“Not that great”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Da Stefano

Da Stefano
Ranked #73 of 800 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situee a Cannes tres proche de la gare, dans le restaurant le chef Giuseppe Arbia, propose de la vrai cuisine Italienne, sens rien ajouter d'autre ou les gouts se melangent avec les parfumes en imaginant d'etre' dans la peninsule Italienne. Da Stefano, elegant mais pas pretentieux, vous pourrez decouvir une partie de l'Italie a vous inconnue.
La Condamine, Monaco
“Not that great”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The best thing they had a table for 5 available for lunch on New Year's day. The service was a little slow with only one waiter for the whole restaurant. But he was very nice, especially to the Italian customers. The menu for lunch is limited and the prices for starters are as the same as for main courses. This stopped us from taking a 3 course meal as we normally do. The food was disappointing. I had a veal filet with truffle. The piece of meat was big and there was a lot of truffle. But the meat was too raw, it was still cold inside. The sauce was very sweet so you couldn't taste the truffle. Or was the truffle tasteless? The broccoli mouse was also cold inside. As desert I had a sabayone that had an artificial structure and taste.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hindrikanhonie

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Delicious Italian in Cannes”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Found this place by coincedence but had the best food experience in Cannes. All dishes we tried, pizza margaritha, eggplant parm, salmon tortellini and house salad were all very good. Service is fast and friendly. The welcoming appettizer is really tasty and smart move. (The pizza doughcooked planı and served with pesto, cheese and olive oil topping.) The prices are also very decent. Would definetely like to come back if we ever travel to Cannes again.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful place!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant acidentally! Came first time just for a 15 minutes lunch before our train! In this 15 minutes they got us ready 2 wonderful salads, prosecco and penne for our child! Very friendly chef and all stuff!
The food is simple, italian, fresh and very tasty! Try their fish, fruti di mare, pasta, it is very good! Also they are good and fast at making pasta for children! I recommend that place!

London
“Half good, half bad”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It really pains me to write a fairly negative review about this place because as soon as we'd arrived, I loved it and thought 'I'm coming back here for lunch tomorrow, it's brilliant'.

The welcome was warm and accommodating (even though we were half an hour earlier than planned, because it was raining), the glass of Prosecco perfect, the bruschetta with home-made pesto absolutely delightful. The house rose was lovely too. My husband's Napoli pizza was pretty good. But mine wasn't. I'm by no means a pizza expert but when I read about a pizza primavera with 'buffalo mozzarella, rucola and cherry tomatoes', that's what I expect. The base was crisp and thin but burnt in places (OK, no big deal there). But the rucola/rocket was noticeable by its absence and even more noticeable for having been replaced by tough lettuce leaves (lettuce on a pizza??? Come on, guys, I know we're tourists but...). The 'pomodorini' cherry tomatoes were just chopped up pieces of skinned, average, fairly tasteless tomato. And worst of all, the cheese was raw, un-melted, grated/cubed non descript cheese. It had just been plonked on top of the base. Despite the staff's assurance, I am pretty sure it was as far from buffalo mozzarella as La Vache qui Rit triangles are from AOC camembert. When raising the issues, I was told that the reason the cheese was raw was that the pizza had been made 'like a foccacia'... well, I never, this was the first time in my life that a pizza with raw industrial cheese was described as authentic.

I may still go back because the ravioli with lemon and asparagus (which I should have had, no doubt) sounded fabulous and the welcome was so charming. But I'll definitely not have pizza there again - or maybe I should just opt for the Napoli.

Cost: €47 for 2 pizzas, a bottle of house wine and a bottle of San Pellegrino water. VAT, taxes and service included.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank caratania
“Very dissapointing”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I expected a lot better quality food, given the reviews and price range.

We ordered the aubergine parmesan which was the only good dish.

They give you a free appetiser wine and focaccia which is a nice gesture but the focaccia was nothing special.

We ordered the sausage and radicchio risotto and ravioli four cheese for mains. The risotto obviously lacked cooking technique, it was too runny and lacked any sausage flavour. Also the maitre referred to the salcicia as chorizo which I think is not acceptable given the great difference of these two sausages.

The ravioli four cheese was nothing special and it had saffron in it which is an acquired taste for a lot of people and not mentioned in the menu.

The tiramisu was very dissapointing also. It lacked any flavour. It didn't taste fresh. It was too sweet for an Italian dessert, the biscuits were soaked in coffee liqueur and not espresso. I could not taste the Marsala wine nor the mascarpone cheese. It tasted like a bad zabaglione.

Too overpriced for its quality.

• Visited September 2013