“I got a very good deal from Groupon and really enjoyed the food here”

Auberge de la Croix du Pape
Ranked #30 of 40 Restaurants in Eze
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is closed for renovation. Please note the Route de la Grande Corniche is closed between Croix du Pape and La Turbie because of safety work to prevent rock falls. The road will reopen on June 1, 2017.
Nice, France
“I got a very good deal from Groupon and really enjoyed the food here”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

In summer, I bought a coupon of a meal for 2 people at a half discounted price. But we couldn't make it during the stay of my friend. So I spent the coupon twice on my own. I was still welcome there and served as any other customer. That's why I give excellent point for their service.
As a picture means thousands words, I share to you all courses I've tried at this restaurant. In addition to the service, I am very satisfied with the food too. As you can see the food is very well presented. It's really a joy for my eyes. The thing I like the most about the food here is that they prepare your meal with fresh and seasonal vegetables. I could feel the freshness in my mouth. So tasty!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Thao N

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FRIENDLY welcome, spectacular view and delicious food.”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had a lovely three course lunch of terrine de canard, cuisse de lapin and vacherin whilst my partner ate parsnip soup and duck. The dishes were imaginatively prepared and complemented by sauces and condiments. A warm appetizer and home-made bread rolls set the scene. The price was very reasonable and the atmosphere was relaxed.

1 Thank montmoren
London
“spectacular view, spectacular restaurant !!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I found the Auberge to be a extremely welcoming place with friendly and highly professional staff. The food i ate was the best during my stay. I came back twice to eat, once at lunch time on the terrace with its amazing view! and the second time in the evening for a romantic meal. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The staff have an obvious dedication to good food and good service, it really shows.

Bon Appetit!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank JGTorbs
Gravesend, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible place”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently ate at this incredible little gem of a restaurant Incredible views of the village of Eze and the Med. Stunning food made by an obviously very good team of chefs with a clear passion! The waitress was very attentive and made me feel special and welcome on arrival and throughout the meal also. From what I could see, every customer was treated with the same level of love and care which is a very rare thing to find in my experience.

The food was so well presented and cooked better than I could have expected. I started with a Foie Gras served on an Apple tarte tatin and a very nice red wine sauce. All of this complimented one another perfectly. Clearly a lot of thought had gone into the flavour combinations. I followed this with one of the best pork dishes I've ever eaten, Pork belly, Pork fillet and black pudding. It was served on a pea pancake, the richest and most moreish mashed potato I've eaten and vegetables cooked to perfection. My dessert was a chocolate souffle. So light I could have eaten 3 more! Delicate yet fulfilling. A truly stunning Souffle.

All in all this restaurant has it all and I will happily recommend it to anyone who wants a calm, relaxed environment to enjoy truly gastronomic food in. Thank you so much for treating me like your most special customer. (Yet I know you would have treated every other customer the same)

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank DoratheX
Otley, United Kingdom
“not sure we will risk third time lucky...”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This restaurant is very handy for us dog owning residents of the French Riviera as it is very close to the fabulous walk around the Palais de Justice... views over the mountains, then Nice, then the sea and Eze work up a nice appetite. This was our second time - and on the first I would have agreed with a lot of the other reviewers. Although the service was overstretched and thus a tad slow and surly (is one waiter at lunchtime enough chaps?!) the food last time was more than edible.

We were debating whether to come back here or go to the perennially excellent Cafe de la Fontaine in La Turbie, but our memories were good and the view is better. The one waitress (see above) was running like the wind and, rather sadly, refusing our offers to help even in just setting up our table. The food was poor; my starter of roquefort and brie with beetroot did not have any brie, and had funny lumps of what I thought were stones but turned out to be dried confit of beetroot. The waitress gave me a complicated description of how it was made but, if the result is inedible and potentially tooth breaking, why bother? Decoration, came the reply. Hmm, I wasn't convinced. That rather over attention to detail was parried by blobs of commercial mayonnaise - how about making your own and not bothering with the beetroot rocks? The main courses are all the same, in that only the protein varies. The guinea fowl, pork, and beef are all drizzled with the same jus, and served with the same veg (a spear of asparagus, one carrot, lots of mash, and a pea pancake thing that is just weird and I love all things pulse). Paul's beef was horridly overcooked, but he had waited so long he refused to send it back and eventually the dog ate most of it. The chocolate fondant was more an undercooked chocolate sponge and, bizarrely, the plate was drizzled with honey and blobs of something fruity. I think the chef has been watching too much food channel. All in all, everything is the same; there is little originality in any of the dishes and my pork belly didn't even have crackling. Come on, the chef is English. It should have crackling and I know you can do it with french pork as long as you order it with the skin on, so don't give me that old excuse. It is a lovely place, but we didn't see any of the welcome other reviewers have been given, except from some other diners, who were very friendly. Nothng made us feel special, either in our tummies or from the experience, which is a little sad.

• Visited October 2012