Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes
Corona Hotel(Cannes)
Very Good 4/5
  • Bar/Lounge
2,401 results
All reviewsmajestic barriereprivate beachsea viewroom servicefilm festivalstar hotelred carpetmacaroonsperfect locationfrench rivieralarge bathroomconcierge deskhotel guestsfantastic hotelmini bareuros per personcote d'azur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been in Cannes from 3rd to 6th August and stayed in Majestic because some friends chose it. I got my room which was totally nothing similar to what they show on the website. It was dirty, small and not refurbished since the 70s. Also as you can see the view was facing some air condition machines. I went to complain to the front desk and the person there told me that they have some particular rooms that are not so good but then she called the front desk manager , a skinny very nervous french lady who was very bothered by the fact that I have the nerve to complain. When i saw that attitude i thanked her and told her i don't need anything. Anyway please see my added pictures to have an idea about the place. There are other options on Croisette so please take my advice and go for them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank buriud
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

In a first time, thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Majestic Barrière despite your disappointment.

I have reviewed your comments regarding the room and know that I take this very seriously. Know that this is not at all a reflection of the high standard which we have set for our hotel;

Our hotel has been completely renovated and the room that you occupied part of a permanent renovation plan that we have not been able to do because of the high season.

To prove our commitment, I would like to offer you a free upgrade during your next stay at Majestic Barrière, at your convenience and subject to availability. We hope you will take full advantage of this, as regaining your trust is essential to us.
In the meantime we remain at your service for future reservations. I will personally supervise your next stay to ensure that each instant spent at our hotel is perfect.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again,

Yours faithfully.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Bear with me, this will be a long one. Pay close attention to the restaurant portion at the end.

Showed up at 1:00 PM with a reservation (one of 13 rooms booked in our party) and they did not have several of our rooms available. Granted, check-in is supposed to be 3PM so I don't ever get mad for them not having my room available if it's not check-in time yet. But then 3:00 rolled around. Several of our rooms we're ready yet. 3:30 rolled around, several of our rooms weren't ready yet. Then slowly rooms became available. While dealing with all of the the front desk was rude and short and not accommodating at all. The consensus was basically "There's nothing I can do" (and then walk away).

Okay, finally I get to my room. I'm not bragging but I've stayed in 5-Star hotels all over the world. This, I assure you, is no 5-star hotel. The room is incredibly small, the television is incredibly small, the view is terrible, etc etc.

The bed is made up of two twin beds and if you're by yourself and you move around on it at all they separate so in the morning I woke up in the canyon that was my "king bed". The toilet is in a separate room from the sink so the process is: Use toilet, use two door knobs, wash hands. The television is a 21" LCD that, while lying in bed, is about 8 feet from you. This wasn't such a big deal here because the only English-speaking channels are 25 different news channels so entertainment is out.

The pressure and temperature of the shower is great but I am still at a loss as to why overseas hotels assume that a 24" piece of glass is enough to protect the bathroom from getting flooded while using the shower. I'm 6'5" tall so I can't cower in tiny glass cave provided so I have to aim the shower-head out, which means the bathroom floods. Oh, and the drain didn't work terribly well.

Also, normally a 5-star hotel will at least provide drinking water or at least a kettle free of charge but neither of those exist in this room.

Now on to the restaurant: This is one of the worst restaurant experiences of my life. My company was paying for two dinners and two breakfasts so I can't turn down a free meal so I had to (dis)pleasure of having four meals here.

The "high-speed" internet access they advertise is half-right. It is internet access. And God help you if you lock the screen on your smart phone after using it because every time you wake it up you'll have to log back into your internet access.

French people have a stigma of being rude and unaccommodating. I know this is a stereotype so I will refrain from using the words "you know, French". The waiters at dinner were rude, dissident, and snide. We did not have a choice in the menu as they had some kind of deal with my company where we had to eat one entree and no options. Meaning if you were allergic to shellfish (which they served as our only option) you either didn't eat, or you at it and died. If you could only eat fish, you had to eat the chicken, or you didn't eat. If you're a vegetarian, yeah you don't eat.

They feature a singing duo during dinner which one night was really good, and the other night was really bad so cross your fingers you don't get the 30-something, cane-wielding, ponytail-sporting, singing pimp.

At breakfast the service was fine because it's buffet style so there isn't much interaction. The food, however, is terrible. The omelette was raw in the middle, the eggs are always undercooked no matter how you order them, the sausage is dry, the juices are warm. Basically almost all of it is inedible. The bread, on the other hand, was quite good. Well, you know bread here, it's, well, French. (dammit)

All in all this is one of the most unpleasant experiences at a so-called 5-star hotel I've ever had. The location does not warrant a good review and the fact that you're on prime real estate and you have an ugly blue Lamborghini in the driveway does not allow you to call yourself luxurious.

