“The best in town”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the train Station starving, so we started walking around. The smell of the food stopped us over there. The food is delicious (fish, escargots, gambas, salad, tarta tatin), the wine perfect and the owner nice and friendly.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had lovely lunch in Le Hit on a half-day visit to Cannes. Place was really inviting full of customers with big plates of food in front of them! The 16 Eur lunch menu (main+dessert) or 11 Eur (main only) was composed of a selection of different specials including couple of meats and one fish dish. I had a well-cooked cod with potatoes/cauliflower/beans/courgettes and aioli sauce. Overall, the dish was good, well presented and generous in portion. On a low point, there was not enough of sauce and to me it tasted a bit dry. Also, vegetables – cauliflower and courgettes were touch overdone and not as crunchy as I would like. My partner had a beef dish which he liked so much that I had only little bite to taste and it was good as well. For dessert, lemon meringue pie was just OK – balance of meringue and citron filling was in favor of sweet meringue while I prefer the lemon filling. The service was fast and attentive with patron being really sweet and and certainly making an effort to spend some time with all customers, generating friendly buzz around w/t being over the top. Leaving the place I had this nice feeling of fullness and content that my hard-earned euros were well spent! A place to recommend.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were strolling around in Cannes looking for a place to eat when this restaurant caught our attention. When we were studying the menu, the owner (at least we think he is) came up to us and explained the daily menu. The place looked cosy and welcoming, so we decided to have our lunch here. As it was very hot that day, the fact that the place is air-conditioned only added to its appeal.

We ordered the following dishes for six people: Two niçoise salads, salmon spaghetti, grilled sardines, scallops, a whole grilled bream and one crème brûlée for dessert. I had one big beer, the rest of us drank tap water. Everything tasted wonderful and was well presented. The waiting time was a bit long but to be expected at 1 p.m. Service was attentive and courteous but could be a bit quicker, but this is really only a minor complaint.

We paid € 105 for everything which I find is excellent value. I would return any day when visiting Cannes!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The quality of the food is very good and the owner is friendly. We were so delighted that we ate there on two consecutive nights. We had seafood and meat. Both were tasty and well presented dishes. Allow enough time for eating though: service can be slow...
You should really not miss this excellent restaurant at the hearth of Cannes.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

As usual, we continue our meal exploration in Cannes, my boyfriend likes to go to side streets where all the gems are instead of being rid off in the really touristic main street!

The owner is a fantastic guy, he served us with a cup of olives, gee, very good quality and it's for free!!

To our surprise, we order the chef recommendation for 13 euros only, same price at lunch time, all the others are doubled at dinner time!

I had the beef tartar and my boyfriend had tuna fish, wow, they were so good, we finish every single bit on the plate!

Then panna cotta for dessert for only 3.50 euros, you really cannot get such quality anywhere in Cannes!!

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone hoping to have good food and not paying for too much!!