“Perfect Stay for Cannes”

Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion
Ranked #9 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the Gray d' Albion from 8.29-9.2 and we thought it was perfect for our time in Cannes. The location was excellent, very close to the beach and a short walk to old Cannes. We got an amazing rate through hotels.com at $200/night which is much less than the hotel's published rates. It was also a 5 minute walk from the train which was very convenient. Only downside is you have to pay for the hotel's beach facilities, but the public beach is nearby and free. There are also other places that charge less for the set up on the beach. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Book through hotels.com for a better rate!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Jacques F

Let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make your stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,

François PORTIGLIA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This studio is central to everything,safe secure,comfortable minutes from all the attractions and a good price the owner made everything smooth with payments and returns of security deposits.Its got free wifi so you can plan everydays trips while you are there,10 minutes walk to the train station if you are travelling by train like we did.book it you won't be disappointed thanks Patrick it was a pleasure

Room Tip: Use holiday rentals 400058 studio
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear mattthetraindriver,

Thank you so much for this nice comment posted on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to learn that we meet your expectations during your stay in our establishment and very much look forward to welcoming you back,

With my best regards,

François Portiglia

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I'd actually score this hotel as average if I hadn't seen its potential in the rooms my friends stayed in. Stayed at the Gray for 5 nights in August. It's not cheap but it's a great location and a good base in Cannes. It seems that some floors have been recently renovated while others haven't (and really should be for the price guests are paying). My room on the 8th floor was unfortunately not one of the renovated ones. The biggest difference is in the bathrooms. The new ones are white, modern and fresh while mine had old brown tiles and, shockingly, a really dingy sad excuse for a shower curtain. Also, when I walked into the room it smelled like an ashtray, something the hotel apologized for - they sent housekeeping in to open the balcony door to air it out and spray LOADS of air freshener all around to kill the smell. Also the carpet really needs to be changed, it's time. And watch out for all the extras, they add up at the final payment, nothing is not expensive. You have to book to go to the hotel's beach and I think it's an additional cost (i never ended up going there). On a more positive note, the staff were helpful when we had any questions or requests. The bed was really comfortable. The balcony had a nice view of the garden and rooftops across Cannes. There's a bar in the lobby that was a good meeting point as we were a large group of friends in different rooms and even different hotels. Never had breakfast because the cafes nearby seemed more inviting and were a third of the price. The location is excellent. Walking distance from La Croisette, from the Casino, the port, old town and there's a convenient downtown shopping/cafes/market area just behind the hotel. Also a bus stop is right outside the hotel.

Room Tip: make sure you get the rooms that have been renovated and obviously the suites are much nicer. DO NOT...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Dima K,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel this month.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I’mhappy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has been up to your expectations, despite that your equipement didn't fullfil all your expectation.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Simply put - every euro well spent! I was there few years ago (not 2011) during festival in Cannes and I must say that I was pretty satisfied with pretty much everything. Professional stuff, pretty big room with terrace filled with high plants, clean and modern bathroom and so on. Plus, it is located in downtown Cannes, in the middle of the "rush". I looked at their site and a price seems to be much lower then they where few years ago, classic room is around 100 euro. 100 euro is pretty good deal for this category of hotel. If following is some reference during festival I managed to even see some celebrities there, mostly faces we know from various TV series, actors we all know but don’t know their names ;-) So, I give it 5 stars since prices are really low now

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Srkey,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your message pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion,

General Manager.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I went for a short break in August 2012 and choose this hotel. We were extremely satisfied with everything from the tidiness and cleanliness of the room and its size to the friendliness of the staff whom we found extremely helpful. We were ecstatic with our choice. The only downside is the cost especially on extras, but that is Cannes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph G
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Joseph G,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your comments push my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make your stay pleasant.

Yours faithfully

General Manager.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is our Second stay at this hotel after being at the Pullman in Mandelieu.
We like this Hotel because you get best value for your money.
Beautiful Entrance, Nice Welcoming Staff.
We've booked a deluxe room with breakfast and beach included. A must if you want to go to the beach. The beach of the Hotel is mostly fully booked in high season.
The room comes with a king-size bed and nice Balcony. House Keeping was impeccable.
We've missed the appliances to charges our iPhones as we always find in other places, otherwise all the rest was well provided.
The only minus about the room is the air-conditioning, we couldn’t get it high enough as it is centrally controlled. The Staff try everything to improve it but no luck.
Wireless Internet is this year free for guest, you can enjoy it throughout it the property and even at the beach!
We've booked the parking in advance (big saving if you have a car), as it doesn't belong to the Hotel but you have direct and secure access.
The Hotel is in the best location and walking distance to everywhere.
We enjoy our stay and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the inside with view on the gardens, they are cooler
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mjamous,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your yesterday's comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel this month.
We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I’m happy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has been up to your expectations.

But we also consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected (by providing you an IPhone appliance for example)

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again next year,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just back after staying in the Gray D'Albion last week. Excellent time staying here and will definitely stay here again when next holidaying in Cannes.

I am always dubious when staying in hotels in France as the general standard of hotels in not that high, however, I need not have worried - this hotel is a gem! The hotel is clean, well air conditioned, is located in an ideal position in central Cannes and the staff are courteous, helpful and polite. We had a balcony with our room which was a real delight when enjoying a glass of pinot noir, watching the sun go down in the evenings.

There is a shopping mall located behind the hotel, and the main shopping street (Rue d'antibes) is located right next to the hotel. Im not sure you could choose a better location for this place!

The beach is literally a 2 minute walk (as is the glorious promenade).

I must also add that the bar (Janes bar) is worth a visit or two... the ambience is perfect and its such a clean and sophisticated bar located just off the main entrance. Cocktails are pricey though.

Well done Gray D'Albion! You more than exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doscal
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Doscal,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your nice comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel this month.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected, and your message pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work has contributed to make your stay pleasant.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again,