“Great place in Cannes”

Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
sao paulo
“Great place in Cannes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed in Majestic Barriere for 4 nights during last week and loved the place.

It was very busy since it was french vacation season, but we didn't face any problems.

I agree that charging for the pool or beach use is not good news for guests. Since we only stay a few hours hanging out, we didn't feel it would be a good value to pay 38 euros for beach service and 32 euros for pool service.

I have to say that we travel all around the world and this was the first time I saw those fees.

If you are not willing to pay this amount, there are other beach clubs a few steps ahead, charging almost half of the price.

Another point is that in our bill they charged 45 euros for spa use, which I don't know were for. I wrote the hotel this week with no reply so far.

Despite of that, room was very confortable.

Restaurant is very good...they have the best chicken breast and creme brûlée I've ever had.

Barriere is a great choice in Cannes if you are looking for good service and luxury!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind message on the website Trip advisor. It was a great pleasure and honour to welcome you to the Majestic and I'm glad to know you enjoyed your overall stay.

Bertrand Schmitt and his team are very pleased that the food experience, and more particularly "the chicken" and "the crème brulée", was excellent.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include the “French Riviera”.

With my best regards.

Pierre-Louis RENOU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

it is not a 5 star may be in the past but now no. the wall are dirty and the locker of the door are brocken . also the door are brocken. the cover of the lights are brochen. the swimming pool is it too small and there is not space for the sunbed . i did a reservation by trivago and prestigia.com i pre payed the room 290 euro for one night for 8 night. i was written breackfast incleded but they ask 39 x2 for it . also for internet it was written in my reservation free but the ask me 15 euro for each day.
also for the beach that it was written free the ask me 50 euro per person. on the beach if you give money they post you on the firs line . if not you go back.
at the reception are they are ugly and nobody say good morning or other . i give the liding hothel of the world club card and i can get with it a lot of thing but they unswer me that it not valid there. you need to carry your lagguage by your self because the 6or 7 guys that are at the entrance if you dont have a ferrari they do not see you.
the give me a room on the back roofs view just near the motors of the fan coil and the noise was insopportable.
dont go there if want to spend go to the ritz carlont. there is luxury.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank paolocaragliano
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on the website trip advisor regarding your stay at our hotel despite your disappointment.

I have reviewed with specific attention your comments and know that I take this very seriously. Know that this is not at all a reflection of the high standard which we have set for our hotel; rest assured that I have communicated this with the team and that we have taken the proper measures to ensure that there are no similar occurrences in the future.

Just I would like to add that all our rates are clearly indicated on the booking website in order to not disappoint our guests.

Concerning the LC card, off course it is well applicable on our hotel but only if you book directly on the Leading Hotel of the World website.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and to provide you with the service in which we take great pride the next time you are in Cannes.

Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had to plan a 2 day trip to Cannes this summer.

I chose the Majestic for it's location.

What I found was a room with amsome view (really amazing corner Juinior Suite), very friendly hotel staff & welcoming bars and restaurants.

Special mention for the bar (both near by the pool and on the beach side).

Room Tip: very good sea view corner suite ....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SigisB
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Client,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to the Majestic Barriere and we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us!

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
Please be ensure that we had shared your kinds words with the bar and restaurant team.

