“Daylight robbery”
Review of 3.14 Hotel

3.14 Hotel
Ranked #76 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The worst hotel experience ever.
No air-conditioning - not the result of a breakdown but routine maintenance. Even in an overcast October it is so hot that you end up sleeping on top of the sheets and wake up like you have crashed in the sahara. You can't even rely on the mini-bar to rehydrate as it was locked so any chance of a bottle of water requires a 30 minute wait.
The bedrooms are tiny and the carpets are stained.
I raised the issue with reception to be told that they couldnt do anything without the manager's approval. 24 hours later the manager (Mrs Rodriguez) hadnt even bothered to respond.
€405 a night for the priviledge (the standard room).
Whether it is your money or someone elses - avoid at all costs. Y

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank JMPT1980

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at the hotel 3.14 with my boyfriend for 5 nights during the first week in September. I had stayed here once before 3 years ago so knew what to expect when it came to the quirky decor which may not be to everyone's taste but I thought was funky and cool. Reading the recent reviews on trip advisor, I was quite anxious before the stay as there had been comments about tatty and tired rooms and unfriendly staff, but I can say that all the staff at the hotel were pleasant and helpful during my stay (perhaps due to the hotel being not as busy as it would be during peak season in July and August). The rooms were fairly standard, nothing too special, but it was what you can expect given the price of the room compared to others in Cannes like the Carlton or the Martinez where the rates can be extortionate.
We did not have breakfast at the hotel as we were not willing to pay 25 euros a day, but I knew from the outset that would be the case. We were happy to try different cafes every morning for a 7 euro coffee, croissant and orange juice.
We didn't spend much time in the hotel apart from sleeping in our room as we were out and about so much and this worked fine for us, however if you were wanting a hotel where you could relax in an ambient bar in the evening/chill by the pool during the day, you would perhaps find the 3.14 quite soulless. The hotel was very quiet during our stay apart from the last night when there was a private party going on, but I am unable to comment on the ambience during high season.
Overall, I think previous reviews of the hotel have been quite harsh. The 3.14 is in a great location and we got what we expected when it came to the room which was clean and tidy, despite being quite small. The price of the rooms were very reasonable by Cannes standards and I would stay here again if I was returning to Cannes in the near future.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I originally booked my stay at hotel 314 in Cannes for two days but ended up staying 5 days longer. I'm shocked since France receives millions of tourists in just the summer they would have a staff that speaks great english but just a few people do in most hotels (communication in 314 was ok). The 314 beach restaurant has great food, great vibe, and you are a 2 minute walk from the beach and next to Hotel Carlton. I took my personal vehicle from Miami to France and they offered great parking in front of the hotel (at a cost). The rooftop club offers the silent party which everyone has wireless headphones, I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I picked the street view which you can see the beach, it's on the side street, not the main but...
Reviewed August 17, 2013

When i booked this hotel, i checked the website as well. It looked amazing. In reality, i checked in for two nights into their fourth floor (Europe if not mistaken) room only to find a cheap decoration.

Their entrance restaurant etc. dont work well. Even for bfast we were a few people.. But i couldnt make it to the pool so i cant comment.

Their location is excellent so is their beach including service at the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The only good thing with this hotel is the location and free wifi, apart from that I don't see any reasons to stay in this hotel. The service is really bad, or it actually doesn't exist at all. So don't expect to get much help from the staff.

I would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel and I will definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Daniella A
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I know this hotel from a long time now this I grew up in Cannes. I used to spend weekends by their private beach and sometimes going to their parties.
Actually living abroad and attending a wedding, I decided to spend 4 days at the 3.14 and I have to admit I was very disappointed.

The service is really bad since it doesn’t exist. During the check-in the receptionist told us we were very lucky because our room is one of the best and asked us how come we manage to book this room in particular. So we were very excited to discover our supposed to be fabulous room. The receptionist told us the number of our room and no one even ask if we needed some help to carry our luggage to the room. We asked if there was a parking for our car and they told us it was 50 Euros for a day! At this price I supposed the cars are sleeping in a suite… So we decided to keep our car in the street and we took the elevator to go to our room. The doors opened at the European floor and we had the impression to land in a cheap brothel. There was nearly no lightening and the walls were in a questionable red velvet lining. Afterwards we enter to our apartment.
The room was small and dirty and very cheap for the price of a night. The only thing ok was the bathroom with the flip flops design with the colors of the hotel.
Since it was very late and after a long drive I was looking for a bottle of water and never found a complimentary one. Being used to 4 or 5* hotels it’s the 1st time I arrived in a hotel where you don’t find at least a bottle of water in your room. Even in 3* hotels you can have great service. Then we wanted to check our emails and realized they did not give us the password for the Wi-Fi. So we asked them to bring us the password to the room which they did but then we couldn’t log with the same password with 2 devices… Afterwards it was time to sleep and I have to mention that the pillows were dirty and stained.

The day after it was the wedding day but since it did not start until the end of the afternoon we had time to go enjoy the beach which is the only asset of the hotel. But do I have to mention that being a client of the hotel and paying 400 Euros per night a room you have to pay full price to lay on a deckchair? But the very positive thing is the beach restaurant. I had kept a very good souvenir of it and I was not disappointed. Everything was very fresh and tasty. But if you want to spend a day by the beach and eat a little something at the restaurant you have to spend at least 150/200 Euros for 2.

After 4 nights it was time to leave and we went to the desk for the check-out which was just a mess. There was only one girl in charge and a lot of people leaving the hotel. The customers in front of us were very angry because there was a problem with their bill so we had to wait like 30 minutes to eventually do our check-out (and their problem was not resolved…) When it was finally our turn, the neglected girl (I have to admit the staff really fits in the setting…) didn’t ask us how our stay was and never said thank you.

To conclude I do not recommend this hotel. Ok the location is good but there are a lot of better hotels in the neighborhood! But if you can afford it don’t hesitate to spend a day at their beach.

3  Thank Charlie_Papa84
Reviewed July 9, 2013

One of the worst 4 star hotels we've ever been to. It is on a level of a 2 or 3 stars. Not even close to 4, the minimum star hotels we stay at.It is way overpriced.
Pictures on internet are extremely photo-shopped. Our room was old and not maintained. Bed mattress was like from the 80's type, with springs. Very uncomfortable. The idea of the rooms is great, but the furniture, bed covers, pillows, wall decorations, are were very old (like from the 70's or 80's). We were so lucky to spend only one night there.
There is no sound proof at all. You can hear everyone around you, even through the windows, the people in the next door building. We had a very poor night!
Hotel walls are dirty, especially around the edges. It looks like it is not maintained since it was built.
Service at the reception was ok'ish. I guess we were lucky that there was no one in front of us. But they are laid back and not in a hurry or eager to help.
No fitness center either.
The only good thing I would say is a location and the roof top. Roof top was very nice. Cute little restaurant and pool. Great view. Buna and chef Dino, were excellent.
Would not recommend to anyone, and will never return to that hotel.

2  Thank RossFL