InterContinental Carlton Cannes
$311
$499
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Clarion Suites Cannes Croisette(Cannes)(Great Value!)
$128
$304
$228
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion(Cannes)(Great Value!)
$174
$213
$207
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hotel Le Canberra(Cannes)(Great Value!)
$246
$225
Travelocity
2,106 results
All reviewsiconic hotelsea viewroom upgradeprivate beachbeach restaurantpeople watchingfilm festivalfrench rivierabeautiful roomsouth of francepublic areasla croisettehotel guestssea frontambassadorihgconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at Carlton Intercontinental in Cannes and I spent one of the best days in there. A perfect service, good treat from the personnel. I like the room and the bathroom as it is a large one. I did not eat lunch or dinner at the hotel but the breakfast was an amazing one. Variety and very fresh. The staff was very supportive and polite.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear PinarDemirkan,

Thank you for your nice review.

It is our goal to make guest live unique experience at the InterContinental Carlton Cannes hotel.

Your feedback rewards all our honoured team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Best Regards.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I slept 3 nights at the Carlton International in Cannes for the first and DEFINITELY last time of my life end May / early June (weekend). I have never experienced such a disaster in a 5* hotel. Supposedly THE best hotel in Cannes (definitely the most famous one, JOKE?) Impolite saff, tiny rooms, old furniture, useless concierge (we asked him to book at table for us at the Baioli club, concierge told us was only possible to book for dinner there, not for clubbing.. I made one single call to a local friend and a table for 20 was booked in the VIP, JOKE?), never seen such a small bathroom in a hotel, waited 10 minutes for my hot water (JOKE?), cleaning staff did not knock on the door before getting in (JOKE?), etc..., etc....! UNACCEPTABLE experience - far from being even close to luxury! NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: don't book a room there!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Rikerak

Dear Riko84,

Thank you for sharing, this time, your feedback on Tripadvisor

We know that you had many choices when it comes to lodging, and we regret that you did not enjoy your experience at the InterContinental Carlton Cannes hotel.

We are finally pleased to know that you could get your reservation for clubbing, as the Baoli never confirmed any reservation during this period.

Thank you again for your advises and congratulations that you have left on "ihg reviews" regarding the services given from our management, who finally make your stay memorable.

Feel free to contact us directly for your next stays on the french riviera.

Sincerely yours.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at the ritz carlton for the first and last time (well, never say never right?) for a wedding this month. The best part about this hotel is the facade, so you arrive to the hotel in awe but don't kid yourself, its all downhill from there... I admit i was paying a lower fee as it was a big wedding group but that does not mean the level of quality and service should be lower. Even when booking your room you have to fill in a form and fax it or scan and email back, its ancient and that already bothered me a month before arriving! Once i arrived, granted it was in the middle of the night, i was received by a mildly mannered receptionist (but he wasn't anywhere near the worst). I received my room card and proceeded upstairs carrying my bag, the decor inside is not up to a 5*, fire hydrants sticking out in the hallway make it look more like a soviet hotel. My room was a box with a view on the dumpsters behind the hotel. I was woken early in the morning by the shaking of my bed due to (service) doors being slammed upstairs every 2 minutes. I decided to take a shower, 10 minute wait for hot water! This for me was unbelievable... We're on la croisette in france in the best hotel in cannes and i have to wait 10 minutes for my hot water, just unbelievable. When we asked the concierge a recommendation for a beach lunch he told us anywhere but the Carlton Beach! He was telling us not to go to the hotel beach club, so we didn't - great for business! That said stay away from the night concierge, he practically insulted us the night before when we asked where we could find a convenience store (or a Tabac) in the middle of the night (apparently no where in cannes). I think my French colleagues confuse "character" and "being impolite" - The service was absolutely shocking. Even my breakfast room service couldn't get right, he forgot half of the dishes! I don't know if staff there were still on the Cannes Film Festival cloud, which had ended a week before the wedding or if this is simply an ever growing exasperation with French establishments in the south of france but i for sure will not be returning here until i read that there was renovations inside and a complete overhaul of management. There was one positive, house keeping called me to find out when they could make up my room. good to see at least the eastern european employees still have a knack for service - and that is the reason why they get a 2 rating and not 1.

Unacceptable on almost all levels for a 5*, to avoid at all costs.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Koolshen

Dear Koolshen,

Thank your for the time you spent sharing your detailed review.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your recent stay.
It is indeed not reflecting the usual level of service we are used to deliver to our valuable guests, as staff and managers are available 24 hours a day in order to make guest stays the most memorable.
Be sure all your comments have been forwarded to the head of services concerned.

Please feel free to contact us back at your earliest convenience in order to understand how your satisfaction had not been targeted. (carlton-guestrelations@ihg.com)

Sincerely yours

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had to change rooms as the first one looked like somebody had just got out of the bed, soon sorted out and we moved.
The beds are a bit small but the rooms are okay.
Breakfast varied and nice.
The beach bar is lovely. Great service and not super expensive either.
The hotel itself is very classy and steeped in history.
Its a very imposing building, the centre piece of the beachfront so in my opinion...the place to stay.
Stayed at the Martinez last year, not a lot in it either way, would stay at both again.
Enjoyable and recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dave657,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to learn that our staff known how to make your stay memorable, and your nice feedback is the best reward that we can receive.

We do hope to have the honour to welcome you back again on the french riviera very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We wanted to stay there for a romantic weekend, but is was a desaster. Our room was very dated and even though we paid several hundred bucks per night, we were accommodated in a room with courtyard views. The view was very ugly, we could only watch seagulls eating smaller pidgeons.

The room was in the very urgent need of renovations. The air-condition looked dusty, the furniture was moldy and we saw cockroaches coming out of the minibar.

Our bathroom looked not at all hygienic and the cosmetic mirror was without the standard light bulb - due to "safety reasons" (we were told so).

Guest relations was very arrogant and the management did not at all care about our complaints.

We cannot recommend this hotel, especially not for the money they are asking for.

Room Tip: Seaview is a must.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Silkeloveshotels
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Silkeloveshotels,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us with regards to your recent stay at the InterContinental Carlton Cannes.

I regret however to read that you were not happy with some of its aspects and let me begin by expressing my apologies for the disappointment you experienced at the hotel.

With regards to the description of the room that lead to your negative feedback, I am very sorry to hear that you do not feel having received the quality of service at our hotel to the level on which we pride ourselves. Please be assured that your comments have been forwarded to the relevant Managers and that immediate action will be taken.
We are a people orientated business, which relies greatly on many individuals performing at high levels. There are bound to be rare occasions when these levels are unfortunately missed. I mention this not as an excuse but rather in the hope that you will consider that your experience was the exception, not the rule.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Carlton Cannes. Please rest assured, that we will do our utmost to ensure your next stay will be remembered for all the right reasons.
It is the reason why we invite you to contact us directly for any further details you would like to share with us.

With renewed apologies and assuring you of the best of our intentions at all times, I remain,

Yours sincerely,