“Hidden Gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couby's Cafe - CLOSED

Couby's Cafe
3 boulevard de Lorraine, 06400 Cannes, France (Formerly Couby's Cafe)
04 93 30 03 37
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to Couby's Cafe. Visit us and discover woks, pasta and hamburgers. Upstairs, enjoy a musical cocktail (Mojitos, Sex on the Beach), Wine Glass or just a beer with friends. Possibility of private party.Live Music every night (except sundays and mondays).During the International Festival Film, we are open every days (7 days a week).Bienvenu au Couby's Café. Venez nous rendre visite et découvrir nos woks, pâtes fraiches et hamburgers. A l'étage, venez prendre un cocktail (Mojitos, Sex on the Beach), un verre de vin ou tout simplement une bière en musique.Des Live Musique sont planifiés tous les soirs (sauf le dimanche et le lundi).Pendant le Festival International du Film, nous sommes ouverts tous les jours (7j/7j).
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Following positive reviews on TA my wife and I visited this restaurant for dinner tonight. We were not dissapointed! A warm welcome on arrival and quickly seated. Friendly and helpful staff, taking time to explain the menu. The specialities appear to be great hamburgers which I had, my wife chose some chicken. Very well served and delicious, combined with decent wine and later a fresh strawberry dessert. Pricing for this area of France seemed very fair, Highly recommended for an informal and relaxing meal - we are looking forward to a return visit during our stay!

• Visited May 2013

Valbonne, France
“Best Little Secret in Cannes,France...shhhh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Ok, so it's not in the nicest of streets:up from the top end of the rue d'Antibes(Cannes no.2 shopping street...) and not far from a duel carriage way but guess what? Who cares!
We went for lunch a month or so ago and were absolutely delighted with the decor,service and food. Not only that but once inside you could be in Paris,London or Montreal....you forget yourself and lean back and get into the groove. The menu is Burger Ambitious and once you've tried one...Burger Perfect with thick French fries and all the "fresh trimmings":coleslaw,lettuce...
Let me cut to the chase:I have lived on the Riviera for the past 25 years or so and these are THE BEST HAMBURGERS I have eaten and I have eaten them from Monaco to St. Tropez....Thumbs Up from me.
"I'll be back"....

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Great hamburgers and good food for those who want something other than a burger.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I work just around the corner from Couby's and was delighted to see a place that specializes in hamburgers open up so close, I was equally happy to discover they serve other things my fiancée would enjoy. Everything is delicious and they have a good beer on tap, Paulaner. Not the easiest task in France. The fries at yummy and s is the cole slaw. I do not getto this great spot nearly as much as I would like!

Dublin, Ireland
“Nice cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stumbled on to Couby's Cafe on our first evening in Cannes and it offered good food at reasonable prices. I particularly like my escalope poulet but my husband's burger was very rare...we knew we were in France!! Very pleasant staff and central location

Visited October 2012