“Good food, service was lacking.”
Review of Le Troubadour

Le Troubadour
Ranked #16 of 40 Restaurants in Eze
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good food, service was lacking.”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We went for dinner on a Saturday night. From what we could tell it was a two man operation--the chef and the waiter/host/bartender. We started with foie gras and cold potato and truffle soup. My soup was delicious, and my husband said the fois gras was good, not great. For our main course my husband had fish and I had risotto. Both were okay. My risotto was a bit undercooked, as the rice was crunchy. My husband finished with ice cream that he said it was grainy- like ice cream gets when it melts a little and then gets refrozen. Overall, our visit was okay. Nothing great, nothing memorable; it was alright.

• Visited September 2011

Toulouse, France
“Rude waiter lost 4 customers”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We were 4 and wanted to share 2 menus and one main dish. Given the prices and the fact that we were not very hungry, this seemed reasonable to us. But not to the waiter, who insisted everyone must order a main dish. Since he would not have it any other way, we left. A shame since all reports are that the food is excellent, but that waiter really needs to learn that he is supposed to provide service to customers!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank rc0209
london
“We keep going back, in spite of the service”
Reviewed November 6, 2010

The waiter at Troubadour has become something of an in-joke between my boyfriend and I. He is unbelievably cold and rude, and refuses to speak French back to us even though we speak fluently. The restaurant itself is quite simple and provencale, but there's not a huge amount of atmosphere - it tends to be quite quiet, no background music etc.

Nonetheless, we find ourselves going back for more every time we're in South of France. The food is absolutely incredible, in particular the foie gras and anything with cepes. I highly recommend, especially off-season.

1 Thank the-azes
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, cold welcome”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

This restaurant sums up what France is...Good food with arrogant people...
We walked in at 9.15 pm and even before asking, the waiter already told us the kitchen was about to close and if we wanted food we had to sit down.
We eventually did as we didn't want to look around for another restaurant. The place is beautiful and has a home-feeling with its medieval decor.
Food is ok, we had the €39 menu and enjoyed scallops, fois gras and then duck and St. Pierre. We also had a langoustine risotto.
Scallops were good, although the duck was not tender at all. Beautiful cherry jus though. Desserts (profiteroles, meringue and sorbet) were ok, but far from what the french can do with pastry and cream...
The service...god, you have to love the french...cold as a mojito but not as good. He looked like we were annoying him with our requests and every question was answered with a smirk on his face and a yes or a not, without elaborating any more. We asked whether he recommended fish or the lamb and all we got back was: It depends what you like...Dude, I definitely don't like you but I'll go for the fish.
In a nutshell, although we moderately enjoyed the food, I'm sure there's better in the area. I definitely won't be going back!

1 Thank ilcasty
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“I went as a reuslt of tripadvisor. I...”
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I went as a reuslt of tripadvisor.

I am often very picky when it comes to eating out.

However I was very pleasantly surprised.

The ambiance, the small rooms, all very tasteful.

It has large thick walls and is a typical provence restaurant.

The service is very good and the waiter even advised us against our choice of entree and main. Too fat and rich. The advice was well appreciated.

My partner had escargots in pastry. Not for the faint hearted but very tasty.

I had the ravioli which was very rich and tasty.

The wine list was very comprehensive and excellent.