“Fun and learning experience”

La Serviette Blanche
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: La Serviette Blanche offers a selection of fun culinary activities like COOKING CLASSES, Cheese & wine tasting, foodie workshops, Private dining Restaurant & Gourmet picnics. The Hands-On Cooking classes with professionally trained chef Eliane, include shopping at the local market and lunch in La Serviette Blanche's private diningroom. A great way to discover the culinary delights of Southern France. Classes are in English. Experience Cote d'Azur living and come join us for a delicious 3-course gourmet meal in our stylish diningroom/supper club located in a private apartment in the heart of Cannes. A nice place for travelers and locals to meet new people and share good food. Supper clubs/pop-up restaurants are about bringing people together in an intimate dining environment, pleasant conversation and laughter over great food. It's casual and unpretentious with a nice Cote d'Azur ambience. All meals are prepared only with fresh seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had decided to spice up our stay in Cannes with a cooking experience. We found Serviette Blanche on the Internet and opted for the hands on cooking class. It turned out to be a fun and learning experience. It was remarkable to see how we where actually able to produce a number of top notch dishes. We have actually tried some of the resepies back home - and with some success.

There are newer reviews for La Serviette Blanche

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My mother and I were in Cannes last month and decided to further our affair with French culture with a true Provencal culinary experience. La Serviette did not dissapoint! We signed up for brunch, a picnic at St. Marguerite and a cooking class. Brunch was fantastic! We enjoyed fresh goat cheese, salmon with onions and capers, a mouth watering pie (not certain of the ingredients)a fig spread, freshly squeezed orange juice and coffee. Mom and I were on cloud 9! Eliane sat down with us and the three of us spent a good 2 1/2 hours discussing her path to culinary success, French culture/cuisine and our travels.

The picnic at St. Marguerite was a bit of a mixed bag. The weather was great, and the food was too! However, the food basket and mat were a bit too heavy for us to carry. Once you arrive at the island, you have to schlep quite a bit to the picnic area. I would recommend the picnic for a group of 3 people or more.
The menu included wine, couscous, Italian hummus, tuna salad, tomato and mozzarella kebobs, fresh fruits, a bottle of Rose and bottled water. I can't remember what dessert was included, but I do remember enjoying it.

The day before the culinary class, Eliane fell ill, and didn't have the energy to instruct the class, but she did cook us dinner. Dinner was pretty tasty! The menu included; fish (I think it was branzino) with whipped potatoes and spinach. We had a really good Rose. And for dessert...panna cotta!

I would encourage anyone vacationing in Cannes to sign up for an experience at La Serviette Blanche.

Before I forget, the establishment is inside Eliane's home; it's not a typical restaurant. Personally, I think the home setting gives the culinary experience a rather cozy and intimate touch.

Thanks Eliane for an unforgettable experience!

Warm wishes,

Laura

Reviewed July 12, 2013

During a recent trip to Cannes we were looking for a unique experience and something that would teach us about the things we love....food and wine! The 'Cheese & Wine' tasting with Elaine exceeded all our expectations. Such a lovely selection of local cheese, accompliments and wine and Elaine who is a natural host with so much knowledge. We were very disappointed that we couldn't extend the trip to take part in her cooking class. This is a must do!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

our evening with Eliane was amazing and the level of knowledge and magnificient food with an ambience that is second to none made our evening so memorable, it is highly recommended to treat yourself and book one of the many fabulous food and culinary activities that LSB has to offer. Wayne & Tracey (Pegomas)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Do you want to try real, fair, amazing, high quality food with home touch? Tis is what you are looking for!
I took individual cooking class with amazing Chef Eliane Muskus and it was one of the best cooking experiences I had and I have travelled and cooked a lot.
Have lunch with friends or pick nick with family, business meeting with partners, anything you want...Chef Eliane will do her best to fulfill your expectations.