Chateau Eza
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Edmond's Hotel(Cap d'Ail)
  • Restaurant
Hotel de Monaco(Cap d'Ail)
  • Room Service
All reviewsprivate balconyfrench rivierawelcome drinkyour luggagel occitaneleave your cartasting menujunior suitewinding streetscote d'azurboutique hotelamazing viewsamazing experiencemedieval villagepark your cara michelin star restaurantworth every cent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I've travelled most of my life and this is easily the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Exclusive location, breathtaking views, 5 star service (and prices to match) and spacious room. We went all out and got the junior suite, and it was worth it. Jacuzzi on the balcony, massive room and bathroom, deck chairs also on the balcony with a retractable shade. I recommend booking at the restaurant as well (it was amazing). TRAVEL WARNING: this hotel is very hard to get to! Do not try to walk from the train station. It's 1.5 hours, uphill and rocky. A taxi is 45 Euros from the station (15mins) or catch the 83 bus to Eze Village. If your coming from Nice take the 82 or 112, but be warned, they do not come regularly (every hour or so).

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank WardS378
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Easily, simply, absolutely the finest dining experience I have ever had in my life. For foodies that like to pretend there is such thing as a budget, lunches offer the same chef's tasting menus and a much more agreeable price. They have two tasting options, plus the entire a la carte menu. Service is unparalleled - and surprising in the midst of the tourist experience that is Eze. We were nearer La Turbie, staying at Domaine Pins Paul, away from the crowds. When we ventured to old Eze, we weren't surprised by the gobs of tourists. What was surprising was how elegant, calm, and inviting the Chateau Eza restaurant was. Unwittingly, we had shown up at the precise end of lunch service - something we would never, EVER voluntarily do. The hostess whisked away for a moment, then happily sat us, without a tinge of "we should get off soon". I have a feeling, at this level, this is purely about service, and they don't suffer the same American entitlement when it comes to service industry employees. We were sat along the window, and the view is even more spectacular than the pictures relate. We started with a bubbly rose, served in the most beautiful pewter flutes, with a lovely angel base. It was far from gaudy, and beautifully crafted... a brilliant start to a once in a lifetime meal.

We got the "Menu du Prince", which consisted of the following:

Veloute savoureux aux premieres asperges blanches perle a l'huile vierge, moelleux de champignons et petales de fleurs de ciboulette... a mushroom, asparagus, creamy salad. It was simply divine. This came after a few amuse bouche that were small, creative bites that were just smashing - small and creative salmon and avocado bites that seemed like art.

Then polenta moelleuse et legerement frite, petits pois et sa crevette caramote - a soft polenta with lightly fried peas and shrimp caramote. Just superb.

Rumsteck d'agneau marine, puis roti au four, velours aux herbes, jus a l'infusion de menthe du maroc - rump of lamb with moroccan mint sauce

Lles premieieres fraises de la creme mascarpone a la pistache, fraicheur au basilic - First strawberries of the season with a pistachio mascarpone creme fresh with basil.

Every single bite from every single course was transcendent, and an experience. We made wild eyes with every bite, passionately exploring the experience. It was divine, rare, and something I wish I could share, or give justice to via an online review. I feel bad that I can't relate our whole experience, or remember it perfectly.

This is a place to go to treat yourself, so you can go home and remember your trip forever, just by closing your eyes and thinking about the views and bites. It's superb, and we cannot wait to return... it won't be soon enough!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at Chateau Eza for three night in July 2013. The hotel was beautiful, unique and filled with history. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The service was also good, but then again it should be at their prices. I love the hotel but by the third night, I was kind of done with the Eza village and the drive up - so out of the way. If you want to explore the French Riviera, then perhaps this is not the best location to stay. But if you are looking for a cozy & romantic night (or two), then this is the perfect location! The dining room was also nice - incredible views. However, it was pricey and I'm not so sure it was worth the price...

Summary: Loved the hotel, loved Eza, but don't want to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jardin suite and it was lovely!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I found this 10 room/suite hotel on Trip Advisor at the last minute in the summer in South of France. Think I got the last suite, called the Chateau Suite, and it was amazing. Private balcony with hot tub (!), separate sitting room with fireplace that we didn't need, and large high ceiling bedroom. Bath with high -tech Japanese toilet (which might have been overkill), steam shower, and soaking tub. Very clean, very private

Staff was attentive and discreet. Room service fast and exact.

We ate dinner on a private balcony connected to their Michelin star restaurant. It was all in a pakcage for about 1100 euros for two, so not bad for 5 star luxuty (it is a Small Luxury Hotel of the World) in S of France in mid summer.

LIttle town was amazing, built up an a perch of rock like a James Bond movie.

HIghly recommended.

Room Tip: i think they are all nice, but the Chateau Suite has a jacuzzi on the private terrace, so go to town there....
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the hotel and a very good meal in the restaurant. The view is the best we have ever experienced and the service is worldclass. However, it's a bit overpriced. With this taken in to consideration it would have been a nice gesture if they would have at least included breakfast in the rates of the room. Seems a bit stingy to charge €25 per person for an avarage breakfast buffet when the room rate is €440 for the quite small and simple (but with great view from the balcony!) superior double that we stayed in. It's a bit overpriced in the bar and the restaurant too. I suppose they charge extra for the view :)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple