“Don't go here!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafedes

Cafedes
Ranked #626 of 788 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Røros, Sor-Trondelag, Norway
“Don't go here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

There's nothing positive I could point out about this experience. We were 6 people dining: I couldn't eat my salad as it tasted awful (salad nicoise), my friend couldn't eat the prawns in the prawn salad. The red wine wasn't good either. It's cheap prices here, but still not worth it as I left and was still hungry.

• Visited September 2013

Gjovik, Norway
“Shut this restaurant down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We was hungry after a trip on an island and decided this looked like a fine restaurant.
(We really regret not reading recommendations here first!

We were met by a man who spoke one word english and the rest of the sentence in french.
It took long time before we could get to order, and when finally he told us that they didn't serve pizza before eight o'clock in the evening..... We had gotten a meny with a hole page of pizzas, but couldn't order one. Are you kidding me?
He should have given us a meny without pizza choice, or at least told us when we sat down that they didn't serve pizza at this time.

We ended up ordering carbonara and bolognese, I felt the rush and bolognese wasn't exactly what I wanted the most. We got the food quick, so that was good.
My food tasted ok, nothing special (I ordered bolognese). My boyfriend thought that microwave food from Norway taste better than this.

The table next to us ordered hamburgers which looked really good.
And they got the food quite quick!

We had a good experience while leaving. A young girl from the staff (wearing orange jogging shoes) spoke good english and was very nice and thanked us for eating at the restaurant. She deserved a star! She also served the table next to us, and I'm sure that if she had served us in the first place we would have a much better experience! No doubt!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Miserable food!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Last week several times we went there and tried several dishes.
The food was miserable. Never seen before!!!

• Visited July 2013
“Go somewhere else!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant was bad from start to finish... The staff were disinterested and the service was slow. The spaghetti carbonara was tasteless and the pizza my wife ordered arrived 5 minutes after the rest of the food. When serving the pizza the waitress knocked over a full glass of coke all over the table and floor... When we left not a single member of staff thanked us or said goodbye. Do yourself a favour and walk a few minutes further round the harbour and choose another restaurant!

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Best moules, light large salads!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We tried moules et frites at least 7 times, in each city in South of France.
This restaurant, although a small and casual cafe, had AMAZING moules! Amazingly fresh, large, and well cooked.

We got the peche salade, huge, super light, and very filling. Good value for money!
Excellent arrabiata pasta as well -- surprisingly much better than the Italian ones on the croisette facing the main hotels.

• Visited June 2013