“Delightful fragrances - not overly friendly or solicitous staff”

Parfumerie Fragonard - L'Usine laboratoire
Small-Group Half-Day Tour to Eze and Monaco-Monte Carlo from Nice
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Eze
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Suspended above the sea, on the Moyenne Corniche between Nice and Monaco, stands our perfume, soap and cosmetics factory equipped with the most modern laboratories and workshops. Discover the trade secrets of perfumes and cosmetics in a free guided visit. Our factory is open every day, Sundays and public holidays included, from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm (closed 12 noon to 2 pm November to January). GROUP VISIT OF THE FACTORY We offer free guided tours all year long, for any inquiry or reservation regarding a group.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I did not take the free tour, but luckily I happened to tag along to the end of one of the tours in the shop area. The store has many perfume and soap stations, each one of them staffed yet no one offered any help, recommendations, or explanations - terrible salesmanship. At one of the stations I happened upon the end of a tour. The tour guide was great - I spent a ton of money on perfume because of her fabulous explanations. The store should have sales people of comparable quality to their tour staff.

There are newer reviews for Parfumerie Fragonard - L'Usine laboratoire

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was so very excited to be buying perfume and France and was right to stop here. They had several scents and prices ranged from 12 euros up to 50 or 60 euros. They had a price and smell for everyone! Also, the prices when converted to US dollars are about 1/2 of what I spend for designer perfume in the U.S. so I felt it was a steal.

1  Thank kate408
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We visited the Fragonard Parfumerie Factory as part of our tour - otherwise we probably would not of bothered. Retrospectively I am glad we did. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour - I found it very enlightening in regards to the procedures and preparation that goes into making perfume. Also a clear understanding of how they utilise all the beautiful flowers and herbs grown in nearby Grasse. As other reviewers have stated I was also tad amazed that the "factory prices" were not that low! Consequently I didn't bother to purchase anything at the end if the tour.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This tour of the this factory came with the tour we purchased. It was very informative and I did enjoy learning about perfumes/flowers, etc. I was not happy to feel pressure to buy certain products and I would have thought prices would have been lower since you are purchasing direct from the factory.
Actually my husband left after a while.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went to the factory, enjoyed the tour not outstanding, at the end thought |I way buying perfume at factory prices, totally misleading, the price in their shop in NIce is the same as in the FActory Shop as is the duty free shop in Nice Airport.

1  Thank pmg8686