We look forward to welcome you again very soon at The Hotel Majestic Barriere,

Very sincerely,

England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel itself is in a perfect location, easily accessible to all the shops and many bars/restaurants. The hotel lobby is very impressive once you walk in, but after that it went downhill.
The service at reception was incredibly slow; the man checking us in didn’t know if he was coming or going, very inefficient. After 30 mins we were shown our room, which I have to say was very disappointing. There was barely room to swing a cat, the decor was dated and there was no sign of any complimentary water – for the price of the room I thought this was very unacceptable.
The breakfast itself was very good – there is a wide range of foods, all at good quality. However, the service was awful. There were many waiters but they all appeared to be running around like headless chickens, it was an absolute shambles. I had to flag over one waiter to order coffee and eggs. After 15 mins there was no sign of the eggs, it was only when I reminded the waiter twice did the eggs arrive. Not acceptable service from a 5* hotel.
I like to go to the gym. However, there is a $15 euro charge to use the hotel gym. Unless you go between 6am – 9am. I wasn’t best pleased that I was having to get up very early just to be able to use the gym for free. Of course everyone else has the same idea so between 6-9am the gym is very busy – you have to wait for equipment, the room was very hot, there were no towels, the water had run out, it really was unacceptable for a 5* hotel.
I also like to go to the beach. Again, there’s a charge for this. It was around $30 per person just to sit on the beach. A very overcrowded beach at that. I was practically sitting on another women’s knee because the sun loungers were so close. I felt like a battery hen on holiday, there was just no space at all.
We tried to sit around the pool but the 10 sun loungers available are hogged very early in the morning so there’s no hope of getting a chair round the pool.
The restaurant served nice food, but again incredibly expensive - $100 for a steak! $9 for a herbal tea!
Overall I felt the hotel was incredibly overpriced. I appreciate it is in one of the best locations in Cannes but I’ve stayed in much better 5* hotels. The service really was awful and I don’t feel like they valued us as customers at all. They absolutely fleeced us at any opportunity and for that reason I most certainly will not be going back. NOT good value for money.

4 Thank JG2002514
Nicolas G, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Client,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments and for visiting us.

Unfortunately, I have taken note that did not enjoy the service.
We feel very sorry as this is not the image we want to give from our property.
Be sure our main concern is to provide our guests with the best service and an unforgettable stay. We listed what went wrong with the staff of the restaurant.

We sincerely hope you will give us a second chance and wait for the pleasure to welcome you once again at the Hotel Majestic.

Yours Sincerely,

The Management
Auchterarder, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel and pre paid for a Superior Room with Sea View for four nights
from the 25th July. We were shown first to a small room on the 1st floor with no sea view, when we said we were not accepting it the Russian young girl explained that is all they have but will try and find a better view! We were taken back to reception and were given an identical room on the third floor with a peak of the sea it we leant out of the window! We were told that is what they mean when they describe a sea view room! Our advise DO NOT PAY IN ADVANCE! as they did not care less once they have your money.The first night we were not given bath towels. We had the most expensive Club Sandwich ever €75 two cokes €17! Lunch at Fouquet, 167 euros!The porters were very friendly and garaging our little Twingo cost €44.60. a day. If you want to sit on the pier you have to reserve before you leave home! No this place is a rip off! there are far better places and cheaper. We spent most of the time waiting for the lift thank goodness we were not on the 6th floor we were fit enough to walk up to three! Some birthday!

3 Thank Margaret M
Dear Client,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay
at our hotel.
At Majestic Barrière Hotel, we strive to provide exceptional service ; therefore your feedback is exceekingly important as it acts as an indicator of how we are performing.

We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and I am deeply sorry that your experience did not reflect this. Rest assured that I have shared your concerns with our management team.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in order to demonstrate the quality of service in which we take great pride in the near future.

With my very best regards,

The Management.
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed for three nights for business. The meeting rooms and F&B service was perfectly fine, but not what you expect at this price point.

We had one in house dinner for our group. It was OK, but again if a hotel claims to be 5 star and charges you at this level your expectations will be for a 5 star experience.

Rooms are nice and the location on the croisette is perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank M626
Dear Client,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Hôtel MAJESTIC ; your feedback is exceedingly important as it acts as an indicator of how we are performing.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back an to provide you with the service in which we take great pride the next time you are on French Riviera.

With my very best regards,

The Management,
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I visited the hotel Majestic Barrière for a long weekend and even if we have visited many excellent hotels the Majestic Barrière was something else.
The rooms, the service, the food; everything was outstanding and the staff was extremely friendly, helpful and always there when you needed them.
Expensive? Maybe but it’s Cannes we are talking about and absolutely value for money.
It’s like drinking wine; We rather drink 1 bottle of good wine than3 bottles of bad wine so if you are planning a trip to Cannes consider staying 1 night in the Majestic rather than several nights somewhere else.
You won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicolas G, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear client,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments; we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us!

With warm regards from the team,

Yours sincerely,