Find one of the many other beautiful hotels in Cannes or Cap D Antibes. You won't regret it.

One last thing, I didn't pay for my room so I can't comment on the price but what I did see was NOT worth whatever you're thinking of paying.

Room Tip: The best room is probably in a hotel down the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank ILikeFoodAndShower

Dear Guest,

First of all, we are really sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not having fulfilled your expectations. We are working very hard to ensure that all of our valued guests are completely satisfied.

It is with specific attention that I read your review and I would like to add that your company had booked a standard room with view on the city. Off course, our hotel has several categories rooms.

Concerning the menu at the restaurant, it was also the choice of your company but our Chef "Bertrand Schmitt" is always attentive to modify a dish if you ask him.

Once again, let us express to you our most sincere regret for not having met your expectations.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 14, 2013

First, when I approached reception, they told that I have two rooms booked. For sure, I booked only one through Expedia. It took half an hour for them to fix the situation and issue refund for the second room.

Concierge gave me really hard time when I tried to send DHL package through him. I gave him recepient's address and he promised that he will look online for recepient's phone number (it's large and well know institution) online and will send out package. Next morning I found out that package was still there on reception desk because he was unable to find out phone number online. I got that phone number using browser of my iphone in 10-20 seconds and told concierge to add it to DHL's form. That delivery was urgent, so I was really pissed off at that point.

Upon check out, of course, they put room charge in the bill while it was already paid through Expedia. Took 20 minutes to remove it after I pointed out this.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jetsettermoscow
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Majestic Barrière. We strive to provide exceptional service; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important as it acts as an indicator of how we are performing.

I have reviewed your comments regarding problems of reservation and with the concierge and know that I take this very seriously. Know that this is not at all a reflection of the high standard which we have set for the Majestic Barrière; rest assured that I have taken the proper measures to ensure that there are no similar occurrences in the future.

I am hopeful that you have otherwise enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and to provide you with the service in which we take great pride the next time you are in Cannes.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed in Majestic Barriere for 4 nights during last week and loved the place.

It was very busy since it was french vacation season, but we didn't face any problems.

I agree that charging for the pool or beach use is not good news for guests. Since we only stay a few hours hanging out, we didn't feel it would be a good value to pay 38 euros for beach service and 32 euros for pool service.

I have to say that we travel all around the world and this was the first time I saw those fees.

If you are not willing to pay this amount, there are other beach clubs a few steps ahead, charging almost half of the price.

Another point is that in our bill they charged 45 euros for spa use, which I don't know were for. I wrote the hotel this week with no reply so far.

Despite of that, room was very confortable.

Restaurant is very good...they have the best chicken breast and creme brûlée I've ever had.

Barriere is a great choice in Cannes if you are looking for good service and luxury!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind message on the website Trip advisor. It was a great pleasure and honour to welcome you to the Majestic and I'm glad to know you enjoyed your overall stay.

Bertrand Schmitt and his team are very pleased that the food experience, and more particularly "the chicken" and "the crème brulée", was excellent.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include the “French Riviera”.

With my best regards.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

it is not a 5 star may be in the past but now no. the wall are dirty and the locker of the door are brocken . also the door are brocken. the cover of the lights are brochen. the swimming pool is it too small and there is not space for the sunbed . i did a reservation by trivago and prestigia.com i pre payed the room 290 euro for one night for 8 night. i was written breackfast incleded but they ask 39 x2 for it . also for internet it was written in my reservation free but the ask me 15 euro for each day.
also for the beach that it was written free the ask me 50 euro per person. on the beach if you give money they post you on the firs line . if not you go back.
at the reception are they are ugly and nobody say good morning or other . i give the liding hothel of the world club card and i can get with it a lot of thing but they unswer me that it not valid there. you need to carry your lagguage by your self because the 6or 7 guys that are at the entrance if you dont have a ferrari they do not see you.
the give me a room on the back roofs view just near the motors of the fan coil and the noise was insopportable.
dont go there if want to spend go to the ritz carlont. there is luxury.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank paolocaragliano

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on the website trip advisor regarding your stay at our hotel despite your disappointment.

I have reviewed with specific attention your comments and know that I take this very seriously. Know that this is not at all a reflection of the high standard which we have set for our hotel; rest assured that I have communicated this with the team and that we have taken the proper measures to ensure that there are no similar occurrences in the future.

Just I would like to add that all our rates are clearly indicated on the booking website in order to not disappoint our guests.

Concerning the LC card, off course it is well applicable on our hotel but only if you book directly on the Leading Hotel of the World website.