“One of the Best Hotels EVER!”

Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes
Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The rooms are crisp, clean, well maintained and efficient. The gym is modern and well kept. Beds are comfy and large with black out window for optimal sleep. The location is perfect in the middle of the Criosette and right across from the Palais. Breakfast is divine. Service exceptional. Amenities fantastic! The bathtub is deep and has a waterfall shower in addition. I spent an afternoon at the private beach which was quaint and quiet. I hope to come back next year 100%!!

Room Tip: Right now they have construction on one side of the building...I would recommend asking not to be on...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 4projectmayhem
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear client,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments; we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us!
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again!

With warm regards from the team,

The management.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,325)

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Staying here right now for the WSOP-E. Location is great, rooms are nice, bathroom is a tad dated. We are in a seaview jr suite with a lovely terrace that overlooks the pool and the sea.

Biggest problem is that our air conditioning is not working properly. Second biggest problem is our phone is not working properly.

We've complained numerous times and are now just giving up. An offer was made at 2am the other night to have us move rooms, but my wife was sleeping and we had completely unpacked. So they offered to have someone come up to the room. No one ever showed.

The next night a bellman came up and adjusted the air. Even he noticed that one of the vents is not working at all.

Still no one to fix the phone.

I really want to like this hotel, but it's getting difficult.

The staff I have dealt with are very nice. It's just frustrating.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Client,

Following your stay at our hotel, you were kind enough to comment you experience and we would like to thank you. Your comments are extremely important as they provide a motive for continuous improvement

My staff and I have taken note of your comments regarding your lack of satisfaction concerning various technical malfunctioning. Please accept our apologies. You can be sure that we are taking measures to ensure this does not reoccur; particularly with the Technical Manager responsible of the service.

Looking forward to having the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Hotel Majestic,

General Management

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were offered an upgrade to a Junior Suite - Room 555 in the new wing. We weren't told the building site next door was a live site - was lovely on Sunday, but on Monday morning the drilling starts at 8am and even with the windows shut, it is very loud!
Unlike the review by 'qtsara615', use the very secure in-room safe or at the reception they have an even more secure safe for larger sums - common sense!
The service was disappointing and some staff are very rude - definitely made me remember how much the French are supposed to hate us Brits. We asked 3 times for crackers to be sent to the room and in the end gave up. We did tho get some very nice fruits and chocs, so that was good.
The hotel pool is lovely, and the breakfast on the terrace is superb.
They have a fabulous beach 33€ for the day and pontoon which costs about 37€ for the day which is up to 7pm, and an amazing brasserie with outside tables looking across the water. There is something for everyone on the menu, but watch out for the very expensive coffees (9€) and desserts (14€ for an icecream, 20€ for watermelon!). Instead walk up the stairs to the ice cream vans on the croisette where amazing ice-cream is under 5€.
Places to eat - La Suchet.
I think every hotel is a balance, even if it is 5 stars.
We would definitely return, mostly for the breakfast, terrace, beach and brasserie!!

Room Tip: New wing is next to building site - do not stay in room 555. Check on progress.

Dear client,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you at the Majestic Barrière. We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us! We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Unfortunately, there were some malfunctioning during your stay and we would like to apologize. Be sure our main concern is to provide our guests with the best service and an unforgettable stay.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again,

The Management

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I'm very disappointed in the service of this hotel. Being how high caliber as they claim to be, the service is greatly below average. We booked a spa appointment at the hotel and tried to change the time, they said it was not possible and then we tried to add one more person and then they gave me a firm no. We tried to eat a quick lunch in order to make our appointment and ate it at the hotel. We told them to be a bit quicker to make our spa appointment and they said not to hurry and that we could eat slower and that they would push our appointment back half an hour, so we just ate and assumed our appointment was pushed back half an hour. By the time we got to the spa that was not the case and they told us instead that our spa appointment was shortened from an hour to half an hour with no explanation or flexibly to extend our spa time. They then blamed it on our party for not adhering to the time and that they told us that would happen. If we'd known, we would have eaten quicker. As a service, how could you blame it on the customer? Not only did they not apologize, they did nothing to make up for it. Very disappointed, will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Further to your comments, we would like to apologise for disappointing you. This is really hard for us as we strive every day to offer our guests the best service and a very pleasant stay.

