JW Marriott Cannes
Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion(Cannes)(Great Value!)
$182
$250
$232
getaroom.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrooftop poolroom servicegarden viewplatinum memberla croisettefilm festivalperfect locationupgraded to a suiteseparate showerother star hotelspeople watchingperfect staybeach clubsouth of francesmall balconynice airportpublic beach
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very disappointing . someone needs to run some quality assurance over the place as it is tired .Reception staff are very nice .But the gym had 3 of the 6 machines broken and it was very inadequate gym . The pool restaurant bar is a joke and not like the photos . I shifted twice hoping to get served but gave up in the end .The pool is popular so they are losing money here ( I own a business ) . The tea for room service was cold and never strong enough .The operator didnt answer so I had to ring reception who were nice but found it difficult to explain how to get an out side line .
Fawlty towers not quite but on its way .

Room Tip: Ask for the side rooms as you get an ocean view ( around 367)
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank mrskywalker
Kalliopi_Paroussi, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear glenn m,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the JW Marriott Cannes. We are truly sorry that your stay was not up to your satisfaction.

Please be rest assured that all your comments have been further shared with the relevant Department Heads for a further review. The constructive feedback provided by our guests allows us to enhance the level of service we aim to deliver throughout the hotel and we greatly appreciate your comments.

We do hope however that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cannes soon.

Kind regards from the team at the JW Marriott Cannes

Kalliopi Paroussi
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Service was so great that I did wakService was reliable and great.
The day I had to go to Nice to catch my 12.30PM fight to Madrid, I woke up late. I overslept. If I had returned the vehicle I rented, I would have missed my flight. Hotel Concierge and his assistant went beyond duty and offered themselves to return to vehicle, what they did. And I was able to catch my plane.
Rooms are pretty big, nice and comfortable. The only not great thing about the Hotel is the Food. Very regular.
If you are a Tourist, Investigate high season weeks. Price could be 500 Euros for a regular small not ocean view room.
Very recommendable hotel. The best location in Cannes. Better, impossible. A very pleasant stay.
e up late the day I had tyo go to Nice to catch

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicolas R
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Couldn't ask for a better location than this, in the center of town and across the street from the beach. Service was excellent with staff going out of their way to make sure you were happy. Breakfast was superb and a great view of the beach from the outside patio.
Great beach views from room and also from the rooftop.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BParent
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed 6 nights here and had a great time! The King bed is absolutely heavenly! Despite the noise from the music festival our sea-view room on the 2nd floor was very quiet. Housekeeping did a good job and our linens etc seemed brand new and turn down service occurred every night. Breakfast outside on the veranda overlooking the beach and La Croisette was what we loved......wish we were still there! The 6th floor rooftop pool needs renovation but was okay to use and had bar service. A little bit of a surprise to us was having to pay for beach loungers.....we thought it was always included but is not. Would love to return here again!!

Room Tip: Seaview is best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for 4 nights (from 21st April 2014). When we arrived, our room wasn't ready even though we had emailed and confirmed the time. Never mind, went for lunch and came back and it was ready. Entrance / Lobby is beautiful and a very nice bar. The outside area to have drinks and breakfast is excellent. Room was very clean. We had issues with the air con on the first day but reception resolved that ASAP.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves but not giving 5 stars as for the price you pay, it's not quite 5 star as compared to other J W Marriott's. Nevertheless, it's still a great hotel and I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We didn't have a great view. Splash a little more cash and get the seaside view. OR a suite !
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple