“Geest burger!”

New York - New York
Ranked #62 of 850 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

It's a well organised restaurant with high quality food. But not surprising. We lovend the Lacrosse game on the big screen tough :-)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,482)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lovely restaurant with great menu and food. We all had something different and all was very tasty. Best Rum Baba EVER

Staff everywhere - very busy so good vibe and liked the music

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I had just arrived in Nice from Milan, and decided to take the bus to Cannes, which took almost 2 hrs to get to (had we known, we would have taken the train). So, by the time we got there, we were pretty hungry and saw this place in the heart of the "action." So, we decided to eat here. The food was pretty good (maybe a little more pricey than it should have been), and the service from our waitress was good. However, the gentlemen who bring your food and drinks just ask who had what, and sit your items on the table, and quickly walk away. Because of the friendliness of our waitress, I gave them "average" when it comes to service. If she had not been pleasant, I would have agreed with others who said he service was not good.

My husband had a burger, which he really enjoyed, and I had truffles with risotto and some kind of sauce, with king prawns, which was very good. I've been wanting to try truffles for some time, and they were pretty good. This is not a 5-star restaurant, so I may find better truffles elsewhere, but since I had never tried them, I had nothing to compare them to. The king prawns were huge and really tasty. I would likely come back to this restaurant, but it wouldn't be my first choice, as there are tons of other restaurants in the Cannes area that I would try before going back to this one.

1  Thank AlmostaJetsetter
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We ate here on our last full day in France, having driven along the coast from Nice (7th April). It was a very pleasant day and we just wanted something small and refreshing. As it was a Sunday virtually all the restaurants were quite full but we got in here and had a seat outside watching the passing traffic and the Media/TV types passing from the Palais de Festivals across the road.

The menu wasn't cheap but I suppose we were expecting that being in Cannes; my wife had a burger and fries and I had a pizza. Both were very nice and tasty, freshly made, and the fries especially so, though well over-priced for the amount served.

So I was a little surprised to see the latest reviews of bad service and food, it wasn't what we had experienced, maybe we were lucky.

Would I go back, don't know I think maybe we would try somewhere off the front. Okay.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I visited this restaurant with family and friends on April 10th. it was not a pleasant experience.The waiter was extremely rude with a couldn't be bothered attitude, the chicken I ordered for my main course was as tough as old boots - when I complained to the waiter he just said try cutting it another way!! I did not eat it and eventually pointed out to the waiter that it was in edible, the waiter said he would take it to the manager to see if he agreed. The waiter reluctantly informed me I would not have pay for it.
We were asked if we wanted dessert and coffee and replied no thankyou to the waiter. He then sent his superior over to 'persuade' us to have coffee and dessert. When presented with the bill we were asked if we would like to include a service charge we said no (due to the poor service) . Another waitress was then sent over and started clearing the table and asked where the tip was! I will not be visiting this restaurant again due to the very poor service and mediocre food.

1  Thank Webton1