My friend and I have just returned from eating here. At first we thought it was good value to pay €16.80 for a buffet in such an expensive area as Cannes. The restaurant was almost empty, save for one or two friends of the owner (which we should have recognised as a warning sign not to eat there). We could only manage 2 small plates each before we both felt sick. The quality of food was terrible, anything with shrimp in it (ie most of the selection) had the texture of rubber and the taste to match. None of the mains had been freshly prepared and they had clearly been sitting there for a number of hours before we tasted them. The only option that seemed safe to eat was the rice. For the desserts, the jelly was chewy (which I didn't think was even possible for jelly to be) and the cookies were stale and clearly straight from the packet. The salad bar consisted of a few badly washed leaves of lettuce and a small tray of sweet corn.
As it said before, my friend and I only managed two small plates of this food (picking out what we discerned to be in anyway edible) and felt sick almost immediately after the meal. I personally had to run to the bathroom twice as I felt I was going to be sick. Naturally, we alerted the waiting staff to this, and enquired as to whether their food was freshly cooked or not (as my stomach can be sensitive to badly prepared food). We were told that everything was freshly homemade in the restaurant and the seafood that they used is of the best quality in Cannes. Now, this is Cannes we are talking about, one of the most expensive places in the world to eat, and the owner expects me to believe that they get the best quality seafood fresh from the sea? I don't think so.
When we told her that we did not feel the meal was worth the almost €20 that they have the audacity to charge, she made a scene and brought other customers into the dispute.
I'm from Ireland and was on holiday in Cannes, and I was told that this was the reason I felt sick. "Chinese food doesn't suit European stomachs", she said... Well then why open up a Chinese restaurant in Europe? She also assumed that because I was from Ireland that I obviously wasn't used to Chinese food, or any exotic food types and that was why I felt sick. Again, this is inaccurate and untrue. There are many Chinese restaurants in Ireland and I eat Chinese food often, and have never once felt sick afterwards.
When she was informed of all of this, I was told that none of her other "many" customers had felt sick after eating the same food. There were four other customers in the restaurant. Two of them were locals who only ate the rice and a bit of chicken. They clearly had experienced eating there before.
She then told us that she would call the police if we didn't pay the full price. At that point I was feeling so sick that I just wanted to go back to my hotel and go to bed, so we paid and left.
Do not eat here. I have paid €16.80 for what may or may not be food poisoning. There are many other nice restaurants in Cannes where you can get a decent meal for the same price.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.