Le Grand Hotel
$312
$278
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion(Cannes)(Great Value!)
$174
$128
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Clarion Suites Cannes Croisette(Cannes)(Great Value!)
$168
$124
Travelocity
$304
$228
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Hotel Le Canberra(Cannes)(Great Value!)
$246
$225
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewretro stylela croisettespacious balconyperfect locationrooms are hugenice hotelroom service isprivate beachbottle of champagnebeach restaurantour honeymoonnice roomsea frontnice airportbulgarimichelin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This review is for the private beach Plage 45 owned by the hotel:

A relaxing, welcoming atmosphere is just what Plage 45 offers - smaller than the other private beaches, with a superb restaurant - seared tuna with ginger and sautéed vegetables or fresh sushi the perfect beach food. Burgers are top quality too. An abundance of smiles from the staff - Romain and Manon are formidable - and classy service without presumption - make this our favorite find during our stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hugues-Raybaud, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comment that I will not miss to share with the beach team.
We sincerely hope to have the pleasure welcome you back for some other relaxing moments.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The hotel seems to have been recently renovated and it was brought to an amazing standard. The style is 70's retro (which perfectly suits la Croisette) and it is extremely comfortable. Luxurious without being pretentious.

Rooms: We stayed in a high floor overlooking the sea and the value you get at this hotel is simply amazing. It's probably one of the best deals in Cannes, since getting stunning sea views as the one we got and such a spacious balcony (perfect to have some wine in the evening and chill out) in another 5 star hotel in the Croisette (such as the Carlton) would be incredibly expensive. Rooms are very spacious and bed/ pillows are amazing. Such a good sleep!

Service: staff was very attentive and efficient, from room service (with turn down serv in the evening) to reception and breakfast room.

Location: other reviews already said it, but it's perfect. Right in the Croisette with private garden.

Breakfast: the restaurant has 1 Michelin star, and good restaurant standard leads to good breakfast. Food was very nice with fresh, high quality ingredients. Service was attentive and you can enjoy breakfast in the terrace.

Facilities: they don't have a pool and I don't care - there's a beach across the read. However, the beach club was closed and we had not been told about it - that's my only complaint.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hugues-Raybaud, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad to learn that you enjoyed the hotel location & equipments as well as the service provided.
We are very sorry regarding the exceptionnal closure of the beach and we understand your disappointment.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Le Grand Hotel in order to spend other memorable moments.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel has a great central location close to the beach, bars, restaurants and casinos. The room was spacious and well appointed. The staff was excellent, all helpful and all go out of their way to provide exceptional service. David, in particular, was a great help and made the stay more enjoyable. The hotel overall has a nice atmosphere with a great bar. My only complaint is that I really missed not having a pool and I had a terrible time getting the room key card to work.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your kind comment.
Our staff is constantly working on the quality of service and your satisfaction is our best reward. I will of course share your words with them and especially with David.
We are sorry that you encountered some trouble with the room key; our maintenance department is checking every room in order to fix any potential problem.
We thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you again soon,
With my best regards,

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The Grand Hotel in Cannes reopened its doors under new management after two year renovation period. The result is great.
The location is unbeatable in its own gardens on la Croisette overlooking its great pivate beach.
I stayed here recently as I was invited to a weeding in a nearby five star hotel.
The Grand is is super personal with its around 75 rooms and suites, the service is outstanding, and the atmosphere distuingished, hip, and elegant without being stuffy.
Cannes was badly in need of such a five star boutique hotel. The bar-lounge is so relaxing, and the food in the restaurant well worth its michelin star. The rooms are huge and very original with its retro-style look,mine had a nice view over the city, next time I will try sea view. This is a five star hotel all the way,much more pleasant than its competitors next door..highly recommended!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience on this website.
We are very happy to learn that we met your expectations in all ways during your last stay with us.
We very much look forward to welcoming you again at Le Grand Hotel.
With my best Regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I need to tell this for everybody who care about the Staff and who believe that staff is one of most important things in moment when you want to chose your hotel anywhere. The hotel is very nice, rooms are minimum 40 m2 , all things are great but staff is the best. They are very polite and ready to help you in everything you need. Example: I was come there late without information where is the parking for the car. I leave my car in public parking near to the hotel. When I was on reception to ask staff where is the parking, they explained me that parking is on the other side of hotel and they took my keys, went to the public parking to find the car and moved a car in hotel parking. Second thing, it was Sunday and everything it was closed , I asked for information where is the pharmacy they told me it's to far and ask me for what I need the pharmacy. I explained and after 10 minutes all the things which I need they were in my room. All in all it was a lot small things where they are help me like the usual information about the city, restaurants and clubs. Just to be more precise the names of the Actors - staff are MELISSA , MATHIEN and FRED

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Hugues-Raybaud, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at the Grand Hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us and we would like to thank you for your wondeful comment.
I will not fail to share your words so encouraging with the team.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again soon,