Hotel America
  • Pool
Corona Hotel(Cannes)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
All reviewsrue d'antibesclean basic rooma quick minute walktrain stationfamous shopping streetparking facilitybigger hotelsnice airportexcellent locationan americanexpensive hotelthe congresspalais des festivalsbreakfast is servedpeople watchlovely little hotelboutique hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2012

for around 130 euros per day for room you get good spotless room( 2people) and more than adequate continental breakfast
Hotel is in a good positinion one row back from front.
5 minutes to train station and 2 minutes to cannes airport bus

Room Tip: express bus from Cannes airport a bit pricey but worth it!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank noossas
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the hotel last week and cannot fault it at all. The staff were very helpful and plesant, and always keen to assist with directions etc. The hotel is very central to everything.

The room was a good size, the bed comfy and very clean, what more do you want when you sepnd most of your time out!!

Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was our second trip to France and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel's location is within easy walking distance to many stores, restaurants and beach. The accomodations were very clean and comfortable and I would highly recommend this hotel.We will come back

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed here in October 2011 as a single traveler and overall, it was a good hotel. On the positive side, there are three strengths this hotel has going for it that make it great:

1. Location: Right in the middle of town and close to everything.
2. Staff: Outstanding staff who were very helpful and spoke great English
3. Extremely convenient location for catching the 210 bus to the Nice airport (16.50 Euros - can't do better!)

On the other side, there wasn't anything horribly bad about the hotel, or at least not one item that made it bad, but there were a lot of little things caused me not to like it as much as the other hotels I had stayed in during this trip to France. For instance:

- Wifi: There was a charge to use the wifi of 8 euros a day, unlike the other hotels where this was gratis (though the hotel had a computer that was free to use)
- Breakfast: 15 Euros for what was essentially a 7-8 Euro breakfast elsewhere in France (even Paris)
- Room: Crowded by two singles put together as a double, but with no drawers or shelves to put clothes away.
- Street Noise: The side of the hotel where my room was located faced the rear of another hotel, whose staff would go out to smoke and chat on their breaks. This went on all day and all night.
- Heat/AC: there were individual controls for heat and AC. It was a bit warm in October, and I turned on the AC, but all I got was heat. Leaving the window open was not an option, due to the staff from the hotel across the street kibitzing all night (see above)

These are all nit-picky items, I realize, but compared to other hotels that I stayed in on this trip in France (that were all 2 star), I expected a bit more from a 3 star place. Still, it was a good, clean hotel, with a location that is very desirable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank jgm_09
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We just stayed at the Hotel America for 2 nights -

The staff couldn't have been nicer, particularly the lady who worked mornings/afternoons, she spoke flawless english and helped us find local shops & gave us any info/maps we needed.

The room itself was clean and the housekeeping service was excellent.

The beds are really comfortable (although it's two single beds pushed together, rather than a double which is what we thought we were getting).

The wifi is $8 per day, which is always frustrating, it should be included thesedays - however, my iPad could see the ground floor guest wireless, so I was able to use that - although the connection was naturally a little slow from the 4th floor :).

The location is superb. You're 100m from la Croisette one way and 100m from the main shopping streets the other - no transport required at all.

However, there was one big problem with the hotel for us. The room was BY FAR the smallest room we've ever stayed in. It was so small we essentially had nowhere to unpack except the desk, as we were away for over a week and had a couple large suitcases. Upon arriving into the room I almost immediately called reception and asked about the cost of an upgrade, because the room was so disconcertingly cramped (the dark red decor doesn't help this). It's only an extra $35 per night to upgrade to a junior suite, which is probably the size of an ordinary standard hotel room, but we decided to save the money. If I went back, I would only stay here again if it were in one of the larger rooms.

I don't think the hotel's rating should be quite as high as it is on TA, and am really surprised that so few people mention the size of the rooms - however, it's a good option for the money based on the service & location.

Room Tip: Don't book a standard room, they're too small.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple