Hotel America
  • Pool
Corona Hotel(Cannes)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
All reviewsrue d'antibesclean basic rooma quick minute walktrain stationfamous shopping streetparking facilitybigger hotelsnice airportexcellent locationan americanexpensive hotelthe congresspalais des festivalsbreakfast is servedpeople watchlovely little hotelboutique hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed here in October 2011 as a single traveler and overall, it was a good hotel. On the positive side, there are three strengths this hotel has going for it that make it great:

1. Location: Right in the middle of town and close to everything.
2. Staff: Outstanding staff who were very helpful and spoke great English
3. Extremely convenient location for catching the 210 bus to the Nice airport (16.50 Euros - can't do better!)

On the other side, there wasn't anything horribly bad about the hotel, or at least not one item that made it bad, but there were a lot of little things caused me not to like it as much as the other hotels I had stayed in during this trip to France. For instance:

- Wifi: There was a charge to use the wifi of 8 euros a day, unlike the other hotels where this was gratis (though the hotel had a computer that was free to use)
- Breakfast: 15 Euros for what was essentially a 7-8 Euro breakfast elsewhere in France (even Paris)
- Room: Crowded by two singles put together as a double, but with no drawers or shelves to put clothes away.
- Street Noise: The side of the hotel where my room was located faced the rear of another hotel, whose staff would go out to smoke and chat on their breaks. This went on all day and all night.
- Heat/AC: there were individual controls for heat and AC. It was a bit warm in October, and I turned on the AC, but all I got was heat. Leaving the window open was not an option, due to the staff from the hotel across the street kibitzing all night (see above)

These are all nit-picky items, I realize, but compared to other hotels that I stayed in on this trip in France (that were all 2 star), I expected a bit more from a 3 star place. Still, it was a good, clean hotel, with a location that is very desirable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank jgm_09
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We just stayed at the Hotel America for 2 nights -

The staff couldn't have been nicer, particularly the lady who worked mornings/afternoons, she spoke flawless english and helped us find local shops & gave us any info/maps we needed.

The room itself was clean and the housekeeping service was excellent.

The beds are really comfortable (although it's two single beds pushed together, rather than a double which is what we thought we were getting).

The wifi is $8 per day, which is always frustrating, it should be included thesedays - however, my iPad could see the ground floor guest wireless, so I was able to use that - although the connection was naturally a little slow from the 4th floor :).

The location is superb. You're 100m from la Croisette one way and 100m from the main shopping streets the other - no transport required at all.

However, there was one big problem with the hotel for us. The room was BY FAR the smallest room we've ever stayed in. It was so small we essentially had nowhere to unpack except the desk, as we were away for over a week and had a couple large suitcases. Upon arriving into the room I almost immediately called reception and asked about the cost of an upgrade, because the room was so disconcertingly cramped (the dark red decor doesn't help this). It's only an extra $35 per night to upgrade to a junior suite, which is probably the size of an ordinary standard hotel room, but we decided to save the money. If I went back, I would only stay here again if it were in one of the larger rooms.

I don't think the hotel's rating should be quite as high as it is on TA, and am really surprised that so few people mention the size of the rooms - however, it's a good option for the money based on the service & location.

Room Tip: Don't book a standard room, they're too small.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We just returned from our stay at this beautiful gem of a hotel located steps from the Red Carpet of the famous Cannes film festival.The A/C is whisper quiet the rooms are spotless clean. The staff is gracious friendly and are multi lingual .French,English,and several other languages are spoken .Its a real plus to have a elevator as most French hotels do not have one. Breakfast is a delight plus an all you can eat buffet .No need for Star bucks here for in the lobby there is an expresso machine for the li'pick me up .
The staff and management are genuine and understand the "standard American service" we have become accustomed to while traveling.

Truly a jewel to discover and would recommend to all who visit the wonderful city

Room Tip: The streets are in a quiet neighborhood so either east or west rooms are equallyquiet
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a very good hotel in a great location. Rooms were small, so an upgrade would be good if possible. Bathrooms were clean and spacious. Location was very convenient - easy to walk to restaurants, shopping and marina. Breakfast is ok - replenished continually. The staff are very friendly and happy to assist with any questions/problems. I thoroughly recommend this hotel - staff and location are the best assets. Thank you Hotel America!

Room Tip: Upgrade to larger room if possible
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Second stay in this adorable hotel so well maintained so welcoming so peferctly clean with the most comfortable beds ever. I can can not recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: August 2011