“Good clean rooms, great buffet breakfast, free Wifi.”
Review of Eden Hotel & Spa

Eden Hotel & Spa
Ranked #27 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Good clean rooms, great buffet breakfast, free Wifi.”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

High standard room on 6th floor. Good bathroom amenities including bathrobes and slippers. High speed broadband is included in room cost.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2011

By no stretch of the imagination is this a four star hotel.The whole atmosphere is dull and dismal - the so called coffee / bar area didn't open until 4pm, the smell of chlorine from indoor pool was overpowering.If you wished to use their rooftop pool it was 17euros and could only accomodate 7 people !Rooms were poor with no blinds and barely any light ,not helped by dark furniture.Gym ....inadaquate.Had we not paid for it in advance,we would have looked for alternative accomadation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Angela D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I made a return visit to the Eden recently and although it's still a great central base for a stay in Cannes, I was a little disappointed with our room. I booked an economy room in venere.com for €150 per night, thinking that it would be roughly what I had before, but it was cramped and had only a tiny window at ceiling level letting in light. To be fair to the staff they were very helpful and showed us another room which was slightly better, but not much. I explained that I was disappointed that I was not getting a room of a similar quality to what I had experienced before (I guess some of that is partly my own fault as I had clearly booked an economy room). In the end we agreed with reception to pay €35 extra per night to upgrade to a "privilege" room (discounted from the usual €70 surcharge) and we did enjoy the rest of our stay, the room was clean, comfortable, with a modern decor, although not overly big. Staff were pleasant and helpful with bath towels and maps etc and the barman very obligingly came up to our room to open our wine for us. The wifi in the lbby was convenient and the location was excellent for accessing Rue D'Antibes and La Croisette. I think I may consider shopping around next time I come to Cannes.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank susieg77
Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We are currently staying in this hotel which, although well located, its rooms do not live up to a 4star hotel standard. Most rooms are old, the walls are damaged whereas the most annoying part is that the bathroom is separate from the toilet ..not to mention that the toilet room has a size of an aeroplane WC and lacks its own sink..additionally, the sink of the bathroom is flooding every time we use it..
And the most unexpected surprise was the breakfast...which in our case is served in the -1 floor of the hotel..omelette made of "dust" of eggs..there are only 2 kinds of cheese and no fruits..some yogurt , bread and croissant and that's all..not refilled of course if you take breakfast late..
If you visit Cannes, definitely choose another hotel.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Katrin_GR
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I booked a "superior" room at this hotel for four days and when I got to my room I had the smallest room I had ever experienced (even smaller than rooms I had stay in Paris). More so, the bed covers stank and I suspected they were quite unsanitary. I called housekeeping to have them removed. But even still I could not stand the room. I could only fit my luggage in the bathroom. When I went the following room to check out they told me that they could not refund me the other three days. I asked Why. In a crowded convention they should have absolutely no problem selling the room! But after arguing they told me there was no way. When I got back home, I contacted my credit card company and told them the circumstance and my claim for at least a reduction of price (I most certainly did not have the "superior" room even as their own hotel room photos state) but they claimed I was shown the room in advance -- which is an outright lie and I will make my case known to all that these people are cheats. There are many great places to stay in Cannes, even at a crowded conference but just simply avoid this rotten place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank AlexB49
edenhotelcannes, Responsable commercial at Eden Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment.

We take note of your comments. But please note that the superior room haven't a size difference, you have just a difference in term of balcony and sea view.

We remain at your disposal.

Eden Hotel Cannes
new york
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We got 2 connecting rooms for the family. Located right on Rue Antebes, and is a 3-5 minute walk to the beach.
Rooms themselves were typical size for a city in France, and comfortable.
Breakfast was good, but the coffee machine broke down one morning.
Front desk was helpful. Provided plenty of beach towels, and had an understanding with one of the beach clubs where you could spend the day.
The price was excellent

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
edenhotelcannes, Responsable commercial at Eden Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment.

We're pleased to know that you have spent a pleasant stay in our hotel.

We hope to see you soon in our establishment and remain at your disposal.

The Eden Hotel
suffolk
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here during our recent visit to the South of France and Monaco (5th - 17th June 2011). We had 4 nights in the Eden Hotel, our second stop on this trip.
We had a Privilege room on the 7th floor. Booked (on-line) as it off a larger area. However, although it was large in size, it was very badly laid out with minimal furniture and storage. So lots of bare floor space. There was also a strange smell in the room which possibly came from the swimming pool on the floor above or the air-con, I couldn't be sure.
The bathroom was poorly laid out, with a sliding door which didn't really shut properly, a shower over a high bath with a shower screen which didn't stop the water going all over the bathroom floor! The sink also had a big crack in it, probably because someone else discovered as we did, that the hairdryer was located in the cupboard above and fell out as soon as you opened the door! The bathroom really needs updating and was a real let down in a 4* hotel.
While we were staying the lift broke down a number of times, with some guest being trapped (luckily not us) for some time. Not helpful when you are on the 7th floor!
As someone else commented, this hotel has no atmosphere. Not helped by the fact it is spread over two buildings with a large expanse of area connecting them which houses a bar that was sparsely used during our stay and smelt of chlorine from the pool behind it.
I also found the reception staff to be very unhelpful and a bit snotty. Maybe they are used to dealing with the upper classes and not the likes of regular travellers.
There was a error on my printout (from their website) regarding my booking conformation. When I questioned it at checkout, they really didn't want to admit there was a problem and were very terse in their response. It left a nasty taste with us as we left.
It is a nicely located hotel, just a short walk to the beach front. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area, so no need to pay the hotel prices for breakfast etc. But I would suggest looking elsewhere to stay and we won’t be returning anytime soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple