$164
  • Bar/Lounge
$478
$387
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $537/night.

$309
Hotel Martinez(Cannes)
$726
$556
1,435 results
All reviewsprivate beachsister hotella croisettehotel barrierehotel is moderngood sizebeach restauranthigher floorper dayvery nice stayconcierge staffbreakfast was includedmini barsuperior roomexcellent locationgarden viewtrain station
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed at Gray D'Albion for my birthday a about a year ago, and I must say if I should go back, to Cannes, I hope I can get a room here. My room had French Condiments awaiting my arrival. The bed was huge deep and comfy, plush bathrobe was provided (rare these days). I most also note the "reception employees" desk were helpful (usually the French can be a bit alof)...most mornings I had breakfast on my private balcony, except on my birthday. After I got back to London, I recieved a note from the Hotel, thanking me for my patronage!!! Wow..that's service..

Room Tip: My room faced the garden, might have been more interesting facing the Rue...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cocoplum19
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear cocoplum 19,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.
Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our stay pleasant.
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,
I remain,

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great location, a few blocks back from the water, however easy access to the shops and restaurants. Hotel is an older property, some maintenance issues, however clean. Staff generally friendly and helpful, though not overly proactive in greeting Guests.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear BeijingEye,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I am happy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has fulfilled your expectations.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again,

Yours faithfully.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed at the Gray d'Albion on a short break in Cannes and I am surprised at just how varied the reviewers' perceptions are. The staff are wonderfully helpful, the rooms are very comfortable and the ambiance is pleasant. I doubt that many people visit Cannes to admire the view from their hotel room's window, so it was quite immaterial that our window overlooked the central garden. The balcony was a very peaceful place to sit and admire the urban wildlife. There is a wide variety of choice of restaurants within easy walking distance and the airport bus stop is just a few paces down the road.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael P

Dear Michael P,

Thank you so kindly for your recent posting on TripAdvisor.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I am happy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has been up to your expectations.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again,
With my best regards.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Hotel is beautiful looking,good design,nice rooms,good service

Negative : No internet.You can get connected to modem,but it will drop you off every 2 minutes.And internet is so slow that it almost does not exist.We have asked staff at reception at lunch time to give us another room with internet.Concierge has replied internet is the same all over hotel. He also said he will call technicians.We came back to hotel around midnight and internet was not fixed.On arrival we have drive into indoor parking right beside hotel entrance.It has turned out parking does not belong to the hotel and we have to pay 26 Euros for parking.Hotel has no parking spaces at all. On checking in concierge ask not only my ID,

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Max R
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Max B,

I have paid special attention to your message regarding your dissatisfaction following your recent stay at the Hotel Gray d'Albion.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the hotel's decoration, rooms and quality of service.

We constantly strive to provide exceptional service in keeping with the image of all Lucien BARRIERE establishments; nevertheless I am sorry that our services did not quite meet your expectations this time.

I have personally addressed the issues you raised with the relevant managers informing them of your comments.

Please also allow me to explain the parking charges that were invoiced. The amount of 26 Euro is the same amount invoiced to us by the company who manages the car park. Our establishment does not have its own car park or parking spaces. The car park is managed by the company INTERPARKING who unfortunately does not provide a discount for our clients.
With regards to the Wi-Fi Internet connection provided free of charge to our guests, we did in fact experience problems with our supplier who was unfortunately only able to re-establish the connection the next day. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I sincerely hope that you continue to place your trust in us and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Gray d’Albion next time you are in Cannes.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have just returned from six nights at the Gray d'Albion and cannot fault it. My room was immaculately clean with sparkling white linen bedding and the bed was outrageously comfortable. In fact, I think I slept better there than I do at home! The bathroom was spotless with unlimited hot water and lots of fluffy white towels.I had a little balcony which was lovely to sit out on and watch the world go by under my feet. No sea view but then I didn't expect one. It was only a couple of minutes walk to the beach anyway. Some reviewers have complained about the staff's lack of English (well, they were in France!) but all the members of staff I spoke with had excellent English - and were polite enough to let me try my French and not laugh at my attempts! I had several interesting 'franglais' conversations! Travelling on my own I felt perfectly safe and secure in this hotel - helped by the security which meant outsiders could not access the lifts and gain admittance to the bedroom floors. I cannot understand why anyone should object to this - it only takes a second to swipe a room card! Everyone was unfailingly polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the service there prompt and courteous. The bar prices were a bit steep but their Margaritas were better than those at The Carlton and came with lots of complementary nibbles! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Gray and would unhesitatingly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Vickyvoyager
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Vickyvoyager,

Thank you very much for your nice review that I will share with my team.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, its location and the service provided (bar and buffet breakfast) and our security requirement with this restricted access to the rooms' floors for a better privacy and security of our guests.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

With best regards