$480
  • Room Service
$613
$295
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $429/night.

JW Marriott Cannes(Cannes)
$526
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
1,435 results
All reviewsprivate beachsister hotella croisettehotel barrierehotel is moderngood sizebeach restauranthigher floorper dayvery nice stayconcierge staffbreakfast was includedmini barsuperior roomexcellent locationgarden viewtrain station
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

As with anything in Cannes especially on the beach it was expensive. But the rooms we're big, very clean and hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

As with every hotel you have to pay for beach access, if you don't want to do this, my suggestion would be to rent a scooter for a day for 30 bucks pack a lunch and scoot down the coast and find a nice little swimming area.

Couldn't ask for a better location for shopping and restaurants, there are places for all income levels.

Would definitely recommend this hotel if you can get a good rate as they often have last minute booking deals

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank McGillTraveller
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear McGill Traveller,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the hotel wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make your stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,

General manager

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Really couldn't get a better spot for the price. We stayed one night, wish it was more as our next hotel was not nearly as nice. Nthe location Is great, right next to rue de Antibes for shopping and one block from the beach and promenade. The hotel was clean, secure and the the rooms were spacious. Had a nice stay

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Fifo 1102,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction, and tell you that I do really appreciate it, especially as you are a frequent travel advisor on this website.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your comment pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant.

Best regards

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here for four nights in the Junior Suite. We got a free upgrade to the Junior Suite but I couldn't recommend actually paying for it, there isn't much of a difference between this and a standard room. The room was very comfortable and service was great. The hotel has such a nice vibe, it has a rose theme and even smells like roses! It is located very well, a minutes walk to the beach and all the shops are directly behind it. However, I couldn't believe how expensive everything was! The private beach cost 18 euros for half a day (20 for a full day), which I find quite ridiculous. We didn't have the choice of going on the public beach as we were not provided with towels or anything. We dodged breakfast, as it was 17 euros per person... instead we spent a few euros at the local bakery every morning. Apart from that, I loved the hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sasha M
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed in Gray d'Albion in June 2010 and it was the worst hotel experience ever! Stayed in the same hotel this year - all hotels were fully booked / Last week of June - and I was gladly surprised with the improvements!!! Service is 100 times much better then back in 2010! Staff (doormen, reception, bar tender, room service, concierge) are much more welcoming, friendly and attentive! Hotel has an excellent location in Cannes (few meters away from the Palais des Festivals & La Croisette) ...Room was spacious & comfy ...Room Service menu revisited (no room service after 22hrs back in 2010!) and menu is rich & broad ...Hotel atmosphere is very cheerful (improved the lighting maybe?) ..Hotel has a private beach (didn't try it) and has a very & cozy Bar (A must try!), loved the private balcony ...Overall, stay was great!
This time I would recommend it strongly & would stay again in Gray d'Albion!

Room Tip: Pick up a room on the main street ...!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear Elyes B,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your second stay at the Gray d'Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image we wish to give, it is certain that your letter pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant, and this especially after the bad first experience your had in 2011.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again next year at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,

Yours faithfully.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here three nights for a long weekend. The hotel is situated at a great location. Room wasn't ready till 3pm on arrival hence decided to go to the hotel private beach and make full use of the sunny Cannes weather.
Disappointingly, the beach attendant speaks limited English and being very difficult on allocating the sun beds, considering there were quite a few available at the front by the sea, we were put on the last row. We had to pay 18 euros for half a day for the sun bed each and the umbrella as well! I later found out this is not unique in Cannes. Still, I don't agree with any hotels should make their guests pay for using the beach facility.
Breakfast was included in my room rate and it was nice, free wi-fi works ok even extended to the beach, which was impressive.
My room was clean and bed comfortable. There's nothing wrong with the hotel except not impressed with the beach arrangement. Love the hotel but not Cannes!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank H L
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear MontaguS

This message to inform you that we carefully read your comments you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d'Albion Hotel. We thank you for your positive remarks about the service you got during the three days you spend at the hotel.

Nevertheless, we also want you to know that we consider our guests’comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the best value for money and service, which obviously, has not been completely the case this time with our beach restaurant.
I personally listed what went wrong with the head of the beach restaurant about the comment you left. Measures have been taken to remedy those failures which I regret. Regarding the price of the matresses and umbrellas, as you noticed it, our rate are those applied by most of the private beachs in Cannes.

However, I hope you will still trust us, remain a guest of our hotel, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Hoping you will give us a chance to show you that the Gray d'Albion Hotel can be up to your expectations,

Yours faithfully.