Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion
$153
$125
Agoda.com
1,387 results
All reviewsprivate beachsister hotelgood sizehotel is modernbeach restaurantper dayold townvery nice staybreakfast was includedmini barsuperior roomstar hotelconcierge staffrue d'antibesgarden viewtrain stationan upgrade
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice and we can definitely book this hotel again. They have great service and the hotel is modern but still very romantic and beautiful. The location is perfect. The only negative thing is that the Wi-Fi does not work when you are in your room. It only worked for us when we were at the corridor.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
François P, General Manager at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Daniela,

Thank you so much for posting a review. I'm so happy that you have recieved such a good experience in our hotel. Indeed location is perfect next to everything at walking distance to the sea, shops, restaurants, train station and our private beach club. For your information, wifi is being upgraded at the moment and will be ready late september.

Looking forward to welcome you back at the hotel.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My friends and I decided to have a weekend out in Cannes and booked into Gray d'Albion. The hotel is centrally located, close to the beach and shopping. The rooms were lovely and clean with fantastic beds! We had rooms facing the back garden, which were very quiet. However, we had also payed for breakfast and that was another story. Normally I would't make such a fuss, but the quality was so poor that I truly felt ripped off compared to what we were offered. The eggs were grey and green, the cheeses were of your everyday supermarket brands, and the pastry and bread selection was stale and uninspiring. Certainly not worth the 28euros they value it at! So, all in all - stay for the location and nice rooms but avoid the breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden facing room, from 3rd floor and up
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karin P

Dear Karin P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to writte a review which I've shared with my team. Our hotel is indeed very well located and our facilities are superb. Rearding your breakfast comments, I'm very surprised as we usualy receive very positiv comments. Maybe you arrived at the end of the breakfast service which close at 11 am. For your information, you can next time order à la carte eggs or special items if you like.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We usually go to cannes 3 or 4 times a year and stay at the raddison blu or Martinez, but a last minute booking found us with very little choice in hotels for the dates we required. The best of the hotels that were available was The Gray. This hotel was perfect . The private beach club ( wich was included in our price unlike other hotels I could mention) always accommodated us with the 5 sun beds we required and the beach restaurant food was outstanding offering Mediterranean and Lebanese cuisine. The prices were not stupid given we were right on cannes beach and the service to the sun beds was also excellently.
The rooms have everything you could wish for and at a guess this hotel is used a lot for conferences wich could be a problem at breakfast if everyone arrived at the same time as it is a little unorganized. The first morning we were offered eggs cooked any way and choice of drinks including cappuccino . The next morning no waiter in sight and very little left on the buffet. The third morning the offer of eggs and choice of drinks from not one but 2 waiters. As breakfast was included and was the only thing I could find fault at it will not stop me going back to this hotel again the weekend was perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms on the high floors have good city views but the garden rooms are nice too
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank GEM50

Dear Gem50,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback which I've shared with my team. We take great pride to constantly try to improve our guest experience.

I'm happy that you have noticed the excellent location from our hotel and very good facilities well priced for such high quality given.

Regarding the breakfast buffet, depending on the large flow, sometimes it's hard to keep up with the volume but we are always at your service to respond to specific needs which you wouldn't find on the buffet.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife for 4 nights and would definitely recommend it. For the price, location and quality of the rooms and service it's hands down the best value 4-star hotel in Cannes (and probably Nice too for that matter).
The importance of the location is not to be overlooked. You're within 50 meters of amazing shopping and restaurants and 100 meters to the beach and train station.
I found out whilst we were there that it's associated with a much larger hotel group (Barriere) which owns several other hotels and casinos in the Riviera is a very professionally run hotel.
Staff are friendly. Rooms are large - ours had a large balcony which we ate breakfast on each morning. The Air Conditioning works well as too do all the usual amenities within the room.
There's no gym onsite but I was welcome to use the gym at the nearby Majestic. The staff there were welcoming and the gym was pretty well decked out for a European hotel.
The only negatives were the bathroom towel rack heater which would automatically turn on whenever the bathroom light was on. The duvet was a little too heavy for warm summer days/nights ~30 degrees.
We also had a noisy neighbour who probably coughed up enough phlegm over the course of the night to warrant hospitalisation (not a hotel issue).

I enjoyed my stay here, loved Cannes and look forward to my next visit.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mickambro

Dear Mickambro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to witte such a fantastic review which I've shared with our entire team. Hotel is indeed very well located where all the actions are, directly connected to the sea front, next to all restaurants and bars and famous shopping strip.

For your information, we are planning to upgrade even more our very nice bathrooms and definitely I'll take in cosideration your valuable points as well with the duvet.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This Hotel was a very beautiful Hotel. The reception area as you walk in was really nicely styled and lovely to walk through to get into the lift to take you up to your room!
Our room was very nice indeed. View not too bad. On to garden below and overlooking streets and part mountain covered in buildings. Bed was lovely! So cool and comfortable! Had really good sleep the whole stay. Nice spacious balcony! All was lovely and clean. Bathroom too was clean and included a bidet!
The cleaning maid called in to clean twice a day! ? Which was ok but some evenings whilst getting ready to go out you did not need someone at the door or did not need her coming in at all even if you were out! Once a day was enough unless you felt you should request it. Turning the bed down was one thing but annoyingly so she would switch the TV on so that you get back to the noisy thing blaring out soon as you open the door! I asked for this to be stopped but it fell on deaf ears!
Anyway was always nice and clean so I should not complain!
Did not use the restaurant. And sadly no poole.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank teena_marina
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Teena_Mar,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. We do our utmost to provide all our guest the best possible experience and it's always a pleasure to share your feedback with the team.

Indeed we provide very nice accommodation and all our rooms are very confortable with large balconies which is unic in Cannes.

Fo your information, a new TV system will be installed later in the year to offer a much better quality service which you have experienced for sure.

Looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel.