“A great find in Cannes!”
Review of Hotel Le Canberra

Hotel Le Canberra
Ranked #9 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Ghent, Belgium
“A great find in Cannes!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at Le Canberra for two nights in the first week of June. It's a beautiful hotel, in the main shopping street. You can walk to the beach in less that two minutes. There are plenty of bars and restaurants around the corner. The location is top.

Loved the interior of the room. Ours faced the garden, it was a haven of peace and quiet.
Great design in the bathroom as well. Loved the heated mirror, no fog from the shower steam!

Very good bed as well. It's a great shame that we were woken up by a fire alarm at 3am. Everyone had to evacuate, which ruined that night for us. We did get a good nights sleep the next day.

Too bad the hotels restaurant doesn't provide a proper dinner service anymore (only snacks and some tapas). We had heard some good things about their menu.

What really makes this hotel stand out, is its fabulous service. The people at the reception desk will bend over backwards to help you out with anything you might need: restaurant reservation (great recommendations!), info about rental cars, etc.

I really recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on a family holiday with our 9 and 11 year old daughters. girls slept very comfortably on the fold out sofa. My husband and I had an absolutely luxurious bed set into the corner balcony of the hotel. Bathrooms were spectacular... you could play in there forever... even had the radio piped in and a pink lit bathtub. The children enjoyed some English speaking tv for a break. Great location near restaurants, shops and the beach. Very helpful staff (we had booked that day and received a room at a significant discount but regardless the staff treated us like vip guests). Secure parking located close by. excellent free wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SF
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The hotel is right on Rue D'Antibes which is a great location. It is close to Le Suquet which was my favorite part of Cannes. Very central.
If you are driving just park at the lot called Lamy and don't bother asking if the hotel has parking. It is almost impossible to park even for 5 minutes to drop off your luggage without somebody honking their horn. They do have a 5 minute park area but it was filled with cars each time we passed by.
The hotel is very chic and nice. My dissappointment is that I reserved a pool view room months ahead but we got a room facing the street. What is the point of reserving I don't know. I was very upset about this. Supposedly he was going to send us drinks for the inconvenience...which we never got either.
The room was very spacious and comfortable but very noisy. I felt like I was sleeping in the middle of Monaco Grand Prix. It is a tiny road but youngsters were showing off their Ferraris all night. Just as I finally fell a sleep drunken serenade started about 5am. So if you want to sleep get a pool view room!
I think I would stay at this hotel because of its location and cleanliness but I would avoid Cannes Film Festival period to guarantee my pool view room.

Room Tip: pool view!! pool view!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank musti_SF
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2012

After a sticky start - the private car transfer from Nice airport had been quoted at the wrong price! - the staff could not have been more helpful, including a bouquet of fresh flowers delivered to our room. The staff were very unobtrusive and the rooms were immaculately cleaned with new soap and provisions left every day. Breakfast was very basic, a case of help yourself, best to eat out at the numerous cafes nearby. The location is amazing, with a 5 minute walk to the beach and located on the Rue d'Antibe alongside all the shops.

The only complaint were the sunbeds on our balcony were too uncomfortable to stay on for long. The pool and garden is comfortable but small. We will definitely return to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ydrewnicki
London, England
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel does exactly what it says on the label! Great location, nice rooms - well decorated with plenty of space and a really comfortable bed & up-to-date and clean bathrooms. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a little chaotic as it was busy but other than that we couldn't fault this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank letsgo001
Salisbury
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Le Canberra must be aiming for five stars particularly with its customer service which is impeccable. I was upgraded to a suite, having booked a prestige room, and it was both large and extremely comfortable. The pool area is quite small for the size of the hotel but that is to be expected for the location which is right in the middle of town, and the restaurant wasn't open in March, but I would still return again and again.
A totally enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: If you are out of season, it is worth asking for an upgrade to your room. They may not charge for it...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Buckinghamshire, UK
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I know that a lot of hotel reviews depend on the room you end up with when you are there but for me, perhaps I was lucky enough to get a lovely room, but the room really made my stay. We had already moved hotels twice in our four night trip away...feel free to read the reviews of the other hotels to understand the journey we had...but this was our final hotel we stayed in because it was fantastic and we didn't feel the need to move any further.

From the moment we arrived, on the day without a booking, they made us feel welcome. They showed us the room before we booked it and it was stunning. Great design, toilet far away from the bedroom on it's own down a corridor in the bedroom and a separate bathroom with just bath and sink which was beautifully designed. Very clever lighting and lovely toiletries made it exceptional. The bedroom was beautiful; large french doors with an electronic shutter which made the room pitch black, lovely seating area and very cool TV which could be backlit in different colours. If I had to describe the vibe of the hotel in one word, it would be sexy. Very sophisticated without being brash.

The location was fantastic, close to the beach although without a sea view which is one of the only downsides, but right on a great shopping street. We faced the swimming pool rather than the street which I suspect makes a big difference in the noise. The balcony doors were double glazed and after two nights of constant noise in hotels, it was sheer bliss. So quiet and peaceful; I really didn't want to leave.

The swimming pool was gorgeously clean and had fabulous loungers and seating areas around it. I suppose in high season it's probably a bit cramped out there but I can't say because I was there in low season.

Staff gave great recommendations for places to eat and were just so exceptionally helpful and friendly. Really impressed. Also, this is one of the cleanest hotels I've ever visited. The cleaning staff were incredible; the room was immaculate and we even had a turn down service in the evening as well which was lovely.

It's not often that I can say so many positive things about a hotel but this one truly deserves it in my opinion. If you go there, I really hope you have the same experience as I did.

Room Tip: I think it might be best to ask for the swimming pool side perhaps but I can't say for definite...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple