“A feast for your senses”

La Bastide Saint Antoine - Jacques Chibois
Reserve with
La Bastide Saint Antoine - Jacques Chibois is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 166 Restaurants in Grasse
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Bastide Saint Antoine is now famously know for its 1 Michelin Star Restaurant where you will be able to enjoyed a cuisine based on lightness, delicacy and creativity, with fresh seasonal products, in a magical environment. Five months a year, you will be able to enjoy your meal on our terrace under great trees, in the middle of our flower garden. For the rest of the year, we offer a inside dining room with a fireplace and a tasteful and light decoration. Our Chef Jacques Chibois is pleased to offer you different Menus depending on the market products and on his guests' special requests.
Reviewed August 1, 2012

One of my favourite places, this restaurant has an amazing setting to start with. Even if you go on their terrace for lunch in the full heat of summer you'll be very comfortable under the big trees. Then comes the service, perfect. The sommelier knows exactly what he's doing and every choice he's help us make was always impeccable. Will all this it's already an incredible place but the food brings you even closer to heaven. It's researched, precise, tasteful and delicious to the palate and the eyes. A perfect place.

LaBastideStAntoine, Directeur général at La Bastide Saint Antoine - Jacques Chibois, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I just see your comment, and I wish to thank you for finding the time to do this after your lunch at The Bastide Saint Antoine.

As you are aware, we constantly strive to offer high-quality service, worthy of the image we wish to give to The Bastide Saint Antoine. We much appreciate the assessments of our customers and use them to improve our establishment in order to achieve an impeccable level of service.

The whole team of The Bastide Saint Antoine, remains at your entire disposal for any additional information, to ensure that you benefit from the utmost comfort during your next meal with us.

Hoping we’ll have the pleasure to welcome you at The Bastide Saint Antoine when you next come to la Côte d’Azur,

Yours Sincerely,

Mehdi Rezki

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went to this restaurant with our two children, ages 7 and 5. The staff was very accommodating with the food choices, and my husband and I were able to enjoy a fantastic lunch while our children were very happy with pasta or steak. The view was beautiful (we had lunch on the terrace) and the service was very good, with the exception of the VERY long delay between our second and third courses. But that is my only complaint. We've lived in Europe for two years, and my husband and I agreed that this was our best French meal.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We ended up here by mistake.
Essentially my husband and I looked for the nearest restaurant to the airb'n'b that we were staying at. The iphone app on tripadvisor doesn't indicated cost. This restaurant was the closest highest rated restaurant. We walked to the restaurant getting a little lost on the way and having to climb over a fence to leave a private residents carpark before we arrived at the gate to Chibois.

The gravel driveway was lined with blacked out windowed limos and luxury cars. My husband pointed at the car parked directly outside the front gate, the one with the Monaco number plate, and said that car is worth nearly as much as our house.

Because we didn't realise that it was such a flash restaurant we arrived a little underdressed. My husband in shorts and a tshirt. The doorman went to check if there was a table available. Luckily there was ... about two dozen of them!! It wasn't full that night. I think that we made it passed the the dress code rules by the skin of our teeth.

The table was lovely and we were made to feel very relaxed. almost immediately we got a plate of olive oil from the garden of the restaurant. IT was equisite. The bread very tasty. We were both handed menus... and I started to panic.... the menu didn't have any prices!! The old adage "if you need to ask how much then you can't afford it" crept into my mind. Darren was highly amused.. his menu had prices.

The fixed price menu was a choice of two .. both over 160 euros. The al a carte was over 20 euros for starters and over 40 euros for mains. We had already nibbled at the bread and so in for a penny in for a whole lotta pounds. It was a crazy extravagance and we were going to enjoy it.

Because the menu was in French we needed help. I have NEVER been so grateful to our waiter who very humbly said "may we discuss the menu". It was put so beautifully and in a situation where we might have felt overwhelmed. There is a fine balance between cold highly efficient service and over friendly in your face service and this man hit the balance perfectly. Warm but unobtrusive.

WE ordered a la carte and were then delighted to receive a little taster starter that included a delight that I still dream about which was a cherry tomato injected with beetroot vinegar. This course was FREE and definitely a highlight of the meal.

The starters and mains were very pretty but not amazing. My meat was a little dry. Darren and I discussed whether food tastes better because of presentation. If good service makes a difference. How important is atmosphere. Darren believes that you eat with your eyes ... I think that presentation should be secondary to taste. The little bread basket was delightful.. but the ugliest little seed crusted wholegrain bread was the tastiest.

WE enjoyed the people watching.. A glamourous looking couple causing a stir at around 9pm. Her in a stunning chiffon semi transparent dress split to the thigh. She had to raise the chiffon a little to stop herself falling over her platform heels... a few eyebrows raised as she did..

There was a family with three children a few tables away. Gorgeously behaved children who were eating a meal worth more than many peoples weekly salary.

It was at this point the sommelier came by and did the biggest service no-no of all time. He took away Darren's plate while he was still chewing !! Grrrrr.

But my anger was quickly soothed by the FREE plate of petit fours.. again a highlight of the meal. The lemony ones were amazing.

Perhaps the best strategy is to go for the fixed price menu. The restaurant obviously does the small taster courses to an extremely high quality.

While the cost of the meal was a shade under 200euros there was a lot of little extras that made made it feel like it was worth the money. If the mains had been the standard of the free courses then i would be rating the value for money much higher. Apart from the sommelier the service was impeccable. The atmosphere lovely.

Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I booked a table for lunch celebrate our wedding anniversary. Since we were planning to take our 6 month daughter with us and it was our special day I called the day before to confirm we get a convenient table with a good view. First impression was a disaster. On arrival after a 1.5 hour trip we discovered table reserved for us was mistakenly given to someone else. Worse still no apology was made and we were offered a much smaller and less convenient table which wan't even prepared. I made a big fuss and said exactly what I thought of the management and we were finally given a larger table. From then on things improved. The menu provided a good choice. The service was perfect. The food was truly incredible. I ordered langoustines for starter and goat for main course. Both were fantastic. We then discovered that my wife forgot a bottle for milk to feed our baby. I asked where I can find the closest pharmacy to buy the bottle. Our waiter, Patrice said that he will arrange for a bottle to be delivered instead. We proceeded to enjoy our tea and desserts and in 10 minutes we had a brand new bottle delivered to our table. I have to say that this definitely compensated for the mistakes made regarding our table. As we were departing the restaurant director approached me and offered his apologies for misunderstanding that took place and give me two bottles of olive oil made at the restaurant as well as sweets. Overall, in spite of the initial bad impression we enjoyed our meal and I recommend this restaurant and would definitely visit it again some day.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

A michelin starred restaurant and now 5* hotel. We had lunch on the terrace, 5* service, a fantastic menu with a huge choice, several "extras" @ €59 each. Menu was as per their internet site bar 1 dish. A fabulous experience. If you're on the Riviera & into fine food, do it at least once. Dinner is much more expensive. The wine list has ~ 1600 choices, very ambitious, but we found a great red Burgundy @ €66. The service was very friendly, helpful, and top class.