“Absolutely Beautiful!”

and 1 more site!
La Vieille Bergerie
Ranked #3 of 9 Eze B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We have just returned from a weekend break, what a beautiful place to stay. The room is lovely and full of little touches to make the perfect stay. We were the only people there and had the gardens to relax in! Amazing breakfast in the garden and even free wifi in the room. Couldnt fault it! If you want beautiful surroundings, peace and tranquility this is the place! A little heaven in a great area!

Room Tip: I think there is just one room a lovely big double and a single in one big room, with fridge and TV...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We just returned form a short visit with Roselyne and it was truly wonderful! It's sort of like staying in her home but having total privacy. The guest room is attached to her house but has its own entrance. She is there to help with any questions about the region and to make recommendations. It may not be suitable for honeymooners or people wanting total privacy, but if you want a true B&B experience with a local, this is the perfect find. The room was spotless and the breakfast the next morning divine. Must have a car to get there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goa20
Reviewed March 19, 2012

With easter fast approaches my wife and I were reminiscing about our stay here last easter. Delicious breakfasts, lovely rose, great service and in a great location! I hope we will be back one day!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BenDoran
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This ranks as one of my favourite hotel/b&bs of all time. It is very unique, very enchanting and romantic and is set in lovely grounds. Every detail of the room, from the bedding to the soap and the spoons, was beautiful. We stayed with our two little ones and were made to feel very welcome. When we arrived home late one night, Roselyn helped us dial for a pizza and brought over crockery and a bottle of wine for us. Really very thoughtful. The French breakfast was fresh and delicious. It was a bit pricey for the four of us but a setting and service like this will never come cheap. Well worth it.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Apple314
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed there for 2 days in June last year, together with my husband and my grandma. Since then I felt a bit guilty that I didn't review La Vieille Bergerie, as we found it wonderful. But it's better late then never and Roselyn deserves all the good comments.

Roselyn is a great host! She served us a traditional French breakfast in the garden (the fresh croissants were delicious!!) and offered us every evening a glass of the lovely Provence rosé .

The cottage has such a romantic atmosphere, it's situated on top of a hill in the middle of nature, overlooking the beautiful medieval village of Eze. Just in the hart of La Côte d'Azur, in between Monte Carlo and Nice, it is a perfect blend of old and modern, a charming getaway in those glamorous neighborhoods.

Everything was immaculate, even the toiled smelled wonderful (I actually liked that scent so much, as I bought myself a similar room fragrance when I got back home; still have it today in my toilet :)

The garden is well maintained, but still keeps that wild look that makes it even more special. Across the cottage there is a path that leads to the top of the hill; we went there just before dark and we were rewarded with an astonishing panorama of lights.

I definitely recommend this place to any one who wants to visit Côte d'Azur, it will be an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Butzchi
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Stayed here one night with my partner. What a wonderful place to stay in the hills overlooking Eze, the attention to detail and service was amazing. Rosalyne was a most generous and attentive host....Thank you for sharing your home with us. I enjoyed a lovely birthday breakfast in the garden, a perfect start to the day.

Worth going to the National Park on top of the hill to experience some breathtaking views.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mousey39
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 lovely days here following our nephew's wedding. Roselyne is the ultimate hostess. We enjoyed rose wine and cookies upon arrival in her garden. Breakfast beautifully prepared and served in her farmhouse or in the garden if it is nice outside. She helped us with dinner reservations and directions. It was all very romantic and calm and beautiful. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle for a few days, this is your spot. This bed and breakfast is located above the city of Eze. Very convenient to visit Monaco and drive the Corniches from here. Easy 20 minute drive to the Nice airport.

Pros: Wonderfully romantic. The bed linens were luxurious.
Cons: The shower is very small. If you are a large person, this may be a problem for you.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eze
Hotel Eze Hermitage
#2 of 6 in Eze
Hotel La Fiancee du Pirate
Hotel La Fiancee du Pirate
#2 of 12 in Villefranche-sur-Mer

Been to La Vieille Bergerie? Share your experiences!