“wonderful B&B”

Ranked #21 of 36 Grasse B&B and Inns
Sydney
“wonderful B&B”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We were very comfortable here even though it was the height of summer and we stayed in the attic room. Bernadette and her family were very friendly and helpful. Bernadette provided a huge choice for breakfast each day and she gave wonderful restaurant recommendations which I'm sure we wouldn't have found ourselves. We highly recommend staying here as vey cosy and run by friendly people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Russia
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Do not expect any chic in this village near Grass. But here you'll find a more precious thing - hospitality. At Lou Pantail you feel yourself like a member of Bernadette's family. The warmth of this home was one of most important impressions from our trip to Grass. The only point is you for sure need to rent a car ( the bus stop is a little bit far away).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Paderborn, Germany
Reviewed August 17, 2011

In July, I stayed at the Lou Pantail for a few days and I'm still thrilled to have found this wonderful place. Even though the surrounding area doesn't look like much at first, Bernadette's and Guy's clean and welcoming house is surrounded by a beautiful garden and turns out to be a real treat.

I really liked the style of the Azure room with its carefully renovated interior and in particular a spotless, modern bath. There is a very nice personal but unobtrusive touch to everything which made me feel very much welcome and at home.

Bernadette was incredibly friendly and helpful in every matter, from recommending great restaurants and places to see, to helping me with extending my vacation in France. That is not to mention the fantastic breakfast she prepared every morning, always with something extra she had just freshly baked herself. It was so good that, after my first day, I reserved at least an hour to fully enjoy and appreciate everything on the table.

I am very happy I found the Lou Pantail and stayed there as opposed to some anonymous hotel at the coastline - I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying with Bernadette and Guy at Lou Pantail during a recent trip across France and this was by far our favourite accomodation. Having read the negative review written here I can't believe they stayed in the same place.

This was the first time we had chosen to stay in a Chambre d'hote and being used to four star hotel accommodation for the rest of our stay we were a little nervous as to what to expect. We needn't have been! The house was beautiful and immaculately clean. We too stayed a room at the top of the house, which had stunning views of the rolling hills of Grasse. Yes there were frogs nearby, which we were informed of on our arrival but to be honest we never heard them much and they certainly never kept us awake.

Our room was beautifully decorated, with a very tradtitional and romantic looking French bed. We also had a mosquito plug-in which mean't that we could leave the windows and shutters open if we wished, we never saw any mosquitos at all. We were also supplied with an air conditioning unit as it was particulary hot during our stay. The TV worked perfectly well, not that we used it so much as there is so much else to see.

The website stated that we would enjoy a copious breakfast and I have to say it was more of a break - FEAST!! Freshly made bread, pastries, home-baking, homemade preserves, local cheeses, yoghurts, fresh fruit from the family's garden, freshly squeezed juice and endless coffee. And best of all on bright mornings breakfast was served in the gardens which were in full bloom and very fragrant. We would eat and chat each morning for more than an hour, fueling us for the day we had no need to eat again until the evening. Compare this breakfast to the others that we experienced in our 6 other hotels and Bernadette's French feast will win every time because of the quality, freshness and ambience.

Bernadette and Guy were very welcoming hosts and extremely helpful offeriing local advice on places to visit and making restaurant recommendations. I feel that we were able to see the 'real' Cote d'Azur thanks to their knowledge. Bernadette especially could not do enought to ensure that our stay was everything we wanted it to be. I have already recommended Lou Pantail to friends and family (and we've only just arrived home!) We are already planning our return trip to Provence and are looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the Azur room it's beautiful
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My daughter and I had the pleasure of staying at Bastide Lou Pantail in June of this year.
Our hosts were welcoming and helpful, and made our short stay in Grasse so much easier with thoughtful tips on transport, food, things to do and places to see.
I have special dietary needs - my breakfasts were FANTASTIC, the best I had during my travels throughout France -I couldn't eat it all! My daughter loved the goats cheese, home made jams -yummy - and baguettes, croissants, etc etc. She too, couldn't eat the large amount put in front of her.
Our room was good, the beds very comfortable and we slept well. And we loved the decor. That's what we went to France for.
And yes, the frogs were noisy - but only in the evening, and we were out eating most of that time!! Throughout our travels and stays in Provence these noisy frogs were everywhere, we just closed the windows and shutters - no problem then.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
England
Reviewed June 6, 2011

To start the review on a possitive note ...the lady was friendly and the actual house is nice but that's where the possitivity ends......We were taken up to the TOP of the house via a long and winding staircase, we were shown our shabbychic room emphysis on "shabby", the door to the toilet was a sliding wardrobe door of some description with the veneer bulging away from the surface, the bathroom had NO door at all and the worst grey flat towels I have ever seen (we did not use them) The breakfast was very disappointing to say the least, it was described as copious, in truth it was the most dull and certainly the smallest we had whilst in Europe. The bed dipped in the middle, it was a dusty dated room and to top it we had FROGS, FROGS AND MORE FROGS making a dreadful noise all night long, they would croak to each other continuously.....a total nightmare !
When I mentioned the frogs the next morning the lady was not interested and just said they were natural but surely if they are making such noise every night she should have at least mentioned them in her guest house description......dreadful, and we paid 80 euros for NO sleep what so ever......! The TV set did not work , light switches were loose....I could go on but can't be bothered to be honest.
Will we be returning.......ABSOLUTELY NOT !

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shihtzubabies
Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Just back from Madame Anfosso's guesthouse.

It's absolutely great experience. I used to stay in hotels. This was my first time to stay in a B&B guest house, and it's superb and unique experience!

I had a Azur room with own bathroom and toilet, the room is comfortable and clean. It has a fantastic mountain view, Alps. You can park the car in the courtyard.

The family was very friendly and helpful. Madame gave me many tips for the area, where and what to visit. The breakfast was delicious with homemade jams, fresh fruits (pomegranate from her own garden!), croissant, baguette and so on. She even decorated once with the jasmine from the garden. :-) That's so cute!

Madame is a warm-hearted person with open mind, full of the joy of life. The landscape in Côte d'Azur is breathtakingly beautiful, the historic towns are unforgettable.

If you are tired of always staying in the hotels and want to know more about culture and people, family run B&B guesthouse is definitely a good choice!

I enjoyed my stay in Lou Pantail very very much and would definitely come back to it when visiting Côte d'Azur again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo