I stayed 1 night in April and found the hotel acceptable, however, just nothing that particularly blew my socks off. The staff were good, in particular on the Front Desk and the breakfast. We had a room on the higher floors and apparently it was one of the refurbished rooms. It wasn't large, however the beds and bedding fabulous and it was overall very comfortable and the back view of Cannes was just fine.
The shower was a bit silly. It was a bath tube with a shower in it, however, rather than the shower head being at the end of the bath which was covered by the 1/2 glass door, it was in the middle of the shower wall past the end of the where the 1/2 glass door finished....this meant lots of water on the floor. God know what the person that designed it was thinking!
The breakfast was fabulous ! and the complimentary Pommery Champagne made it even better.
Keep in mind that despite the large price you pay to stay at the hotel you still have to pay £26 euro to use the beds on their beach. I paid the £26 to use the sun bed on the beach, however, when I went into the water a piece of human excrement floated towards me..so I made a quick exit from the water and did not return to it.
The one thing I wish I had realised was the size of the hotel pool - it is very small with approx 20 beds...so with over 260 rooms...you do the math !!!! If I knew this I would not have booked this hotel.
Overall I would not look to stay in Cannes or any of their hotels. I found Nice, Cap Ferrat, Monaco..much nicer.
Also if you are looking for a fab little restaurant, try Chez Vincent et Nicholas in the old town. The food was fabulous and was only £160 for the two of us...for 3 course, a glass of wine or two and cognac.
Again, I am glad I stayed here, however, I will not be returning to Cannes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Barriere, icon of elegance and luxury, welcomes you into a world of refinement offering all the comfort of a legendary luxury hotel. The Majestic Barriere has a new look. Fully refurbished this winter, the hotel lobby and all of its rooms, suites and corridors reflect the latest trends bringing together luxury, tradition and modernity. In the near future, the Majestic 2010 will open a new wing, an extension of the existing hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Barriere Cannes Hotel Cannes
- Majestic Barriere Hotel Cannes
- Cannes Majestic Barriere Hotel