“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

Myself and my Girlfriend stayed here for four nights last week. We had originally planned a three night stay but that was extended due to flight cancellations because of a French workers strike. We learned of the cancellations the evening before we were supposed to leave. The staff, especially Emma and Giulia could not have been more helpful with regard to contacting the airlines, re-booking flights, printing boarding passes etc. We were even offered a larger room for the extra night at the same rate we had paid for the smaller room!
In relation to the hotel itself - Its in a good location, about 5 mins walk from the action. The rooms are furnished well and are very clean. A free bar every evening sets you up for the night ahead.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Salem,Ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

Fabulous boutique hotel...minutes to the beaches...great staff...can't say enough great things.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Le Cavendish for 5 nights. There was a problem with the door lock on our room the first night and when it could not be readily repaired the next day, we were upgraded to a Rotunda Room next door. All I can say is WOW. I had loved our first room, but if you can get a Rotunda Room, I highly recommend it. The staff (Julia, Ane-Maria, Emma, Rauof, et al) were amazing: knowledgeable, friendly, attentive. Our wish was their command. Location was perfect, a short walk to the beach, train station, cafes and shopping. Breakfast is sumptuous, the Happy Hour every evening was a wonderful way to start off the evening and we made some wonderful new friends over cocktails. I cannot imagine staying at any other hotel in Cannes.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed 7 nights at this hotel in July this year. We found the hotel staff to be very helpful especially the Tunisian barman who went out of his way to offer us advice on where to go and tell us what drinks to try in the free bar. The bedrooms were clean and spacious and the bathroom was roomy. The beds were very comfortable ( not too hard or too soft) and we enjoyed many late starts.
The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the croisette and about 5 minutes from the train station. There is an excellent cafe next door to the hotel that serves pasta,pizzas and superb salad nicoise for a fraction of the price the restaurants near the croisette charge. We felt that seven nights in Cannes was too long for us and we wished we broke up the holiday with a few nights in Nice. We did manage to visit the Palm club and the Palais Club whilst there and saw Jermaine Dupri on one night and Prince on the other!. Whilst both clubs were expensive to enter 15 euros and 20 euros respectively and the drinks were expensive to buy, a bottle of water costed 10 euros. The money was worth it as I have been left with lasting memories of being within 6 feet of Prince( who I have loved for years!) and watching him perform. All in all Cannes was expensive and many of the people there filthy rich. I don't think we will go back there, but we had a great time there and Le Cavendish played a great part in making our vacation special!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
sherman oaks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

We had a wonderful week stay at this super hotel. My husband and I came with our 2 boys (12 and 16) and we all loved it here. My husband is a very fussy traveler and likes only the best. He adored this hotel and its friendly staff who can't do enough for you. The rooms are perfectly decorated with great amenities. The staff can't do enough for you. They only want you to be happy and comfortable. They speak perfect English as well as other languages. The breakfast is delicious and fresh every morning with homemade tarts and cakes, croissants, pain au chocolat, fresh orange juice, coffee, espresso, cafe au lait, (you name it) delicious fresh fruits, and more. They serve breakfast until the last guest has come downstairs and eaten. The open bar in the evening is a wonderful and warm gesture for the clients. We felt like family here and didn't want to leave. The hotel is perfectly located as well, really 5 minutes walking distance to everything!!! The owner is lovely and made a point to introduce herself and make sure we were happy. The front desk and everyone who works there gives service with a smile and to perfection!!! Don't stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Geneve
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

This was my first trip to Cannes, and to be honest I had once a bad experience with a 4 star rated hotel in Paris, which I didn't understand how one could even rate a hotel like that as a 4 star. So when it came to this vacation I did some research before I booked my stay. Le Cavendish was all what I expected and needed from a 4-star hotel. Rooms were very clean, nicely decorated, well air conditioned. The staff were all polite, Courteous and helpful. The breakfast was nicely prepared and organised. And the hotel location is just two steps away from all the major attractions, resturants, and shopping. Internet connection is wireless and free, which is always a bonus and something I expect in hotels in this day and time, yet I still find that the most expensive hotels still try to make money out of this necessity. I would recommend Le Cavendish to anyone; we really enjoyed our stay there, and we thank Le Cavendish staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Le Cavendish for several days during the Cannes Advertising Festival. From the moment we arrived until the moment we departed, we were treated like English royalty, which is very rare in French hotels. Our room was luxurious and demonstrated uncommon value. We were close to the Palais. And the morning breakfast and afternoon cocktails were great treats. The location, while not on the Croisette, provided for a good respite from the noise of the ad festival. We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business