JW Marriott Cannes
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop poolroom servicegarden viewplatinum memberla croisettefilm festivalperfect locationupgraded to a suiteseparate showerother star hotelspeople watchingperfect staybeach clubsouth of francesmall balconynice airportpublic beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Have been for the first time in Cannes in JW Marriott and enjoyed the stay a lot. As a MR Platinum was upgraded to a suite, which was very nice and spacious and due to the fact I had a birthday during the stay received a complimentary birthday (cheese)cake which was tasty. Also location of the hotel is perfect, specially for having the breakfast with the view of boulevard de la croisette.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin K
Kalliopi_Paroussi, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Martin K,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the JW Marriott Cannes and for the great score you have given us.

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that we were able to help make your stay that little bit more special.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back when you will be next in Cannes.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed here on part of our 5 year wedding anniversary trip. I am a platinum Marriott member and they surely pull out all the stops for you! Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a huge suite with a beautiful walk out patio. The room was very modern and spacious, especially for European standards. Within a few hours, both a bottle of wine and cheese plate arrived on a complementary basis, as well as chocolate covered strawberries. The location of this hotel is perfect - right across from the beach. The hotel restaurant is partially open air and you can look out directly at the fabulous ocean and the unbelievable yachts. Being platinum at this hotel is a huge value. Your full hot buffet breakfast is included (~50E per person per day) and your Wi-Fi is included...I don't remember what the actual costs were but we were shocked....very different than in the US and they charge PER DEVICE not per room access. We had excellent service while we were there, with quick seating for breakfasts, assistance with the concierge for booking our beach chairs, etc. That is one thing you should know - the beaches are all "beach clubs" and even hotel guests need to pay for their beach chairs/umbrellas, although at a discounted rate. I don't remember what it was, but it was reasonable. The hotel is in an excellent location for both all of the amazing shopping and restaurants. We also walked to and from le Suquet a few times...it is probably about a mile each way, but there is so much to see along your way....and of course all of the people watching!!! The only con to this hotel is the pool is small on the rooftop, but it was still very relaxing to have a drink up there with the excellent view.

We fell in love with Cannes and with this hotel and will absolutely be back in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NicoleandKyle
Kalliopi_Paroussi, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear NicoleandKyle,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of the JW Marriott Cannes and for the top scores you have awarded us.

We are thrilled to hear that you felt very welcome in our hotel and that we were able to exceed your expectations and help make your stay that little bit more special.

Our aim is to provide our guests with memorable experiences and I am delighted to find out that we were able to leave with a positive impression.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you to welcoming you back soon.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Firstly, I should say that the hotel is beautiful and perfectly located. The rooms are also beautiful (if a little tacky with images of celebrities on the walls). These plus points are all overshadowed by the terrible service though. It's literally the worst room service experience I've had, and consistently so over several days. The first time, my meal was delivered without any cutlery, the second time with the wrong drinks, and the third time I had to call twice to remind them to bring it at all (after waiting over 90 minutes) and when it did arrive, a very unpleasant lady barked at me that she "did not understand English" and so forced herself into my room after she made me get out of the shower to open the door to me. After having waited so long, I had specifically requested that the tray be left outside my room. She then slammed my door behind her when she left. The food in the restaurant was of equally poor quality. It's a 5-star hotel with truly 1-star, arrogant service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kalliopi_Paroussi, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Sparkyb_uk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
First of all, we would like to thank you for the high scores in regards to the cleanliness, the hotel’s rooms and location and the quality of sleep you had.

Regarding your comments on the Room Service we would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you went through as described.
I would like to assure you that this is not indicative of our usual standards and your feedback has been shared with the relevant Department Head, so that the necessary actions can be taken.

We do hope that the overall hotel stay that you had with us, will bring you back to the hotel in the future, allowing us the opportunity to show you the high quality standards we are better known for.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This review is solely for the property, not the service!

Cannes ~ the jewel of French Riviera. So beautiful with all that glitz and glam. And September is probably their busiest time since all the Europeans go on vacation around that time. Needless to say: most hotel in Cannes was packed and sold out.

The hotel: it is right on that busy /happening street of Boulevard de La Croisette!. Book this on my 5 hours train ride from Paris. Naturally, you're going to pay extra for that last minute factor! And people I travel with wont budge for lower than a 4 stars hotel. Gotta make everyone happy.

I liked the pretty hotel rooms. All black and white with movie star posters. Food and service is a ok. Friendly-ish and efficient-ish. It's not the best hotel I've stayed in Cannes but it's also not the worst. At night. this place gets mad crazy with whats that club across on the beach. But you can easily stay in or walk else where and avoid it. Over all, a ok stay. I'd like my rooms a little bit bigger but this is Cannes. Can't be choosy!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Kalliopi_Paroussi, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Tifa_Mystique,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on the TripAdvisor webpage.

We appreciate your feedback in regards to the location, our property and the rooms decoration and design.

We are glad to hear that you had overall an enjoyable experience in Cannes, although disappointed that we could not make it excellent.

Please rest assured that I have already passed all your comments onto the department heads to further share them with the rest of their teams.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel so that we may have the opportunity to make your next stay with us an excellent one.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2014

What a great hotel! We stayed over there for a week-end and we had a very good experience. The hotel is located right in the middle of the 'Croisette' facing the sea. The roof top terrace just gives a breathtaking view on the sea.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Kalliopi_Paroussi, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Mauricette J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you overall enjoyed your stay and that our hotel suited your needs.

Once more we thank you for your great comments and we hope to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cannes soon.

Best Regards,