Hotel Belle Plage
  • Beachfront
Chanteclair(Cannes)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
All reviewsold towngreat locationroof terraceperfect place to stayminute strollthe air conditioningvisiting cannesrailway stationle
A TripAdvisor Member
secret
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very close to the beach, very close to the harbour. Very good breakfast with a wide selection of bread. The streets are noisy (but thats everywhere in Cannes) but the windows are very good isolated.
Would be nice if the terrasse on top of the building will be open until midnight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ameropa
Reviewed July 18, 2013

From the moment we stepped into the hotel until the moment we left the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly! The service was second-to-none and the staff have several languages mastered if you can't speak French! The room was lovely and fully cleaned daily to a great standard. Breakfast was lovely and the views from the roof-top terrace are stunning. We tried to look for faults as we thought it couldn't be perfect, but there were none to be found. We cannot recommend the hotel Belle Plage enough and when we return to Cannes, we WILL be staying there again!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and very quiet despite being next to the road, so anywhere is guaranteed to be good!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 19MichaelH92
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights at the Belle Plage hotel in Cannes in a sea view room with two double beds. Not really sure what to make of this hotel. It's not really outstanding in any single sense but not necessarily bad either. The staff were good, breakfast was good, the room was good, the view was good, the location was good and so on. That's kind of it: it was all good but there was nothing in particular to commend them for either. I'd definitely call the decor particularly outdated. Essentially it wasn't one of those "memorable stays". Cannes certainly was but not the hotel. Next time I'd probably choose a more centrally located hotel. We were approx. a 20 min walk from the main strip but admittedly still within minutes of some very cool restaurants, cafes and beautiful beaches were just across the road. Also if you have young kids, there's a park in front of the hotel. Can't really compare with the standards of other hotels in Cannes but just in a general sense it didn't feel like a 4 star hotel. Oh and their Internet connection is terrible!! We had to log on through some free website that dropped out every 2 minutes or so and then begin the registration progress all over again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank exUru
Reviewed June 29, 2013

To start with (and don't hotel stays usually start with this?) the service at this hotel is outstanding. The staff so friendly and helpful. Plus, they all speak English very well, which is great for losers like me :) who haven't taken the time to learn such a beautiful language. So if you need any help, directions, ideas for restaurants etc, the front desk is a wonderful resource.

The outside of the hotel looks kinda of 80's hip in the pro photos above and on the website, but honestly it's more like early 80's old-school-not-quite-chic-still-trying-to-look-new. So when I arrived I wondered if it was going to be one of those hotels that just feels weary. The decor is dated, yes, but it still felt comfortable. The room I had, had 2 small twin beds that I thought would annoy the heck out of me, yet I slept better on the firm mattress here than I do at most hotels. Plus room amenities were nice: stocked fridge with drinks and beer; tea, teapot and coffee on the desk. It had a reasonably-sized modern bathroom and toilet, plus an HD TV. My room had a mini balcony with a table and a great view of the ocean.

The hotel had free wifi too, and it was good enough to do work based mainly in the US.

Another great perk is the breakfasts - this is something many European hotels have which is a buffet with loads of easy and differnt foods, from cheese and meats to eggs and croissants. The coffee was strong but not as good as I get in California...but I can live with that. :)

I never hit the roof deck, but I heard it was nice.

One important note is that the hotel is a sizable walk from the center of town. So if you are visiting Cannes for an event at the Palais - such as Cannes Film fest or Cannes Lions festival - just note that it'll take you a solid 20 min to walk there. You could cab, but it's just not far enough to merit a ride that costs money, IMHO. Still, some of the Cannes events are big parties with late nights, and the Belle Plage was a perfect distance from some of the late night hubbub. Nice and quiet.

The beach, and one of the sections that's free, is maybe a 5 minute walk from the front of the hotel, and that's with waiting at street lights. IE, it's a great location for beach access.

Overall, I would stay here again and I definitely recommend this hotel for the traveler who wants to be comfortable, close to the ocean and doesn't want to pay high prices. If you want French chic, historically elegant digs, and in the center of town, this place isn't for you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank mattyrozee
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I really loved this hotel - They upgraded us to a sea view room which was very nice - the view was amazing!!! The beach is across the road from the hotel and there are lots of resturants very close by as well. Its very close (5min walk) to the port where you can take the ferry to the islands . The La Croisette area was about a 15 min walk walk away.

The hotel itself is great - very neat, clean, well kept. The breakfast was minimal but sufficient. If you want a great hotel with sea views at an afforable rate then its worth staying here rather than in La Crosiette itself. Most of La Crosiette beaches are private anyway and you have to pay to use most areas - and all the beaches across from this hotel is public - so worth staying here if you are on a beach holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends