Lowest prices for your stay
$115
Free cancellation until 12/15/22
Priceline$80
Hotels.com$85
Hotel Website$134
All reviews great location older hotel fifth floor beach towels beautiful room air conditioning reception staff an upgrade balcony croisette kitchenette le
Selected filters
Reviewed December 7, 2016

This is a fantastic hotel right opposite the pretty port which in itself is adjacent to the international conference centre and casino (if you're that way inclined!).

The hotel itself can trace its beginnings back to the 1700's and at various points in the past housed both Napoleonic and German troops. It is a typical French hotel full of charm - all the way from the wide sweeping staircase to the wrought iron radiators in the rooms (don't worry - air conditioning is there too!).

I was very lucky to have a room over looking the port with a small balcony on which to have a morning coffee. The restaurant which serves a buffet style breakfast also has a large outside area over looking the port.

Staff are very friendly and welcoming and in addition to having excellent English were always willing to give suggestions of places to eat etc.

Speaking of which - there are fabulous small, local restaurants all around the hotel. Within 10 minutes walk you will find yourself in small, cobbled streets lined with great places to try the local foods (I had some great pate and wine whilst there).

Room tip: Ensure you get a room with a view over the port.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2016

In 2015 I spent two weeks in the hotel with a girl friend. The room was very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful the hotel is in a great situation easy to walk every where.
The food was excellent. The pool was on the roof with great views over the city.
Car park was also available.
This was June 2015

Room tip: De lux room
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2016

We arrived early and very helpful manager offered to text as soon as the room was ready so we went to cafe nearby till summoned. Large room with balcony and sea view worth paying extra for. Comfortable beds, air con, spacious bathroom with tub and masses of toiletries. A kitchen in the wardrobe, with sink, hot plate, fridge and basic utensils! Lovely just spending time hanging over the balcony watching the world and yachts go by. A Belle Époque hotel with all modern facilities in the heart of the harbour area. This is what Cannes is about.

Room tip: Room 206 is perfect
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GPCannes, Responsable commercial at Hotel Splendid Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We hope to welcome you soon in our House.
Best regards,

Gérald

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Staying at splendid for just a night was unfortunately such a bad experience for me. The safe wasn't working at check in. So we ended up leaving our money and valuables locked in our trolley bag. No one imagined but our room was broke opened in three hours of returning, resulting in my suit case lock been broken and my money and laptop been stolen. The hotel did not offer any compensation in turn as hospitality. They just came to the police station to a file the complaint. Insurance was assured, that also hasn't been carried forward. A poor feed back and I would never go back here.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank SaanyaN1
Reviewed August 16, 2016

First thing to keep in mind is that this is a very old hotel in a very old town. It's in a great location and thus space is clearly at a premium. Coming from NYC, it reminds me of a lot of the hotels here. And a lot of the hotels I've stayed in, in other older French towns. The rooms are indeed tiny. But you are in the heart of the action on the best restaurant and shopping street in Cannes. So no real reason to be in your room anyway. The staff were super friendly. The rooms were clean. And the price was very reasonable. I'd definitely recommend this place for the price. Maybe not where I'd stay if I were spending a good part of my vacation in Cannes but for a night or two it's perfect.

Date of stay: August 2016