“Not as expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
greece
“Not as expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here for a week end in July and we were disapointed
The lobby it is nice but the rooms not as expected
First we recived a very small room and the air condition was not working
After an other room wich was better
You have to wait a lot for the check in
The staff it is not so helpful especialy the waitters to the restaurant are very arrogants
The breakfast was average a lot of staff but not so good quality,not well arranged and you have to wait for a table
We have not enjoy our stay and will not return for sure

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much choosing the hotel Majestic Barriere and for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and I am deeply sorry that your experience did not reflect this.

We are working very hard to ensure that all our valued guests are completely satisfied. Therefore, please allow me to express my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered during you stay.
Theses inconveniences are isolated events and are not reflecting the quality of services we want to deliver to our guests.
Nevertheless, rest assured that we talked to the front desk and food & beverage team in order to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include the French Riviera.

General Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Perfect place for bussiness meetings and conferencies, charming views of boulevard de la Croisette and part of The Côte d'Azur. High quality of services and quisine. In the very hart of Cannes, all places are reachable by hand and by foot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Majestic Barriere and we are happy to know that enjoyed so much your stay with us.
The hotel Majestic Barrière is a perfect place for meetings and conferences with its numerous business rooms to work and its numerous services (swimming pool, fitness room, spa…) to relax after work.
As you said, the hotel is located on the Croisette, close to the see and the Palais des Festivals) and all the places are reachable by foot.

kuala lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I have just returned home after a memorable 4 night stay in this hotel.This famous hotel has lived up to its good reputation despite the various adverse reviews I read earlier. Check-in was quick ,the room was comfortable and clean.Breakfast,which was part of the package,was lavish,with champagne served for those who liked it with their breakfast.
Overall, the good location,friendly and helpful staff and excellent facilities helped us enjoy this short break. .

Room Tip: You can always get a good hotel + flight package if you choose the right time to visit Cannes.Most r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ariffin K
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay with us.

We are working very hard to ensure that all of our valued guests are completely satisfied and I am glad to know that you really enjoyed your time here and that you will come back home with pleasant memories, especially from the breakfast!
Rest assured that I have shared your encouraging words with our team;

We look forward to welcoming you back for a romantic week-end the next time your travel plans include the French Riviera.

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the moment I entered the driveway of the amazing Majestic Barriere Hotel in Cannes, I knew I was going to enjoy my stay and be pampered with courtesy, class and elegance…not to mention the outstanding cuisine as well. It all had to do with the understated elegance of the staff who greeted me after 8 hours in the air and 1 hour in the car! They knew how to deal with a weary traveler and what he/she needed at that very moment when one’s patience and mood is at a low. It continued with the poise and peacefulness of the check in!

I have been to the Carlton, the Hotel du Cap, the Hotel de Paris, Le Meurice , Le Negresco and many other fine Leading Hotels of the World establishments, but I have to say that the Majestic is right on top of the list. The rooms are not huge, nice sized but gorgeous and well appointed and if you request one, a lovely balcony with an amazing view of the sea and the well recognizable coastline if yours.

For me, service is even more key than the view, and here the Majestic outperforms its rivals. If you call for something to be brought to your room, by the time you hang up the phone, take a few sips of the wonderful Provence rose you are imbibing on the terrace, your doorbell rings and voila it is delivered in probably less than 10 minutes. This was true over my 6-day stay and not just a fluke one-time occurrence.

Each and every receptionist and concierge, housemaid, bartender couldn’t be nicer, more friendly and always asking if they can do anything for me. Even my car was brought up to me within 2 minutes each time we drove out for a tour. I asked for an alarm clock, and was nicely told that “this is my vacation, and no need to watch the hours” and that if I ever needed to be awakened, it will be with the professional sound of one of the receptionists calling me in the morning with an endearing “Bonjour” It’s time to get up!” And…they were never a minute late! But, if I insisted, they would furnish an alarm clock of course.

The breakfasts were amazing, and had every possible petit dejuner food one could think of in the beautiful breakfast room facing the Croisette.

I have to say that i do not have one negative thing to say about this hotel, and recommend it unqualifiedly to anyone who has the desire to be pampered in luxury, style and elegance.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the Croisette with a little balcony facing the sea. A little more money, but well w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank docskin
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay a tour Hotel. At the Majestic Barrière, we strive to provide exceptional service; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important as it acts as an indicator of how we are performing.

We are working very hard to ensure that all of our valued guests are completely satisfied.
Therefore, I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories and a stomach full of this breakfast you appreciated so much!

Rest assured that I have shared your kind words with our team; I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide all of our guests with the quality of service in which we take great pride.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been visiting cannes since I was a kid. Always knew every corner of it. Along with the Carlton, the Majestic hotel always had the top reputation in Cannes. Decent sized rooms, relatively comfortable, not the bathrooms, leaking shower, not very efficient . The hotel is nothing of what you pay for. Of course the month of August is peak season in Cannes. Still does not justify the €750 paid daily. I have booked a sea view through booking. We were given a room on the 1st floor where the sea is not visible. After complaining we were told that the room is categorised under sea view though it is not true. The receptionist was kind enough to have changed the room to the 5th floor where the sea was barely visible. When checking out, we were charged on a few breakfasts though it was included, had I not pointed it out it would have been charged. Be aware of the bill as it is not very accurate. The conciergerie service is excellent, had few encouters and they were very hospital and professional. Food is mediocre I would say. Very pricy for what it is. The beach is run as a money making mashine obviously in a super snob way. Try milking as much as you can this is the majestic in Cannes. A sole cost €70 which was great, but so was the price. I would not stay in this hotel again. Its stereotype is more than what it is. Cheers

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Zmardam
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on the Trip advisor website concerning your recent stay at the Majestic Barrière ; your feedback is exceedingly important as it helps us to continually improve upon our service. We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and I am deeply sorry that your experience did not reflect this.

It is with really specific consideration that my team and I have reviewed your comments regarding the room, the beach, the check out and, overall the value for money. I take this very seriously. Know that this is not at all a reflection of the high standard which we have set for our hotel; rest assured that I have communicated this with the different managers concerned.
Perhaps, and concerning the room, I could suggest you to ask during an eventual other booking a room in a higher level in order to have a better view on the mediterranean Sea.

Thank you for your compliment regarding the concierge.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and to provide you with the service in which we take great pride the next time you are in Cannes.

With best regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Best concierge service on the riviera!!!
La Petite maison is now much better since management changed.
Rooms are super!!!
A little bit more expensive than other 3 "grands".
A lot of arabic channels on the TV.
The beach of the hotel needs a remake immediately!!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor website regarding your recent stay with us at the Majestic Barrière.

Know that our concierge team will be happy to hear that you made specific mention of their service and also that our manager of our restaurant "La Petite Maison de Nicole" will be touched to hear very positive feedback. They asked me to thank you.

Concerning our private beach, it is a pleasure for me to inform you that it will be completely renovated this winter. Starting next season, you will discover this very nice project.

We look forward to having you with us once again in the not too distant future!

With best regards

Bellatrix Online LTD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been in Cannes from 3rd to 6th August and stayed in Majestic because some friends chose it. I got my room which was totally nothing similar to what they show on the website. It was dirty, small and not refurbished since the 70s. Also as you can see the view was facing some air condition machines. I went to complain to the front desk and the person there told me that they have some particular rooms that are not so good but then she called the front desk manager , a skinny very nervous french lady who was very bothered by the fact that I have the nerve to complain. When i saw that attitude i thanked her and told her i don't need anything. Anyway please see my added pictures to have an idea about the place. There are other options on Croisette so please take my advice and go for them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank buriud
Dear Guest,

In a first time, thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Majestic Barrière despite your disappointment.

I have reviewed your comments regarding the room and know that I take this very seriously. Know that this is not at all a reflection of the high standard which we have set for our hotel;

Our hotel has been completely renovated and the room that you occupied part of a permanent renovation plan that we have not been able to do because of the high season.

To prove our commitment, I would like to offer you a free upgrade during your next stay at Majestic Barrière, at your convenience and subject to availability. We hope you will take full advantage of this, as regaining your trust is essential to us.
In the meantime we remain at your service for future reservations. I will personally supervise your next stay to ensure that each instant spent at our hotel is perfect.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again,

Yours faithfully.