We immediately checked what happened with the Spa and it seems it is really a misunderstanding. Both Sylvie, the U Spa Manager and Jeremy, the Fouquet's Manager, remembered this. Sylvie tried her best to propose alternative solutions when Jeremy told her you will be late. Jeremy explained everything to the interpreter and we are very sorry if he misunderstood what Jeremy explained.

We sincerely hope you will give us a second chance and will make sure your stay is perfect then.

Yours Sincerely.

The management

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This place looks nice on the outside, but the rooms are very 80's looking and not updated. Had a horrible experience here where $700 was stolen from my hotel room. Contacted management multiple times who claimed they were "investigating" the situation- they are all liars and never did anything to resolve the situation. The service here is terrible, the food grossly overpriced, and this place is not worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank qtsara615
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Further to your stay in Cannes, I have taken carefully notice of our comments and cannot tolerate neither accusations against my staff nor treating them of liars. We are not liars and my Security staff did perfertly their job.

When you mentioned some money was missing from your room, we immediately started our investigations, interviewing all the people who get into your room and viewing videos. You met Mr Casteldaccia, the head of security, who reported that the staff were all reliable persons who could not be involved in such a problem.

Be sure we are very sensitive to all matters that might affect our reputation and won't bear to hire someone dubious.

Moreover, may I remind you that safes are at our clients' disposal in their room to secure money and values. We strongly encourage you to use this facility in order to avoid any problem in the future.

Fortunately, most of the clients staying at the Majestic during this wedding event came back home very satisfied. We feel very sorry that you are not sharing their feeling and hope we will be able to welcome you again to give you another image of our property.

Sincerely Yours.

Emmanuel CAUX

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a fabulous looking hotel, with very clean rooms and common areas. Staff and in general polite but very disorganised. I feel the hotel is living on its reputation and location rather than their service.

The service for a leading hotel of the world is far from acceptable. Reception are totally disorganised and always seem under pressure even through there are more staff to people at any time at the desk. This can also be said of Concierge, I called on a number of occasion’s for information that I am still waiting on. I did manage to get an email address for reception and when I asked reception had they received the email they said yes but they didn’t deal with these queries, I would need to speak to concierge, who stand beside them. No passing my query on to them but simply left me to deal with it.

The hot breakfast was always cold as they simply take out of kitchen and lay out in an area that is not heated. One morning I asked for boiled eggs but this couldn’t be done as the waiter informed me as the chef never turned up!

They have a machine in reception and the bar that pumps a sent into the air which is very over powering, I did ask if they could stop it and it was a simple no as they didn’t see it as an issue. They may if they had asthma.

Included in our room rate were beds on the beach, every morning we went to the beach and every morning they had not got us on the list. Spent 10 minutes every morning explaining to the same person. They blamed reception and reception blamed beach club. Real five star treatment.

The double bed is two beds pushed together that keep coming apart so you end up in a dip the whole time. This was in the suite.

I am so glad I booked through travel republic and got a deal as I would be mad as hell if I had paid full price for this service. I would recommend staying in the Martinez rather than the Majestic.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you spent to share your impressions further to your stay in our property and also, for choosing the Majestic in Cannes.

However, I feel very sorry to learn that we were far from your expectations and would like to apologise for the lack of service you faced. Be sure this is not the image we want to give to our clients and we strive every day to provide our guests with the best service and an unforgettable stay.

I immediately saw how to correct such inapropriate attitudes with the heads of services in order that such problems don't occur any more.

I really hope you will come back again to enjoy a real Majestic experience !

Yours sincerely.

The management

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We love this hotel. It is one of the top one in Cannes and well located. Tremedous views of the sea. Excellent service and the stared restaurant is the best in town; albiet expenmsive. Breakfast is a treat.

Room Tip: Request a pardial sea view on an upper floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear client,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to the Majestic Barrière and we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us!

We would like to thank you for these wonderful comments and congratulations for our services and the team.

We look forward to welcome you again very soon; it will be a real pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you.

The Management.