We stayed at this hotel for 3 days. The hotel is well situated and the lobby well laid out. the staff were very friendly and all round offered a good service. now for the points which i didn't find too good. The pool is very small and can only fit a handful of people round. for most of the day it is totally in the shade ( is surrounded by a lot of foliage) which adds to its shaded position. The pool is on two levels with no indication. so there is a sudden drop down to a change in depth. not ideal. the hotel has a section on the beach for its guests which have to be booked in advance at a cost of €24 per day. you can walk for a short distance up the road and go on the public beach but you need to take your own umbrella for shade. umbrellas can be bought for €18.
i am not claustrophobic- but the lifts are incredibly small and make you feel penned in. you also need to use your room card to activate the lift to go up (but not down). suggest you use the stairs if you don't like enclosed spaces but the stairs except one floor are the service stairs
The staff at breakfast were attentive and offered a good service but the breakfast is poor. its ok if you are after cold food - rolls, yoghurts, fruit etc. they do offer a "hot" breakfast consisting of eggs, crispy bacon and insipid sausages but all this was COLD. When i tried to point out that the food was cold despite being on a heated tray the staff member looked bemused and started checking the plug. We thought that this might be a one off but alas it was not- every day the breakfast was barely warm.
The rooms were ok and had a well stocked fridge - but have a drink from it if you don't mind the price you will pay!
All in all had expected something better from a 4 star hotel in Cannes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel offering 94 rooms in the centre of town, moments away from La Croisette and Rue Antibes, the main shopping street with its luxury boutiques. With its discreet charm and modern comfort, the hotel features an outdoor swimming pool, sun lounges on a flower filled patio bar, a bar, private beach and secure parking with valet service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Cannes Croisette Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mercure Croisette Beach
- Grand Hotel Accor Croisette Beach