“Best gnocchi with shaved black truffle ever”
Review of Le Pastis

Le Pastis
Ranked #90 of 808 Restaurants in Cannes
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: In a warm, authentic setting, the Pastis offers a Mediterranean and Provincial food with flavours adapting to the changing seasons. You will be charmed by our friendly and relaxed atmosphere at a real coffee counter.
Rosemary Beach, Florida
“Best gnocchi with shaved black truffle ever”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I see quite a few bad reviews on here but we went in high season and had a very fantastic meal. Our waiter (georgio) was definitely swamped but he was good at reading into what we wanted. Expensive wine list both by the glass and bottle but a very good wine list. We also tried the Veal Milanese which was spot on perfect. The gnocchi was a special and absolutely melt in your mouth amazing. We wanted dessert or an appertif but the place got so busy our service suffered some. Overall great experience. Americans can be so demanding when they should be a bit more of a gracious and inquisitive guest, my feedback on some other reviews.

• Visited August 2012

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
NYC
“HORRIBLE !!!! Plain and simple”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

STAY AWAY!!!!! One of the most arrogant waiters I have had in a long time. Paid us no attention at all. When I got my pizza, after eating half of it, I noticed that there was melted plastic cooked onto the bottom of my crust. When I notified the Manager, there was no apologies, and was told, "that's because we wrap up the dough when we make it." They did make me a new one, but the waiter never even came over again.
In all fairness, some Italian D-BAGS brought in about a dozen practically underage model girls and all the restaurants attention was focused on that group, and we became nothing more than a nuisance.
STAY AWAY IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU. This place is the epitomy of Euro Trash!!!!! And I hate saying that since I'm of European origin.
UGGGGGGHHH!!!!! I'M STILL ANGRY ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank billybluenyc
“One word.... Bad service”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First restaurant we had in Cannes, and it was a real disappoint. I can not say anything about the service, because there was no service. The only thing they where paying attention at was the street performers. The food was average although the drinks almost cost the same as the main dish.

3 Thank -Ron-L-NL
Cleobury Mortimer, England, United Kingdom
“Ignorant staff, slow service, very poor steaks”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Despite being virtually the only people in the restaurant we were not given the option of sitting outside. We had the Cote du Boeuf for two and most of it was inedible due to gristle and fat. The waiter seemed annoyed at us that we had not enjoyed the meal and we will not be going back

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Dave P
Le Cannet, France
“Sublime bistrot!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

If you are looking for a 'real' bistro atmosphere with menu selection and service to match then look no further! This is truly exceptional and located just a few yards from the Croisette is perfectly positioned. We have been three times now and have never experienced the long or poor service mentioned - quite the reverse - friendly convivial staff happy to serve quickly or to let you sit and enjoy the surroundings. The prices are also equable with the location and, as the serving sizes are good, are in fact good value. Seats available inside [better atmosphere] or outside [people watching].
Standard bistro menu so nothing earth shattering but all served well and very tasty.
This is now my bistro of choice and I am already looking forward to going again in the next few weeks.

• Visited May 2012