Villa Garbo(Cannes)
  • Bar/Lounge
$519
$388
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $509/night.

$324
$414
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
1,435 results
All reviewsprivate beachsister hotella croisettehotel barrierehotel is moderngood sizebeach restauranthigher floorper dayvery nice stayconcierge staffbreakfast was includedmini barsuperior roomexcellent locationgarden viewtrain station
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Hotel is beautiful looking,good design,nice rooms,good service

Negative : No internet.You can get connected to modem,but it will drop you off every 2 minutes.And internet is so slow that it almost does not exist.We have asked staff at reception at lunch time to give us another room with internet.Concierge has replied internet is the same all over hotel. He also said he will call technicians.We came back to hotel around midnight and internet was not fixed.On arrival we have drive into indoor parking right beside hotel entrance.It has turned out parking does not belong to the hotel and we have to pay 26 Euros for parking.Hotel has no parking spaces at all. On checking in concierge ask not only my ID,

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Max R
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Max B,

I have paid special attention to your message regarding your dissatisfaction following your recent stay at the Hotel Gray d'Albion.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the hotel's decoration, rooms and quality of service.

We constantly strive to provide exceptional service in keeping with the image of all Lucien BARRIERE establishments; nevertheless I am sorry that our services did not quite meet your expectations this time.

I have personally addressed the issues you raised with the relevant managers informing them of your comments.

Please also allow me to explain the parking charges that were invoiced. The amount of 26 Euro is the same amount invoiced to us by the company who manages the car park. Our establishment does not have its own car park or parking spaces. The car park is managed by the company INTERPARKING who unfortunately does not provide a discount for our clients.
With regards to the Wi-Fi Internet connection provided free of charge to our guests, we did in fact experience problems with our supplier who was unfortunately only able to re-establish the connection the next day. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I sincerely hope that you continue to place your trust in us and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Gray d’Albion next time you are in Cannes.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have just returned from six nights at the Gray d'Albion and cannot fault it. My room was immaculately clean with sparkling white linen bedding and the bed was outrageously comfortable. In fact, I think I slept better there than I do at home! The bathroom was spotless with unlimited hot water and lots of fluffy white towels.I had a little balcony which was lovely to sit out on and watch the world go by under my feet. No sea view but then I didn't expect one. It was only a couple of minutes walk to the beach anyway. Some reviewers have complained about the staff's lack of English (well, they were in France!) but all the members of staff I spoke with had excellent English - and were polite enough to let me try my French and not laugh at my attempts! I had several interesting 'franglais' conversations! Travelling on my own I felt perfectly safe and secure in this hotel - helped by the security which meant outsiders could not access the lifts and gain admittance to the bedroom floors. I cannot understand why anyone should object to this - it only takes a second to swipe a room card! Everyone was unfailingly polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the service there prompt and courteous. The bar prices were a bit steep but their Margaritas were better than those at The Carlton and came with lots of complementary nibbles! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Gray and would unhesitatingly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Vickyvoyager
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Vickyvoyager,

Thank you very much for your nice review that I will share with my team.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, its location and the service provided (bar and buffet breakfast) and our security requirement with this restricted access to the rooms' floors for a better privacy and security of our guests.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

With best regards

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Well, first of all, it is listed as an ocean view hotel, when in fact it is a block away from the coast and perpendicular to the coast, so only 4-6 rooms with a little view that are only available at a much higher room rate.We traveled from Monaco to Cannes the day before we were scheduled to arrive in Cannes, so when we discovered that we would not have a view, I tried to cancel the reservation and the lady reservation manager would not let us cancel. And to add insult to injury, I requested some additional bedding for the sofa ,because I occasionally snore ,and need to sleep a little distance from my girlfriend, and he lady at the front desk told me that if I used the sofa to sleep on they would charge me more for the room. This did make me angry and I went back to the room and returned in 30 minutes and explained what had happened to a gentleman at the desk and he apologized and was shocked that she said that and did not charge me more. Also, the maid was rude, elevator security was difficult to understand, expensive and if you wanted to use the gym ,you had to go to another hotel and pay to use the equipment. Also , I had a junior suite, and I am sorry but they assigned me a room on the second floor, that had a view of a building that needed paint. I wish that when we asked to cancel, because of no view , they could and hold have released us, because we could have stayed at the Radisson Blu in a suite with two balconies overlooking the Cannes yacht harbor at about half the price!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 911Gray65
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear 911Gray65, Dear Mr E,

I have paid special attention to your comment posted on the TripAdvisor website with regards to my hotel.

We constantly strive to provide exceptional service in keeping with the image of all Lucien BARRIERE establishments and I deeply regret that you have given a mistaken image of our hotel, particularly because your comments are not a fair reflection of the quality of the services we provide.

With regards to the different comments you have made, and after having carried out the necessary research, please allow me to clarify certain points:

- Regarding your room without a view, I have to contradict as your travel agent informed you of the absence of a sea view prior to your stay. In addition, the request for an upgrade made by your travel agent could not be granted due to the occupancy of certain suites and the important difference in price between the two suite categories. Furthermore, you will not find any sales documents claiming junior suites with sea views. In fact, as you have highlighted, our hotel is built perpendicular to the sea and only 4 exclusive suites have a view of the Mediterranean.

- In addition, you made your reservation in our hotel via the "Expedia.com" website, a website which operates a pre-payment system, and you therefore paid for your stay with this company and not directly with our hotel. Upon arrival, you informed us of your dissatisfaction with regards to your room, which did not meet your expectations, and you expressed your desire to leave the hotel. Our staff informed you that, due to the pre-payment of your stay directly with Expedia and the fact that the contracted cancellation period had expired, we could neither cancel your reservation nor refund it as we were not in possession of the funds given that Expedia only pays us after the client's stay.

- Finally, with regards to the comments left in the different log books of the services you encountered, it would seem that impoliteness is not only a prerogative of my staff or of the French people in general, as you recount of your stay in France.

Our hotel is normally recognised for its exceptional service, as our rating on the TripAdvisor website shows, and it is my duty to provide this detailed response given that the reputation of my hotel could be damaged by such an inappropriate comment.

With my best regards.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel more than met our expectations in every way, I highly recommend it. The staff in the restaurant were particularly helpful and friendly.It was exactly as described. You don't get crisps in the bar, they give you gummibears, they are addictive!

Room Tip: ours was on a sidestreet, and very very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Alastair M,

Thank you so kindly for your recent posting on TripAdvisor.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I am happy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion and especially in the restaurant, has been up to your expectations.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again,

With my best regards.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stylish hotel; great breakfast, and comfortable rooms. Staff very friendly and helpful and centrally located for La Croisette and a short walk to the Old Town. Very trendy bar, but prices are high. Tedious security requirements for lifts and toilets! car parking pricey as well.

Room Tip: Higher the better to avoid street noise. Wall are thin.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear SmallWallah,

Thank you very much for your review that I will share with my team.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, its location and the service provided.

Regarding your comment about the security requirement (principally with a restricted access to the rooms' floors), they could be effectively tedious but these equipements have been fit to preserve the privacy and security of our guests.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

With my best regards,