“€15 for 24 hours wifi access!”

Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes
Ranked #7 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been travelling around France for over a week now and this is the worse place I've stayed, and the dearest. It was so noisy, the room was average and there was mould in the bathroom. I would not stay here again for half the price! I have had hardly any sleep and now I just want to leave Cannes.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jenny W
Nicolas G, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Client,

First of all, I would like to thank you once again for choosing the Hotel Majestic for your stay in Cannes and for taking few minutes to comment your stay.

Unfortunately, it seems you did not enjoy it and we feel very sorry as this is not the image we want to give from our property. Be sure our main concern is to provide our guests with the best service and an unforgettable stay. I personally listed what went wrong with the services concerned. Measures have been taken to remedy those failures.

I sincerely hope you will give us a second chance and wait for the pleasure of welcoming you once again to the Hotel Majestic Barriere.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room in itself was very nicely appointed although the bathroom design was rather dates, even though still in good order.

What let the experience down somewhat was that for the whole initial day that we were there there were empty bottle, glass, trays on the floor of our corridor. Eventually I reported it to the reception as unacceptable to got it sorted out. Not so much of an apology, mind you: they blamed housekeeping.

When we checked out we forgot an item in the room which I have emailed the hotel about already twice with still no response as to whether they found it or will be able to forward it. This is just poor customer service.

The other let down was the hotel bar. Although it looks nice it is very small and the service is not that great. If you fancy a drink go to one of the other places outside on the Croisette.

Dear Client,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Hotel Majestic for your stay in Cannes and for taking few minutes to comment your experience.

Unfortunately, it seems you did not enjoy it and we feel very sorry as this is not the image we want to give from our property. Be sure our main concern is to provide our guests with the best service and an unforgettable stay. I personally listed what went wrong with the service concerned. Measures have been taken to remedy those failures.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the missing item in your room. We checked with the Housekeeping Service and we did not find anything. Moreover, we checked the lost property and same result.

I sincerely hope you will give us a second chance and wait for the pleasure to welcome you once again at the Hotel Majestic.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was here during MIP conference in April and was lucky enough to be upgraded to an enormous room with a terrace, which was beautiful. The room was clean and well equipped and the bathroom was huge. However it was all a bit 'dated' in terms of style/decor - quite old fashioned, and the main problem I encountered was the noise. I could hear everything from the rooms on either side, below and above me. Footsteps vibrating, TV noise, people talking etc. It made it really hard to get a good night's sleep, and it didn't help with people slamming doors in the corridors late at night. Also the breakfast was hugely overpriced and of very poor quality, I am not sure if this is because it was during conference time, but even so, at nearly 40 euros per person I expect more than a poor buffet, badly stocked and with low quality food and terrible service. The hotel location was superb, and staff were amazing, but don't forget your ear plugs!!

1  Thank BizTravAnd
Nicolas G, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Client,

Following your stay at our hotel, you were kind enough to comment you experience and we would like to thank you. Your comments are extremely important as they provide a motive for continuous improvement.

My staff and I have taken note of your highly positive comments: they are our best reward and they strongly encourage us to uphold the level of excellence you are entitled to expect… Deserving your trust is essential.

Nevertheless, we have well noted your comments. Please accept our sincere apologies for the noise you could ear from your room.
Unfortunately, the hotel is always busy during MIP TV but it does not excuse in any way the lack of comfort.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you once again at The Hotel Majestic Barriere.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed at all of the fine hotels in Cannes many times over the last 25 years - the Carlton, the Martinez and the Majestic. The Majestic is by far the best hotel in Cannes - best location, best service, best rooms and best pool.

I had three requests for someone to come to my room during my last 5-night stay at the Majestic. Once for the maid, once for dry cleaning and once to replace a lightbulb. Each time, the person arrived in less than a minute. This is a true sign of a 5-star hotel, particularly one as large as the Majestic.

The rooms are the nicest in Cannes, albeit some may find them a tad small, but I find them to be averages-sized for Europe. Very comfortable and clean with lots of cable tv channels from around the world.

Great location, across the street from the Palais and the beach and walking distance to central Cannes.

Exceptional service from the doormen, concierge and front desk.

My three dislikes for this hotel are: the lack of a walk-in shower (they have shower-bath combinations, typical for Europe but disappointing by luxury standards), the poor and rude service in the bar (and lack of adequate seating) and the outrageous prices of the room service and restaurant.

I had a superior sea view room on the first floor overlooking a quiet side street with a view of the sea if you stuck your head out the terrace door.

All in all, this is THE hotel in Cannes, far superior to the other options.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Nicolas G, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear client,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you at the Hotel Majestic Barriere and we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us!

We would like to thank you for these wonderful comments and congratulations for our services and the team.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you once again.

Very sincerely,

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Was in Cannes for a conference, so have to bear that in mind, when reviewing this place. I had the basic room, which was small but attractive; interior decor was smart and bed/linen was very comfortable. These things are really important to me wherever I travel. But there were things that let it down. No proper shower over the bath - it felt like only half-hearted attempt was made to create a shower option but it was angled the wrong way and as a result, flooded the bathroom. No coffee/tea making facilities either; something simple which makes a difference. Positives included excellent service - all staff I came across were professional and helpful - and delicious breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2013
Nicolas G, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Client,

Nevertheless, we have taken note of your comments concerning your bathroom and we regret that it did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Looking forward to having the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Hotel Majestic Barriere,

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Excellent location, fab breakfast, very well appointed rooms. Yes, it's pricey, but you get what you pay for. Tip - the Palais des Festival carpark is just opposite and nearly half the price of parking at the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicolas G, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear client,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments; we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us!

With warm regards from the team,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

What a stunning place to visit, a 5star hotel in a wonderful location.
Yes it is expensive, but what do you expect in this location.
We had a lovely visit, and will remember it for a very long time.
The beds were simply devine, so lovely and soft. The breakfasts, well, you could sit there all morning !
For anyone that wants to see Cannes and can afford it, stay here...If you have a front facing room, stay up late and watch the people and cars ! If you love cars you will love this perfect car watching hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear client,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to the Majestic Barrière and we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us!

We would like to thank you for these wonderful comments and congratulations for our services!

We look forward to welcome you again very soon,