I have to say there is a difference between travelling on business expensed by your company and travelling on your own. As a business traveller I am very satisfied, but when it comes to this kind of luxury you cannot get by just by being satisfactory, you have to be impeccable and this hotel is not.
The reasons why I think they can do best:
- every day cleaning ladies go in and out your room, careless of what you shout from your shower or your bed (they do knock but they tend to ignore you are in). Of course you can still hang the "do not disturb" sign but I wasn't really expecting to have to do it at 7pm. They caught me naked twice, kinda embarassing.
- same as above happened every single day around 7.30 when they came to ask if I wanted night service. Never even understood what that was, anyway, intrusive. Leave me alone!!!
- I had two keys and I left one in the room to keep my laptop, or ipad wunder charge. Constantly, the cleaning ladies would remove the card from the room, leave my devices without electricity. I complained at the reception twice but nothing happened, finally I wrote a note on the key card itself which said "leave it here", which they did, but removing it slightly from the plug so that electricity in the room was cut!!! How annoying is that???
The rest is brilliant really, wonderful atmosphere, great decor, furniture, even food, although outrageously expensive, is very nice. Breakafast on the roof terrace is a highlight.
Location is ideal, it is literally 5 minutes from the Palais and the highstreet of Cannes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the French Riviera, just two steps from the Palais des Festivals and the Croisette in Cannes, let you guide by a -Voyage Immobile- through the Five Seas Hotel, an elegant boutique hotel.A unique place with 45 rooms, half of which are suites. On the fifth floor, on the rooftop terrace, the Sea Sens restaurant and its new Sea Sens "Brasserie" are signed by Arnaud Tabarec. It offers classical but revisited menus for lunch & diner as well as gourmet dishes to dine in an exceptional setting with a beautiful view of the Suquet, the old city of Cannes. It also proposes some meeting facilities from 40 to 100 sq m composed of three contemporary and functional meeting rooms, to organize private or business events. Well-being is also honoured with the Spa by Cinq Mondes and Carita and its two saunas, a hammam, four cabins and a fitness centre. A yacht, a private beach and many others services are also available to live exceptional and unforgettable moments in the comfort of a luxury boutique hotel, on the French Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Five Seas Hotel Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 5 Hotel & Spa
- Five Hotel And Spa
- Five Hotel Cannes