Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes
  • Pool
Corona Hotel(Cannes)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,401 results
All reviewsmajestic barriereprivate beachsea viewroom servicefilm festivalstar hotelred carpetmacaroonsperfect locationfrench rivieralarge bathroomconcierge deskhotel guestsfantastic hotelmini bareuros per personcote d'azur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a recent trip to Cannes and found the place ideal.
Had read mixed reviews regarding service but found everything spot on.
Had to change room as we were given a smoking room but this was no trouble.
Breakfast was good, bar on the beach was good, all in all ideal for us.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and for taking the time to share you comments with us.

I am happy to know that your stay has been excellent and that the inconvenience you faced with the room has been resolved without trouble. Here at the Majestic Barrière, we do everything we can to please our guests.

As you said, the Majestic Barrière is the ideal place to spend a nice time in Cannes !

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include the French Riviera

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A fantastic hotel where the staff will go the extra mile to accommodate your wishes. Excellent breakfast Lovely room which was quiet due to excellent soundproofing. Would definitely recommend and will be staying again. Thank you

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linzi s

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and for taking the time to share with us your feeling.

I am glad to know that your stay has been a success and that the staff has been able to answer to all your requests.

Your comments are a wonderful reward for all the team.
This feedback will serve as an encouragement as we strive to provide all of our guests with the quality of service in which we take great pride.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited this lovely hotel for a long weekend with my husband and some friends.
From the moment we walked in it was heaven.
Rooms was perfect in condition, quiet, bed was big enough and room was nicely decorated.
I loved it, and so did my husband. And friends of us.
I have satyed in hotels with better/bigger variety of breakfast, but nothing really was missing. A big surprise was champagne.
Location of the hotel is perfect if you want to stay near the beach and Croisette ( street at the beachfront), within walking distance of the shopping areas. We had lovely time jogging at the promenade early in the morning.
As we had rented car we went Nice and Monaco.
We all have travelled numbers of times in Southern France so this was a long weekeng full of luxury and getaway without children.
I can easily think of coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and for sharing with us this wonderful experience on the Trip Advisor website.

I am glad to know that enjoyed so much your stay with us and rest assured that I am going to tell your comments to the whole team.

Concerning our big buffet breakfast, we offer champagne to all our guests because we think that every reason why guests come at the Majestic Barrière is important and deserve to be celebrated.

I am happy that you had a lovely time jogging at the promenade. If the weather is not well the next time you come, do not hesitate to use the fitness facilities we have where you can also find various group lessons (zumba, spinning, yoga, etc…) and a personal coach to help you to set up a personalized program.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in order to demonstrate the quality of service we take great pride in the near future.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The room was well appointed and clean with a sea view. Annoyingly the free broadband kept dropping its connection. I had taken my gym gear in order to use the fitness centre. It cost 15 euro to use! its the first time ive stayed in a hotel where the fitness centre was and extra cost. The service was ok but prices of the drinks, coffees etc were very expensive. 8 euro for a very small bottle of evian

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and to share with us your experience on the Trip Advisor website. Your comments are very important because it helps us to constantly look for improvements.

I am really happy that you enjoyed your room and the beautiful see view. Rest assured that we transmitted your comments to the chambermaid team.

Concerning the fitness centre, it is under surveillance and all the equipments are regularly maintained. These reasons explain the cost of the fitness centre access.

Nevertheless, I hope you had a really good time at the Majestic Barrière and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include the “French Riviera”.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel is situated at the beginning of the croisette, next to the palais des congres. A bit isolated compared to the other hotels and beaches, but nothing to fret about. Plus they do have their own beach, which of course you have to pay entrance to like all the other ones. Totally understandable, it is Cannes after all.
The hotel in itself is beautiful and grand and so is the lobby. Check in was quick and easy, and they were very welcoming and nice.
Now for the room...I had a deluxe room that was a little bit small but well set up so it wasn't overwhelming. Fittings and furniture are not brand new, classic style, but very well maintained, much better and newer than any other 5 star hotel in Cannes. Beds are big and extra comfortable, I had excellent quality sleek. Cleaning and turndown is spotless and perfect.
Room service can be slow especially at breakfast, and quality of the food can be better. But that was the only let down of the hotel, and it is certainly not the main point in a Cannes hotel.
The gym is really good, well equipped and up to date, but you do have to pay for access between 9am till 7pm or 8 ( can't remember exact time ). Or else before and after it is free.
The spa is a MyBlend by Clarins spa which means very high end and superb treatments. I had an amazing facial and body treatment there. Their opening hours could be extended though, especially in the busy summer months. Plus use of the sauna and hammam are not free for hotel residents.
Their hotel restaurant Fouquet is good, no fine dining cuisine but good. I didn't try la petite Maison though I heard it is very good.
Now the best part is service! Service is amazing, they are really helpful and eager to please. Anything you ask for they well gladly do. They couldn't find a good DVD player that would connect to my rooms tv so they went and bought a new one. And the guy who came 3 times to solve the issue were always nice and smiling, not the tiny bit annoyed. Everyone is always nice, kind and smiling. Special mention also for the concierges who are amazing, they get bombarded by requests int he busy summer but they still take each tiny request very seriously.
By the way, the last night I was there they had to move me from my room to another one, since I decided to extend at the last minute and my current room had been allocated to someone else. The room I was moved to was amazing. Although the same category as the other one it was much better. Bigger, brand new and modern. But those are the rooms in the "new wing", next time I will definitely ask for one.
I spent ten days there and can't wait to back next year....

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay with us. We strive to provide exceptional service; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important as it acts as an indicator of how we are performing.

We are working very hard to ensure that all of our valued guests are completely satisfied. Therefore, I saw that you took advantage of all the facilities we offer to our clients and I am glad to know that you enjoyed all of them from the private beach to our My Blend by Clarins Spa (450 m² of luxury for the most innovative treatments, the ultimate combination of science and nature, plus Calrin’s unique application methods and expert coaching).

You said that you did not try La Petite Maison de Nicole, so it is a reason to come back.
La Petite Maison de Nicole offers dishes full of sunshine and exquisit flavours to remind us that international Cannes is first and foremost a girl from the French Riviera.

Rest assured that I have shared your kind words with our team; I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide all of our guests with the quality of service in which we take great pride.