“Not the best place... But turned out to be the cheapest option”

Pierre & Vacances Residence Cannes Beach
Ranked #116 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed May 31, 2013

First of all this is not a hotel... It's a self live in residence apartment. Which means there is no service that comes with the place. You remove your own trash. Clean up your own place. Wash your own clothes (at an extra cost in the launderette).

We were there during the Cannes film festival and everything was pretty expensive. This was one of the cheapest options in Cannes. A friend and I took up a two bedroom apartment that said on the website could house four people. But trust me the apartment is good only for two.

The good thing that the place did was have a free to and fro shuttle service from the hotel to the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes.

We didnt bother much about other things in the place as we only turned up to sleep.

I would say if your looking for a cheap place only to crash and other facilitates don't feature on the top of your priority list then this place is not bad.

Also remember everything is chargeable at this place. The towels are 6 euros / The internet is 6 euros a day. Just make sure you know.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Pierre & Vacances Residence Cannes Beach

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I found holiday apartment that I thought is a real apartment but suddenly we found out it was in this residence hotel. Everywhere text Free wifi so I thought it is really free as they wrote! but when I ask about Wifi they said us it cost 5€ for 1 day! and 16€ for 1week! That's FREE Wifi for them, not for me!! It's cheating and lies. There was only few helpful workers others were not interested about helping and speaking to tourists not at all. At night some tourists bring guys to their rooms so it was noisy place to sleep. And at morning there was renovation at least in 4 rooms around and near our room and nobody didn't told us before that there is renovation. In Swimmingpool the water was very cold and birds fly to pool all the time and nobody didn't change water and clean it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Seatraveller7
Reviewed May 28, 2013

the hotel was paid for by a business trip so number one thing is i cant complain much as i didn't spend a dime.

I was there for 1 week. A few decent things: they have fresh towels everyday; the breakfast place was not amazing but its a buffet for 10 Euros. if you stuff your face you can eat beyond the price tag. I tried different cafes around town and easily about or over that amount for something nicer. There are a few markets, corner stores and pastry place near by so you can also prepare your own breakfast in the hotel room. There are buses #1, #2, and #20 a block away that takes you to cannes (hotel de ville stop) that takes about 15 mins. The nicer beach area is actually closer to this part of town instead of the main cannes area. According to locals from Cannes, they recommend beaches near kiosk #16-18. Take notes!

however, if i were to pay the rates in full – i think you could look around for something with better service (holiday purpose). the bathroom smells like urine as there is carpet all over. the glass barely separate the tub and the bathroom (maybe that's french style, not sure). but water spills everywhere! the shower head doesn't hang properly so you have to manually hold it or let it hang real low. There are a lot of flies in the corridor. There isn't a hair dryer in the room or reception (although it is stated clearly on a poster in the elevator) so if you need to dry your hair – bring your own. The receptions are not particularly nice but they are not rude. They are just very matter of facts. Apparently you have to take your trash out at the end of your stay, which you have to check out by 10am.

afterall, i guess this place is considered a budget residence. it is a room with very basic service and basic amenities.

if you stay out till too late in cannes, the cab back to hotel costs $18 from the main bus stops.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BK18854
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have been here twice now, each time staying for a week and we are going again this summer. The apartments are no frills but provides everything you need. Kitchen is well equipped if you want to cook your own food. You will find a fridge and a dishwasher. You get a pack that includes things like dishwasher tablets, tea-towel etc. which is very handy. Don't know why people carry on and call it a dump. My parents have been coming every summer for years and have had no problems. It is not like a prison and it is quite clean - just a bit tired looking.

We have had rooms with a view of the beach which means that we get the trains right outside. Trains are noisy and go until late. The view is fantastic if you can ignore the train lines and the road - accept that this is just how the French do trains - all good beaches have a train going past. Easy walk even for the three year old to go to the beach. The beach as you would expect gets very busy. Kiosks as along the waterfront and within easy reach for a cold drink or an ice-cream.

The pool is very nice and clean. They have areas more suited for small kids that have water spouts going off every now and then. Our kids loved the it. They have very efficient staff that clear up towels when someone tries to reserve seats when they are not there. They also make sure small kids have bathing type nappies on which is a relief when there are a few around.

The restaurant in August 2012 was actually ok, which was a pleasant surprise compared to our previous stay. The area around the hotel is quite nice with a few shops and a very nice bakery where we get our breakfast.

We also liked the laundry facilities which makes it easier when you stay for a week.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach are very noisy because of trains and traffic. View is good though.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Horrible corridors, terrible state of the hotel e.g. The swimming pool, bad lightning, strange people at the resort, awful smell in the way too small bedroom, dirty bathroom, no warm water, toilet did not flush properly, the lamp in the bathroom came almost down, every morning at 5:30 the garbage was picked up just below my appartment.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MichielAmsterdam
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a hole at the worst standard of accomadation. We maxed our credit cards and moved within 5 mins of arriving (which we could'nt afford, to move elsewhere). YOUR KIDS WILL BE AT RISK STAYING HERE OF GERMS AND VIRUSES. IT IS LIKE A PRISON. Ans what is worse, we had our credit card copied and scammed for a further €6000 booking but looking back i am not surprised, given the staff and the sort of people employed. This place is a con and soo dodgy that it is not safe for a normal person to stay. Any responses I will gladly repond to, as this place ruined what looked like a nice holiday on their website. TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THE REVIEWS IF YOUR STUDYING IN ADVANCE AND NOT FROM SUB-SAHARA AFRICA....

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It is a long time that I spent my holidays in this residence, but this year I can say that I am not satisfied. The problem is simple ..... like a question "Is this residence a NO SMOKING Residence or not"? If you read all the panels in it (NO SMOKING)..... yes! This year it was the first time for me and my family that we had smokers as neighbours ..... we have asthma ...... and the residence could not solve our problem because everyone smokes on the terrace, so if you are asthmatic you have to stay with the window close all day long and smell the smoke of them ...... is this an holiday?

I wrote about my experience to the Pierre et Vacances and I would like that they will take it into consideration for the future ...... this is my message to them " I would like more attention for people with asthma because if a Residence is declared a NO SMOKING Residence, I would not expect to find my neighbours smoking all day long on the terrace. They damaged my holidays and gave me a lot of pain too (asthma attack during the night)! " Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family