“Position, but that breakfast”

Hotel Spa Beausejour
Ranked #74 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed September 10, 2008

My wife and I booked this hotel, wanting to upgrade for two nights, after spending a week in a very cramped room in Nice. The room , bed and bathroom were just fine. It had space ,air conditioning and a fridge. We were glad we were on the first floor as when my wife saw the size of the lift she would not go in it. It was microscopic. The worst problem was the breakfast, or lack of it. It was included in the price of the room. We are early risers, but even so there was little left when we got there. We tried to get something to eat, but couldnt get our message through the language barrier. St Rapael is a pleasant seaside town, with excellent public gardens and trees. We wanted to take a boat trip but the times did not suit tourists. The hotel needs to drop its price a little, and improved the breakfast, and it will be up there with the best.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank busterNewZealand

Reviewed August 30, 2008

Don't be put off by the 'apartment block' look of this hotel -once inside it is a little gem. The staff are helpful and speak good English and we were pleasantly surprised by the size of our room, and by the fact that we had a good size balcony which overlooked immaculately well kept gardens. The general maintenance of the public areas is extremely good - spotlessly clean pool area and beautifully kept gardens and outside dining area. Our only small complaint was the fact that the mirror in the room was affixed to the back of the door, and at the end of the hallway to the room - which meant that drying one's hair presented a problem unless particularly long sighted !!! That apart I would certainly stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to friends - it represented very good value for money.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank srhmbe
Reviewed September 29, 2007

I am currently here with 3 friends for my 40th Birthday; Isabelle Aignan the owners wife has just verbally assaulted 2 of us, during our 2nd visit to the Spa; Shouting loudly at us whilst aggressively waving her phone infront of my face so closely that despite backing away; there was a real chance that She was going to hit me with it. We hoped to relax in the Spa as we had on Thus, but this woman is crazy. She was very aggressive & so rude I cannot describe. I asked for her name so I could pen a complaint. She refused to provide it; but She shouted that She was the owner. Having been here for 4 nights, and just settled my bill for well over 1,000 Euros I can say I have never been so appauled. My strong recommendation is that you avoid this rude, aggressive person who falls so far short of the mark in the principles of customer care that it is beyond rediculous. Infact She is slamming around behind me whilst I key this comment. There are so many lovely hotels in Cannes, but the proprietor of this hotel made our last day a horror.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2007

We have just returned from a conference in Cannes. The Hotel Beau Sejour in Cannes was a very pleasant place to stay. The staff, especially Xavier in reception, were great. Even before our arrival, Xavier responded to my e-mail queries about things to do and transportation. Definitely, an English language friendly place. The outdoor garden and our balcony were great places to take a break and just read a book. It was too cold to use the pool. The rooms were clean and the simple breakfast was quite good. There is no restaurant in the hotel, no room service, and no turndown service. The hotel is very close to the restaurants in Le Suquet and Musee de la Castre. However, this hotel isn't ideal for the business traveler. The internet service couldn't handle large attachments and there is no tech support. They charge 10 euros/hour for the connection! Plus, the phone isn't near the desk. Additionally, it felt like a long walk to the Palais des Festivals and restaurants east of here along La Croisette. Luckily, we had great weather and the walks were very pleasant. We heard last year at this time that it had rained a lot.

Because we booked late, all of the hotels listed in our travel guides (Frommers, Foder's) were booked. The travel agent recommended several hotels not in these books with availability. The only reviews we found for them were here at Tripadvisor.com. I was nervous about staying here -concerned about the language barrier (unfortunately, our French is awful) and cleanliness. Thanks to the other reviewers, we booked this hotel. And as I said before, it was clean and the reception staff were very helpful. Also, it was pretty easy to get everywhere we needed to go from here.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank surrealus
Reviewed August 8, 2006

We stayed for 10 nights last year and came back for 5 nights this year. Large rooms with balconies and furniture. Lovely pool and garden. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfasts to eat inside or out. Excellent value if booked through Superbreak.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank chestercity
Reviewed September 11, 2005

nice,clean hotel,really at walking distance from beach.always smiling,helpful staff,who know english very well.very good breakfast and all other services.rooms are spacious with safebox and bathrooms were well lit and clean.would love to stay there during next vacation to cannes.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank baladi
Reviewed August 15, 2005

My husband and I spent 6 days at the Hotel Beau Sejour in Cannes at the end of April, beginning of May, 2005. The room was good-sized with a shower that actually had a partial partition to keep the water in and a balcony which gave us a view of the Mediterranean and the pool. The breakfast which was included in the price was hearty, and the staff could not have been nicer. The hotel is not right downtown, but it was about a 10 minute walk through an area of shops and restaurants to the beach. For the price, we felt it was an excellent value and would definitely recommend it.

4  Thank KalamazooGrad