“Perfect in every way”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Eze
New York City, New York
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We just left Chateau Eza after a spectacular 4-day visit. I do not think I have adequate words to describe how fantastic everything was, from the beautiful room, the staggering view from the private balcony, and the glorious bathroom (which my husband will never stop talking about). What made this trip extra special was the very personal and special treatment by everyone on the hotel staff. They knew us by name and made every detail special. I have never felt more cared for as a guest in all of my travels around the world. We cannot wait to go back to Chateau Eza!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Loved this property. Loved park your car in the bottom of the hill where valet is waiting. Loved the village which is totally pedestrian and artsy. Loved the restaurant at the edge of the cliff. A great hotel to come to as a couple. It is romantic and alluring. A great property

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a splurge, but you will get what you pay for, and then some. To start with, access to the hotel is not for the faint of heart. Because of the village's location at the top of a rocky crag, you must park with a valet and walk quite a ways up steep slopes and steps. But very, very picturesque steps though an old village built of stone and covered in greenery. Once at the hotel, you will be met with flawless service and beautiful newly renovated rooms. The hotel is a combination of twelve rooms combined from separate/semi-joined stone town houses. We initially booked a Jr suite and got a two level. Room with a lower living room with a couch-bed and its own full bath (dark and no view, but great for a family) with a master bedroom with a small terrace overlooking the sea (and its own full bath). We upgraded ourselves to a suite next to the office. The bathroom has what I affectionately called a "disco shower", a self-contained spa shower with color-therapy LED lighting, music (if you want it), a steam sauna (which I now can't live without), and more various water jets than are strictly sane. As if that were not extravagant enough, the room also has a very high-end Japanese Toto bidet-toilet. To complete the spa experience, the large terrace off the living room had a two-person jacuzzi with the best views of the Riviera coastline and Cap Ferrat outside of a helicopter. The bedroom has a vaulted ceiling with a walk-in closet. The furnishings are very high quality. And every evening for turn-down the staff leaves a set of tea and cookies. In addition to the fabulous rooms, the hotel has an equally fabulous restaurant with stunning views and very professional staff, and a great cliff-side bar area (which is also where breakfast is served, also excellent). The village of Eze itself has several cute galleries and shops, along with many nice cafes, and an excellent (and moderately priced alternative to the Michelin-starred restaurant of the hotel) Italian restaurant just a few hundred feet away from the reception office. You are also a few minutes walk from an amazing hill-top cactus/exotic garden (small entry fee).

If you want to be near action and bustle, then staying in Eze is not for you. But if you want to see the Riviera from a quiet and scenic (and exclusive) retreat, then it's fantastic, and Hotel Eza is the choice for you.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Upon on arriving at Chateau Eza and after a tiring flight from London we were greeted with a couple of glasses of bubbly, with this we knew we were in for a very special time in our lives.
Shortly after we were given a tour of our room and then we headed to the outdoor terrace, where we spent quite a lot of time during our stay lapping up the great weather and the beautiful views. The bar terrace has the most amazing views over all of the St. John Cap Ferrat and then some. Oh the sunsets! (with a cold glass of something in your hand) were probably the best that me and my lovely wife have ever seen....you just couldn't beat it.

After having a great night sleep in a very comfortable bed in a room that was spacious and accommodating we went down and enjoyed breakfast in the hotel’s private room that once again has stunning Mediterranean sea views.

We were so happy with the staff. They made us both feel so welcome and by the end of our stay we felt so relaxed and content. This brings me to an important part of my review - the concept of Chateau Eza - as I have mentioned above if you are looking for a corporate hotel or one of 'those' five star resorts with around the clock amenities than I am afraid to say you are certainly looking at the wrong property. At Chateau Eza they have really created a luxurious home feel, where you can relax, eat amazing gourmet food and savor amazing views and sunsets.

Too finally sum it up, would we go again?...We can't wait!...would we recommend it.....we can't stop talking about it to the point that we will most likely never get in again. Well done Chateau Eza in creating an environment which oozes charm and pure luxury .....keep up the great work and we will see you soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We spent our Honeymoon at Eza last September and couldn't have chosen a better place. We stayed in a Junior Suite, and this particular room was Panoramique. I'm sure the other JS's are good as well, but this was definitely something I can recommend. The biggest plus is definitely the outdoor Jacuzzi in the balcony - you have complete privacy as there's not a single place where the balcony can be spotted. The view to the sea is of course unblocked. Eza boasts an interesting history and it truly is one of a kind hotel. The Eze village is as romantic as anything can be - especially during the nightime, when there's not too many tourists. Price is steep, but I think still worth the money. Also the restaurant can be recommended without reservation. I mean, you need reservation, but.. you know :)

Room Tip: Check beforehand the particular room you wish to have.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Chateau Eza. We loved it. It was like something from a dream.
I got a special offer on the Chateau’s website, a huge discount on a Junior Suite for €385.
The booking was smooth and I also checked a few things through email with the hotel and all my questions were answered, and I asked a lot!
There was only one Junior Suite pictured on the website and it looked fabulous and I really hoped for a suite that would be similar to this…and we ended up getting that exact suite! The Royal Suite.
Chateau Eza is not one contiguous building. As you are now in the medieval village of Eze perched high on a mountain top, the rooms and suites are dotted throughout the village, mostly right up almost at the very top of the village, grouped near or around the main reception and restaurant with the result that you’ll have your own little gate and cobbled stairs and entrance, it feels like you’re part of the fabric and history of Eze itself.
The suite (see my many attached photos) had fabulous elements to it. The shower was a walk in shower, a large space with a bench built into it and a large window with a breathtaking view. Don’t worry about anyone looking in and seeing you all naked, you are up in the cloud here, looking down on everyone. It’s a wonderful powerful shower, combined with fine L’Occitane toiletries. I had the best shower of my life and I came out of feeling on cloud 9. Having that shower while looking over the view, I felt all my troubles and cares just melt away.
On a fun and curious not, the toilet is one of those Japanese ones with a heated set which massages and vibrates you (though the massage and oscillate functions didn’t work) But there’s lot of other buttons to try that will make your nether regions refreshed and pampered!

The suite had its own balcony which offered just stunning 180 degree views of Cap-Ferrat, the surrounding mountains and the Mediterranean Sea. You can watch all the cars and trains wining around the mountains and you’ll even get an off sigh-seeing helicopter fly near the hotel. The balcony even had an automatic canopy so if you are fortunate enough to stay here during sunny weather, you can protect yourself from the getting burnt.

There’s a large TV on the wall with mostly French channels, but when staying somewhere like this, get away from it all and leave the TV off.

The large bed was comfortable enough, I’ve slept in better, but I’m taking points off for the bed linen which had stained sheets and stained pillow covers. Normally I would complain and get them changed. You should absolutely, but on this occasion I didn’t.

A plus was an iDock alarm clock which you can plug your iPod into and use the speakers on it. And I needed that music as I specifically asked for a quiet room but this suite was located over the bar and directly over the restaurant balcony where people sit outside and you are right over them and their noise. One I shut the windows and doors, it was ok, I could hear them but not much and at night, nobody sat out there, probably too cold and the hotel probably wasn’t full to capacity, but if it was during the summer and the hotel was busy, I would think there’s be a lot of noise.
I could also hear many chairs being scraped underneath us and there was also blaring music from an adjacent room that housed inconsiderate occupants who liked to blare loud music, disturbing the peaceful calm of this treasure of a hotel. Shall I take points off for that? Well, yes I will as a room directly over the bar and restaurant isn’t likely to be all that quiet.

There were nice couches and chairs and a table where we breakfasted.
You could go to the restaurant for breakfast or have it delivered to your room. Prices for breakfast start at 25euro PER PERSON and the options weren’t very good and certainly not for 50 euro for 2 people FOR BREAKFAST!!! And I believe it was just a couple of pastries, some bread and cheese and ham and tea/coffee. I’ve included a picture of the options so you can check that out.
The mini bar prices were also a bit high as is the norm in this part of the world and having come from Monte Carlo, I was getting a bit tire of paying 7, 8 or 9 Euros for a can of Diet Coke (which, by the way, tastes nothing like Diet Coke that we get in the UK and Ireland, rather it tastes like some cheap supermarket own-brand cola.
So anyway, instead we strolled down through the village, all the way to the bottom where there is a “Casino” Supermarket selling all the usual supermarket wares. (Casino is just the chain name, like “Tesco”, it has nothing to do with gambling). We bought a baguette, cheese and meats, crackers, orange juice and a lovely bottle of champagne and had a fabulous breakfast with that. You can sit out on your balcony if you have the sunshine and have a breakfast to remember.

There’s also a great big Jacuzzi bath that you can check out but regrettably we didn’t have time.

Oh yes, now…when you arrive in Eze, your car can only go as far as the very bottom on the village, its all cobblestones and tiny, medieval alleyways after that. There is a reception desk down there and if it is not manned use the phone there to call the hotel and they will send someone down to meet you and to collect your bags. When the guy arrives, you can walk on up to the hotel and he will bring your bags. And remember and appreciate him as he has to carry all your luggage by himself up to the very top of the cobbled village, (only the exotic garden is on a higher location) and he also to carry your luggage all the way back down when you are leaving, in full uniform and blazer and often in baking temperatures, so be sure to give him a generous tip and be happy that you don’t have his job!
When you arrive, they will seat you on the terrace and give you a couple of complimentary champagne cocktails and nibbles.

We dined in the 1 star Michelin restaurant and it was awful, really not worth the very large amount of money that it costs, nut I’ll save that review for the section for the Château Eza restaurant.
There are many cafes and restaurants dotted throughout the village from the very tip top to the very bottom and around the hill, so I would definitely recommend and that you dine if any of those, enjoy your delicious meal in the lovely surroundings and save yourself a three figures sum for dinner.

The staff (again with the exception of the restaurant) were all great and welcoming and polite and happy. I would absolutely recommend Chateau Eza for an amazing experience.
Feel free to ask me any questions and if you like this review or the photos accompanying it, please click on the little tab that says that.

One last thing, Eze was a 10-15 minute drive from Monaco. You can use your own car, though you’ll be driving along many twisty mountain roads, or get a taxi or a limo. We got a limo and driver though Heli Air Monaco, Heli Limousines and they gave us a top if the range limited edition BMW limousine which was used at Prince Albert of Monaco’s wedding. I think the cost was about €80 but if you also get the helicopter to Monaco, you can negotiate a discount.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cartagia
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The French Riviera in a different view, in a medieval town over 400 meters above the Mediterranean Sea with an incredible view on every angle on every window in the place.
12 individual suits, on opposite comparison, very new and state of the art accommodations. Yes, it takes the weak of heart to climb slowly but every step of the way was invigorating. It was well done, the restaurant, the service, the terrace happy hour and the gardens. It was worthy to climb and stay where the time is yours, no noise, no rush, romantic and the tranquility of the ocean view.
The restaurant was incredible and right next door La Chevre D'Or restaurant was also a gastronomic experience. Witch I highly recommend since going to town and climbing the steps late at in the evening is not how you want to end the night. If looking for new experience this one was ideal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eliana B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Chateau de la Chevre d'Or
Cap Estel Hotel
#3 of 7 in Eze
Hotel Eze Hermitage
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & Spa
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & S...
#1 of 14 in Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee

Been to Chateau Eza? Share your experiences!