“perfect for families on a budget”

Residence Odalys Open Golfe Juan
midlands
“perfect for families on a budget”
Reviewed June 25, 2007

perfect for families wanting to stay near Cannes or NIce but not being able to afford the prices in either place.Apartmenst are simple and plain with little furniture or cutlery typically french.you need to take or hire linen and towels.Nice and dark rooms at night due to shutters.Lovely pools ideal toddler one and one for rest of us.Nice poolside restaurant serving meals ro just drinks around pool.Airport bus stops outside go any wehre for 1.30 euros.Catch the same bus to Nice or Cannes.very handy no car needed or recommended.Playground,bakery,beach both private and lpublic all within 5 mins walk.Would recommend this property and recommend you book through a travel agent as I did so you know what you are getting for you family.It is not luxury just good old fashioned simple self catering.

• Liked — loaction and toddlers pool
  • Disliked — buying bin liners
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank moo1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Czech first
Italy
Reviewed April 10, 2007

I've just read the other rewiew sabout Open Golf and I really want to
express my disapproval.

I've stayed there with my boyfriend three times, each time for a week at the and of December (2004-2005-2006). The first time we booked our stay by a travel agent but during the stay we noticed the precision and the courtesy of the staff, so the other two times we decided to contact the property directly for the reservation. No problems.

The complex is really nice, composed by five/six blocks of building situated in a peaceful big garden with a pool.

First of all, me too I have to say that this is an aparthotel. That means, you have an apartment for your own, so you have to clean it and make your bed by yourself.

The apartments are spaciuos, with a complete kitchen (with dishwasher), a living room, a bedroom and a big balcony equipped with
table, chairs and even a clothes rack. There are two kind of apartments:
- standards, which have a very small bedroom, with a small window too
- superiors, whose bedroom is bigger and has direct access to the balcony. The superior treatment includes free towels and sheets at your arrive.

NOTE: II think it is really a "luxury" having a bedroom in a residence...in the most of cases they usually have only a sofabed in the kitchen...

All apartments have indipendent heating, but do NOT have A/C (howewer
in winter It obviously wasn't a problem for us)

The last time we stayed there, the heating system didn't work. The reception closed at 8.00 PM and the line of the telephone in our apartment was interrupted. I went in the hall and asked the barman for help. He has been very nice with me; he sent a technician at our apartment the same evening and next morning the problem was solved.

I can say that everithing was adeguated for the price.

I definitely recommend this residence to everyone who wants to spend a peaceful holiday near Montecarlo, Nizza, Cannes but as he was at home.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank A_B_82
Roseville, California
Reviewed July 2, 2006

I was an adult traveling with other adults and 20 high school students. We came to the Cote d' Azur from Paris, where it was warm, but bearable. It was easily in the 90s and very humid our 4 days/3 nights in the South of France.

This place was most disappointing. The rooms, while spacious, have no AC or fans. When it is hot, humid, and without a breeze, they are worse than saunas! I drenched the sheets on my bed with sweat on both nights.

The restaurant staff was rude. Period. No other way to describe it. The bartender, on the other hand, was a good chap.

The grounds are very nice, the pool is adequate for a plunge, however, the close it at 7 PM! And they will not budge on that time. Period. A nice late evening plunge to combat the heat would have been wonderful.

I concur with the other reviewers about the linen issue. My wife inadvertently flooded the bathroom with the shower, and we sopped it up with our towels. It cost me 12 euros to get a fresh set of towels. The front desk's comment was, we only change towels every two days for tour groups. Very dismissive. We were glad to leave.

On the positive, there is a nice patisserie about .5 Km east of the hotel in Antibes. The sand beach is nice -- the kids had a ball there.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank gcjones

Travelers are raving about these Golfe-Juan Vallauris hotels

Louisville, KY
Reviewed June 22, 2006

I stayed at this hotel in early June of 2006, and found the room and service there to be some of the worst I have experienced in any of my trips to Europe. I was promised a room with three beds, but when we got inside there was one bed, a couch, and a roll away bed. That in itself wouldn't have been a big deal, except for the fact that the couch and roll away had no linens on them other than the dirty towels that were lying all around the room. When I went downstairs to explain the situation to the reception, they handed me a bag of sheets and told me to go make the beds myself.

The next day we came in the room to find that the towels hadn't been changed. I went back to the reception to get new ones, but the lady at the desk sneered at me and said, "we don't DO clean towels," whatever that's supposed to mean.

If you're planning on staying here you should also know that the reception closes at night. I had a problem with a suitcase lock one evening and tried to find someone that could help me break it, because there was no way to get it off. There was absolutely no one left in the hotel (this was about 10:00 at night), except for the bartender, and the only thing he could offer me was a butter knife. It would be nice to at least have a security guard around, because someone tried to break into the room beneath me in the middle of the night.

If you want bad service, dirty towels, the chance of having your room broken into, and a place located 45 minutes from Nice, this is the place for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank spiritrock4u
London
Reviewed February 19, 2006

This is not a hotel but an aparthotel.

Complex itself looked OK - mid winter so couldn't really comment but pool/facilities looked OK for summer.

I booked this complex as wanted an apartment rather than a hotel - BIG mistake.

Lounge area was OK but bedroom was awful - all that was in the room was a bed - no room for anything else - not even a window - resembled a prison cell.

I realised my mistake after seeing bedroom and quickly checked out and into a nearby hotel.

Think before you book and check website carefully.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank SJBerkshire
Pleasant Grove Utah
Reviewed February 21, 2005

Stayed at the Open Hotel from 2/13 to 2/18 2005. We were there for a big tradeshow in Cannes, everything else was booked. This is really less of a hotel and more of tourist apartment. The room we stayed had a seperate bedroom, kitchen, and living room. Definitely not luxurious, but spacious. When you check in, they give you your bedding and towels. You have to make your own bed, no housekeeping...
The location is ok, but not on the beach. It has a small pool, but definitely no swimming in Feb, too cold. Their are also not many restaurants close, there is a Mcdonalds though...I did refuse to eat at a Mcdonalds in France, but then found it was the only restaurant open, so I ate there and it was a little different than US Mcodonalds.
This is a good bargain location, as long as you know what you are getting into..

4 Thank tkhong
#18 of 47 in Juan-les-Pins
Resideal Antibes
Resideal Antibes
#64 of 86 in Antibes

Been to Residence Odalys Open Golfe Juan? Share your experiences!