“Excellent food with fantastic view of the sea”
Review of La Mandala

La Mandala
Ranked #92 of 844 Restaurants in Cannes
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Visited on business trip. The restaurant is on the beach off the Croisette. It was busy and the good weather enhanced the experience. The food and the local Provence wine complemented each other. Excellent menu and well cooked and presented cuisine,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food was lovely, the service was just - OK, The prices on the bill were not particularly the prices on the receipt, even though it was the selected item so that was a little strange. It was also quite expensive for what little we had but probably no more than most other places in Cannes.

1  Thank Mich0206
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Was a different experience in that we had dinner as part of the 14th July celebrations and afterward the wonderful fireworks with one of the best vantage points in Cannes. Because of the night, it was a fixed menu, but everything was of the best of quality and excellently cooked given the 300 people or so who were accommodated that evening. the service was also excellent given the number of people being served over just 3 hours. The food included a carpachio of dorade, turbot and a chocolate bar with raspberry coulis.

Overall a great experience, if a little pricey, but to be expected for such an occasion and the demand.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a promotion for this lunch, which is the only way we could consider eating here, as it is otherwise too expensive for our budget. It is right on the beach, which is great, but we were seated at a table separated from other diners and most of the beach by a half-wall, which made our table a little less desirable. Our view was obstructed and we couldn't see our kids when they ran off to play in the sand. We, were, however lucky to get a table at all (especially with a promotion) because it was a gorgeous sunny day at the end of December and it was packed!

The decor was modern and attractive, and it was a lovely place to sit and eat.

The food was good and the service was pleasant if a bit patchy (they were very, very busy).

We would not hesitate to eat there again, but will ask (can't hurt!) to have a table right out on the beach on the sand where we have an unobstructed view.

1  Thank Pandabearjohnson
Reviewed October 13, 2012

On a super hot day in Cannes, we searched high and low for a private beach, because we were silly enough not to have booked something in advance...

The staff at La Mandala we kind enough to see what they could manage for us, despite the fact that they were completely packed, and super busy...

The atmosphere: The restaurant was very vibey, and there were both young and senior folk. It was also very relaxing, and every once in a while, one just wanted to sing along to the tunes playing in the background. I believe this turns into a club/lounge in the evening; but I cannot comment, since we left before that.

The food: The food was incredible. I had the Thai prawn salad with mango, I can't recall exactly the name, but it was delicious, beautiful, refreshing, filling, yet light. I'm not particularly adventurous when it comes to my food. I know what I like, and I want what I like. That day, I after spying the lady next to us with the same dish, I just could'nt resist! My compliments to the cheff. Though I was too hot to have dessert, my companion, had it, and couldn't stop raving...

The service: Though the staff seemed to be quite busy, they were always calm and collected. We were hoping to get some lounge chairs after we had lunched, knowing the chances of being able to rent was close to none, we took a chance anyway... With some kind guests, leaving, and letting us know, and the help of Mike (I don't recall his lastname), we were ushered into sun loungers not long after we finished our lunch. We were treated like royalty the whole time. And when a friend called to join us, it was a matter of asking Mike if he could let us know if anything came available before my friend arrived. Mike was super charming, very helpful, and extremely organised, designating people to available sun loungers, making sure that towels and umbrellas were provided and that we were well hydrated :)

Overall, would I recommend this restaurant/private beach? Hell yeah! ;)