“A Real Highlight..”

Book In Advance
More Info
$57.06*
and up
Panoramic Audio-guided Tour to Cannes, Grasse...
Ranked #1 of 14 Shopping in Grasse
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Jean de Galimard, Lord of Seranon and related to the Count of Thorenc, lived in Grasse where in 1747 he created the PARFUMERIE GALIMARD. Founder of the corporation of "Glovemakers and Perfumers", he supplied the court of Louis "the well-beloved", King of France, with olive oils, pomades and perfumes, of which he invented the first formulas. Two and a half centuries after its inception by its illustrious founder, continuing its Royal tradition from 1747, the Parfumerie Galimard remains a family owned and operated entreprise. Galimard's contemporary management style allows its creative branch to breathe life and love into its newest perfume masterpeices. Classical in the pursuit of perfection and harmony, Galimard cultivates inoovation and contemporary style to achieve each unique and sublime eternal creation. We invite you to come and share this joy and passion with us : * IN GRASSE : the visit will lead you through our Museum, laboratory and the conditioning rooms where the origin of perfumes can be traced. A thorough explanation of the extraction methods of aromatic raw materials, flowers, plants and aromatic woods is offered. You will also discover the work organ of the "composer" of perfumes, called the "Nose", and some of his secrets will be revealed to you. * IN EZE-VILLAGE : our delightful team will inform and guide you throughout our Perfumery and explain the processes of extraction and fabrication. Stroll and discover our authentic Perfume Museum and our ancient traditional soap factory. Both our establishments offer free guided visits 365 days a year. All our products are priced as factory outlet. * In GRASSE and in EZE-VILLAGE : come and create your own personal perfume! Pioneed and recognized leader in this Art, Galimard opened its Studio des Fragrances in Grasse in 1997 and its Studio des Fragrances in Eze-Villlage in 2007. In our Studio des Fragrances, we invite you to enter the world of personal perfume creation. With the assured knowledge of the Parfumeur, you will embark upon a voyage of personal discovery and emotional freedom in designing a fragrance that is uniquely yours.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had booked this course online a couple of days prior. At 45euro it was great value. The course was fun, interesting and informative. My wife and I made our own perfumes, mine was a gift for my Mum and suffice to say, I reckon I could be a perfumer, my mother loved my creation which was nice.
Of the three public perfumeries, Galimard, Molinard and Fragonard we both preferred Galimard as it was smaller, more personal and the fragrances we felt were the best. I loved the Sportissimo.
Also if you love your fragrance they keep it on record so you can order again and you can get soaps etc done in the same scent.

5  Thank moleandbird
in 6 reviews
"session"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have just come home from taking the create your own perfume class ( they take them in several languages ) ,clutching my pretty bottle of my very own fragrance complete with specialist label.. What a super activity ,2 hours flew by ! ,A very informative tutor and it was interesting seeing how the notes of scents build up to make the final fragrance ,fabulous ,€45 well spent and the gift shop is nice too ! You receive a diploma d'eleve too -which will be fun to frame and hang on the wall ! Highly recommended.

2  Thank Gabalotte
Reviewed May 28, 2013

we walked into this place and asked if there was any slots open for perfume making. it was 45euros for approximately an hr experience and you can bring home a 100ml perfume that's made by yourself! considering on what you bring home with you and the experience, i thought it is definitely a moneysworth activity in grasse.

However, when you are leaving the place, make sure you ask clear directions and go earlier as
some of the buses running in the area might be on a hourly schedule. If you miss one bus, you might end up missing the bus at the bottom of the mountain to go back to cannes. So you might end up waiting for 2 hrs for nothing.

1  Thank janjanchow
Reviewed May 3, 2013

While staying in Nice, we decided to travel around a little, visiting Cannes and Grasse.
We had booked ahead on this course and we were glad we did.
After getting VERY lost in Grasse we finally made it! If you are arriving by bus I HIGHLY reccomend taking a taxi to Galimard there are signs everywhere for it but it is NOT within walking distance of Grasse town centre!!
We took the 2hour class on perfume making and it was amazing! I adore my perfume and you are able to re-order it online all the time! Also getting the Diplome D'eleve at the end was fantastic! The member of staff who guided us through the perfume making was brilliant, very friendly and attentive and definately helped us out when we needed it! A must if you are visiting Grasse!!

6  Thank Dearbhlagh M
See more reviews
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I called earlier in the day to be sure we could have a tour. The website says they are open 365 days per year. I was told that the last tour leaves at 5pm. We arrived well before 4 pm. And were told by the receptionist that an English tour would begin in fifteen minutes but that we could browse the shop downstairs while waiting. We went to the shop and began to sniff and spritz, what one expects to do in a parfumerie. We were told pretty firmly that we should wait until the tour to touch the fragrances or smell them in the shop. We were made to feel really uncomfortable about being there by the time we were told that our tour hostess was available. It turns out she was the same woman who did not want us to sniff the fragrances in the shop. She was very pleasant despite having walked up on my conversation with the receptionist whereupon I suggested that they not tell waiting customers to go shop if they are not expected to smell the fragrances. When the tour was over we were taken to a perfume counter where we were sprayed with a bunch of fragrances and then made some big purchases. There was nothing in the tour that would have made us have a clearer understanding of the fragrances so I am not sure why such a big "stink" was made about waiting for the tour. Overall, the guide was very knowledgeable, helpful and nice.i would recommend this as a rainy afternoon activity. Plan to spend about an hour there. They also offer an offsite workshop in which you can create your own scent and take a 100ml bottle of your creation for €45. This is ten Euro cheaper than I paid for a bottle at the counter.

1  Thank HopeSoToo