“Great location, but sparsely furnished duplex apartment”

Resideal Premium Cannes
Ranked #67 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed for 8 nights during the Cannes Festival. The suite was clean, but the sleeping area was up a narrow staircase. There was a toilet on the main floor, and the second floor had a full small bathroom. The bedroom on the second floor had no window, only a skylight that was 1 Ft square. Ventilation upstairs was via air conditioning only. There was a trundle bed in the living room.

There were no dressers in the apartment, and two small closets. As a result, I used the dining table as the place where I kept my clothing ( in their packing cubes) all week.

The place was an ok size for me to stay alone, but I can't imagine 2, 3, or 4 people staying in it.

Premium pricing. Sub premium facility.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Do yourself a favor and skip the Resideal, it's a very uncomfortable, cold, dreary place. The staff is not helpful and for some reason or another go out of their way to make your stay more disappointing. Even the managers have no care about their guests. I tried that route, got me no where. First off the rooms are cheaply designed, the TV's are tiny, they have a "kitchen" but there are no paper towels, bowls or cleaning supplies offered. Oh yeah, and if you use your kitchen, they don't clean it so you have to literally have to go find a store and buy supplies to clean your own dishes and dishes. I paid 200 Euro a night, so you would expect a lot more from a place like this than what I got. The bedrooms are white walled and dreary, no design. You feel like you are in an airplane cabin when you stay in the room. The only good thing about the joint is the balcony and location, otherwise it deserves a zero for one of the worst "hotels' i have stayed at. I will never go back to this terrible hotel, don't stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank AndreBR
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Leave your car at home because the traffic is terrible and take the train. An easy walk from the station. They do have underground parking for a fee and make sure you have a small car. The location of the hotel is excellent. You can walk to everything or take the bus. Right behind the Carlton. Check in was easy, staff was sufficient. Although we were only two, we took a larger apartment with separate bedroom. (Don't like sleeping on a pull out couch) It was very comfortable and gave us the space we needed. Kitchen was fine and Internet access was only 10 euro for the week. Balcony was great. The pool was small but worked for everyone and was nice and clean. You have to clean the apartment when you leave or you can pay the 55 - 70 euro to have them clean it. We cleaned it better then we received it and it passed their inspection. Check out was easy but make sure you add some time to it because they have to inspect the room prior to checking out. The young man named Hicham checked us out and was very friendly and helpful with directions. I would stay again but I would take the train next time.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor with view of garden and pool. No noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MakakiloGeorge
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After we booked we were very worried due to some very negative and stupid comments. Unless you are expecting something very special for your money the place is well worth a visit. I think like everyone else, we loved the location. The hotel/apartments are very modern even though they are small. The staff were absolutely fantastic and we really appreciated their help. The pool area and spa area were great and we would definitely return.
Small things we didn't like were the beds and the shower facility. However they would not prevent us going again.

Room Tip: If you prefer privacy, book the 'City Side'
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank johnsim1
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at Resideal for 4 nights in August 2012. I waited 2 weeks before writing this review as I wanted to be balanced & as fair as possible. Unfortunately once I relive my experience the horrible memories come flooding back. So best to get this over with and put the experience behind me. Firstly this is an apartment block posing as a 4**** something else. The studio apt sleeps 2. The sofa is a single bed with a pull out single underneath. this masquerades as a double bed. When something is two things, then its never perfect, its time for compromise. As a sofa it is crap.To use it as a sofa you have to put everything away. This is a real drag on a short break. Also No accommodation services so you must do everything yourself. keep the place clean and tidy. The vacuum and sweeping brush,if you want them, are in a press at the end of a long corridor. This is far from a premium residence. Its apartment living at premium prices..A rip off joint !!!When I handed over my cr card to guarantee 200€ in case of damages, I was told to clean my room on departure and bring all the dirty linen and towels to a basket in reception. I was told in no uncertain terms if it was not clean I would be charged 55€. The manner I was spoken to irked me no end. The room was small, acceptable for the amount of time we were going to be in it. On the 1st night, thursday, a dreadful smell of sewage came from the bathroom, I complained, I wanted it fixed, of course by Friday 5pm nothing was done. I demanded to be moved or else I was leaving. (I was hoping they had no empty rooms) but alas they found one,. On checking out the MADAM advised me that she would be inspecting my room before I got my deposit back, she also produced a large grey cloth for me to wash the floor, I kindly declined her generous offer, she was genuinely disappointed.By God she did inspect. I did glance down to look at her feet, (when she wasn't looking) had she cloven feet or was she wearing jackboots, I am too old to remain good humoured to be treated like this.This place is run like a prison. My rating one star Three stars if it had a professional operator it has potential.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TDublinIreland
Reviewed July 15, 2012

It took me a long time to decided on a property in Cannes for the summer holiday. After reading the reviews on the Resideal i was a bit confused as they are so mixed. So i hope this review can help all of you decide on a good property for a great price.

Area
The hotel is located just behind the Carlton in a gated secure garden from the property. It's 10 mins walk from the train station and located within walking distance to all the places you want to go in Cannes.

Stay
This property has serviced apartments, it's not a hotel but a "residence", however it does have some great hotel like facilities like an outdoor pool, sauna and hot tubs.

The apartments are well designed, have balconies and are very modern and clean. The room has a kitchen with 2 hot plates, microwave, dishwasher, fridge etc etc. Upon check in they like to take a swipe of your card for 200 euro (autorisation) in case you break anything during your stay. You have a choice of loads of different supermarkets in town or of course go shopping on the markets in town so you can cook some great dinners in the apartments. Beds are comfortable but the studio we stayed in had a sofa-roll out bed. it's fine to sleep on but they end up being 2 separate single beds next to each other, so if you like a double bed get a 1 bed apartment instead.

The cleaning is excluded of the rates you see online, expect to pay 55 euro's for a studio to be cleaned on check out, it's a little more for the larger units i believe.

The rooms are very functional and have great AC, Internet costed 10 euro for the week so very reasonable.

The pool and the other leisure facilities where great, well maintained and clean, the times of opening where the only downside as the sauna/hot tubs where open from 2pm to 8pm.

Overall a great property, nice staff, good location, so as long as you know the above you will have a great stay and enjoy Cannes!

Room Tip: take a pool facing room on the high floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ejd_deplanque
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've seen many bizarre things at hotels, but that was the oddest one. My husband and I booked a double room at Resideal. Well, everywhere in the world, a double room means a queen bed (or king) or 2 single beds put together, but not in this place. The "double" bed was actually one single bed and one folding bed put together! can you believe that? and this is allegedly a 4 star hotel! We went to the front desk and they explained to us that all double rooms in the hotel were like that and if we really wanted a real double bed we would have to get a suite (obviously there was a difference in the price). We had to accept that not only because of the awful bed but also because the room smelled like someone had smoked there for days (the hotel says its all non-smoking, but even the front desk attendent agreed that our room had a smell).
It's also important to stress that there are almost no services at this residence - no room service, no beach service, even to get a towel to go to the pool is a hard task. I asked for a plastic shower cap - they didn't have it. I asked for other pillows, because ours were as hard and thick as possible - they didn't have. The only two good things I can say about this place is that it's location in great (just behind Carlton, at La Croisette) and pool/ sauna are very nice.
anyway, not the best place you can spend your money

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business