I was in town for an event and this was one of the partner hotels so I received a discounted rate. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to check into my room until after 3pm. When I was able to check in, someone from the desk walked the key over to me without any information. I learned from a friend also staying in the hotel that the rooftop pool was CLOSED. They didn't even have the courtesy to inform their guests. Another person didn't find out until she took the elevator up to the roof and saw construction happening. The front desk also didn't inform me that beach passes were available for free since the rooftop pool wasn't open. A few days into my stay, an undated letter appeared stating that construction to remove equipment was taking place but the letter NEVER stated explicitely that the pool/roof were closed.
It's annoying that free WiFi is only in the lobby area. At the price they charge for the room, WiFi should be included in every room. Since the roof was closed, I tried to barter for free in room WiFi but they weren't having it.
The hotel décor is modern (think black, gold, disco-esque) and the rooms are large. There are robes, slippers and safes in the room. Minibar is also in the room but there are no prices. I didn't find out until check out that the candy bar and juice I had cost 7 euros each!! There is a shower and bath in the room. I never used the shower because it's small (on par with your typical French hotel bathroom). The tub is quite slippery and difficult to get in and out of. There was some noise and door slamming early in the morning in the halls so beware if you are a light sleeper.
The location is good but there are probably better options in a similar price range on the Croisette. The concierge was helpful and I feel like the desk staff is nice enough, but they didn't go out of their way to make it a great experience. I agree that it's NOT a 5 star hotel. I would not come back here if I was in Cannes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Mediterranean Sea and the Southern Alps, JW Marriott Cannes boasts an incomparable cultural and artistic heritage. The hotel is located on the former site of the Palais des Festivals, placing it at the heart of a city that steps into the spotlight once a year, when shining stars and international events come together for a film festival that has made Cannes the annual showcase for French elegance. Among its many unique features, JW Marriott Cannes is the only luxury hotel on the Croisette to have its own auditorium seating up to 820 guests. It also offers 16 newly renovated multi-functional and totally flexible conference rooms (including 10 new rooms on the 1st floor). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cannes Hotel Cannes
- Palais Stephanie Hotel Cannes
- Cannes Palais Stephanie Hotel
- Sofitel Cannes
- Cannes Sofitel