“Tricky pictures” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rome, Italy
“Tricky pictures”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

I selected to stay in this hotel based on the pictures they display.
Don't expect them to correspond to the reality.
The rooms are very basic.
The service is good, though.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Fedeati
edenhotelcannes, Responsable commercial at Eden Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We thank you for having taken time to write your comment because it is important for us to know your opinion. The hotel has two buildings. One of them is quite new (inaugurated in 2007) and the other one is a little bit older. You probably stay in the second one and that is the reason why you have been desappointed. But we are please to announce you that this building, will be completely renewed this winter (furniture, decoration, painting...). We hope nevertheless that you spent a pleasant stay among us and that we will to see you again in our establishment.

Best regards,
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Aqaba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

The hotel is in a wonderful location in the heart of Cannes. Staff had always big smile and were always helpful. I had a problem with the buggy of my baby and found one of the satff running to find a solution for the problem.....later i found out that she was the sales manager "Nathalie"....thanks a lot.... Thanks Eden Hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

High standard room on 6th floor. Good bathroom amenities including bathrobes and slippers. High speed broadband is included in room cost.

• Stayed October 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

By no stretch of the imagination is this a four star hotel.The whole atmosphere is dull and dismal - the so called coffee / bar area didn't open until 4pm, the smell of chlorine from indoor pool was overpowering.If you wished to use their rooftop pool it was 17euros and could only accomodate 7 people !Rooms were poor with no blinds and barely any light ,not helped by dark furniture.Gym ....inadaquate.Had we not paid for it in advance,we would have looked for alternative accomadation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Angela D
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

I made a return visit to the Eden recently and although it's still a great central base for a stay in Cannes, I was a little disappointed with our room. I booked an economy room in venere.com for €150 per night, thinking that it would be roughly what I had before, but it was cramped and had only a tiny window at ceiling level letting in light. To be fair to the staff they were very helpful and showed us another room which was slightly better, but not much. I explained that I was disappointed that I was not getting a room of a similar quality to what I had experienced before (I guess some of that is partly my own fault as I had clearly booked an economy room). In the end we agreed with reception to pay €35 extra per night to upgrade to a "privilege" room (discounted from the usual €70 surcharge) and we did enjoy the rest of our stay, the room was clean, comfortable, with a modern decor, although not overly big. Staff were pleasant and helpful with bath towels and maps etc and the barman very obligingly came up to our room to open our wine for us. The wifi in the lbby was convenient and the location was excellent for accessing Rue D'Antibes and La Croisette. I think I may consider shopping around next time I come to Cannes.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank susieg77
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

We are currently staying in this hotel which, although well located, its rooms do not live up to a 4star hotel standard. Most rooms are old, the walls are damaged whereas the most annoying part is that the bathroom is separate from the toilet ..not to mention that the toilet room has a size of an aeroplane WC and lacks its own sink..additionally, the sink of the bathroom is flooding every time we use it..
And the most unexpected surprise was the breakfast...which in our case is served in the -1 floor of the hotel..omelette made of "dust" of eggs..there are only 2 kinds of cheese and no fruits..some yogurt , bread and croissant and that's all..not refilled of course if you take breakfast late..
If you visit Cannes, definitely choose another hotel.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Katrin_GR
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

I booked a "superior" room at this hotel for four days and when I got to my room I had the smallest room I had ever experienced (even smaller than rooms I had stay in Paris). More so, the bed covers stank and I suspected they were quite unsanitary. I called housekeeping to have them removed. But even still I could not stand the room. I could only fit my luggage in the bathroom. When I went the following room to check out they told me that they could not refund me the other three days. I asked Why. In a crowded convention they should have absolutely no problem selling the room! But after arguing they told me there was no way. When I got back home, I contacted my credit card company and told them the circumstance and my claim for at least a reduction of price (I most certainly did not have the "superior" room even as their own hotel room photos state) but they claimed I was shown the room in advance -- which is an outright lie and I will make my case known to all that these people are cheats. There are many great places to stay in Cannes, even at a crowded conference but just simply avoid this rotten place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank AlexB49
edenhotelcannes, Responsable commercial at Eden Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment.

We take note of your comments. But please note that the superior room haven't a size difference, you have just a difference in term of balcony and sea view.

We remain at your disposal.

Eden Hotel Cannes